SEC Network, Week 2...

DKW 86

When you play in the SEC and you pick up at least one solid out of conference team you need a couple of games to heal and re-group. Like other said since so many SEC teams played legit opponents last week this makes sense. Ugly but needed.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beyond now insisting that every team play a credible occ opponent during the season I don'

t thin

10448797_10202094810206728_7146943060667492849_n.jpg?oh=885794d0503d20be56ef35a05723492f&oe=5461AA1B

Not a gotta see game in the whole conference...lol

How is SECN showing 2 games at the same time?

Just out of curiosity ... does the SEC office have any say in schools scheduling OOC opponents? I would think they would want to avoid weekends like this.

Beyond now insisting that every SEC team play a credible occ opponent I don't think so. I think they fit them in when they can. Usually there is a week like this early in the season.

I'm looking forward to Florida State playing The Citadel this weekend. I'm sure the announcers are going to blast them for picking such a pansy of a team to play, and then mention numerous times on national TV that if they go undefeated after playing The Citadel they won't make the playoffs because of their weak out-of-conference schedule.

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

10448797_10202094810206728_7146943060667492849_n.jpg?oh=885794d0503d20be56ef35a05723492f&oe=5461AA1B

Just out of curiosity ... does the SEC office have any say in schools scheduling OOC opponents? I would think they would want to avoid weekends like this.

They have an alternate channel they use, don't know what or where it is but I am sure they will tell us at the appropriate time. I am curious about this myself. Shouldn't this be in Media Related??

If you have charter its at the end of the sports section, Says SEC ALT i believe. I was actually surprised so many people have had a hard time finding it.

I think the UAB/Moo State game will tell the most. I actually think UAB is better than they have been. This could tell us something about Moo State.

I agree. This could end up being the best game.

Figures Auburn is playing during one of the biggest games of the year - Oregon vs Michigan State. Thankfully I can pull that game up on basic cable and watch Auburn on ESPN2 and have both TVs up next to each other. So I'm glad there isn't a great game with an SEC team included.

Should show a lot of "scoring updates" on the ticker for Auburn.

Beyond now insisting that every team play a credible occ opponent during the season I don'

t thin

Beyond now insisting that every SEC team play a credible occ opponent I don't think so. I think they fit them in when they can. Usually there is a week like this early in the season.

The alternate channels for DISH are 596 and 597 for those of you that want to watch other games on the SEC Network, don't know about other networks. This has been a public service announcement. ;)

UAB might give MSU a run for it's money. They at least opened well v/s Troy.

Personally, the Arky State vs Tenn is the most competitive possible game of the whole slate.

This is really sad. New Network and a schedule this bad in its second week is not good....sheesh.

Personally, the Arky State vs Tenn is the most competitive possible game of the whole slate.

This is really sad. New Network and a schedule this bad...sheesh.

I am willing to bet that they planned it that way to have some good games for the first weekend.

Don't sleep on my Pirates. Shane Carden's a beast...I wouldn't be surprised if ECU pulls off the upset, with as bad as South Carolina's defense looked against aTm.

Of course, their schedule is brutal too (for an AAC team, anyway)...SCar this week, VT next week, and then UNC the week after.

Yeah, it sucks the schedule is so weak this Saturday. My wife works this weekend and I really have nothing else going on, so this would be one Saturday I could totally veg and just watch football all day. Oh well, might throw something good on the smoker and babysit that for a little while. I've still only seen the first episode each of "Breaking Bad" and "House of Cards", so I might binge watch one of them on Netflix until 6 pm.

Yeah, it sucks the schedule is so weak this Saturday. My wife works this weekend and I really have nothing else going on, so this would be one Saturday I could totally veg and just watch football all day. Oh well, might throw something good on the smoker and babysit that for a little while. I've still only seen the first episode each of "Breaking Bad" and "House of Cards", so I might binge watch one of them on Netflix until 6 pm.

There's plenty of good games to watch. Watch the ECU-SC game. Watch the Mizzou-Toledo game. Watch the USC-Stanford game. Should help you get through the day.

Dal Prescott was in a walking boot on crutches at practice yesterday. Could make the MSU game more interesting.

I apologize because I have not read this thread...

However, I just watched SEC NOW on SECN at 12-1AM PDT, and there were 2 segments on Alabama and the team was not mentioned less than 50 times in the first 30 minutes. Auburn was mentioned perhaps 5 times. It's getting ridiculous, and it disgusts me. I know there are multiple threads highlighting this, but it just struck a chord. I'm disgusted. I hate the tahd.

WDE.

That South Carolina game is the most interesting game on the slate. They have to get off the mat in a big way. East Carolina was 10-3 last year, with one 5-point loss to VaTech and an OT loss to Tulane. That's not a terrible team. The OBC better have his guys mentally put back together.

Without question. The Visor could easily be staring down the barrel of an 0-2 start, while already 0-1 in conference play with UGA on deck next weekend. Easily the most intriguing game on this weekend's schedule.

So, apparently the SEC Network alternate channel is not part of their deal with DirecTV. It has to be purchased seperately. That sucks! Shouldn't it be part of the deal since it is going to be an off game anyway each week as the biggest games will be on the regular SEC Network channels? Come on DirecTV and SEC Network, do this right.

Archived