Bama @ Ole Miss

Barnacle

MOST of you guys know more about football than me. (And I letter 4 yrs in HS and coached a bit). I just do not think the black bears (hehehe) have the offense to move the ball for 4 quarters against uat. Their D is stout but should be gassed by mid 3rd. Just my humble opinion. I will be shocked if this is much of a game. On the other hand , I have been wrong before.....

Well I'm an Ole Miss grad, so I'm pretty much biased anyway :homer:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I told a Bama guy I know that I feel that Bo will throw 3 ints and Bama wins by 20.

I just do not see Ole miss having the offense to keep up with bama and I do not see ole miss stopping cooper.

well no one is going to stop Cooper. If Hargreaves can't do it, no one can, IMO. However, Ole Miss probably has as good a chance as any to throttle their passing game. But yeah, it will come down to Ole Miss' offense.

I agree.. But I just have no faith in Bo. It seems he always has a terrible half or quarter and he loses that game for Ole Miss with his decisions. I am not saying I think Bama's defense is great but they are ahead of Boise and Memphis that forced all kinds of problems. The Ole Miss defense can only do so much. I think they will play decent but I am banking on Bo giving Bama short fields often(ish).

But hey, if Bama turns it over like they did versus Florida, could be a good game.

Right, and that's pretty much how I see it. If Ole Miss can move the ball with some consistency, and score a couple TDs, I think it will be a very tight game. Ole Miss' defense will keep them in the game. They did all they could last year, but Ole Miss couldn't move the ball to save their life, and also made some poor decisions in special teams. I expect that Freeze and the offense will be better prepared this year.

Spot on. Freeze needs to take points this year if it comes up. Last year could have been 9-12ish ( i dont remember everything). 3 points is better than 0.

His coaching might cost him this game. I would put my money on Saban not losing this game or than Freeze losing the game. If Ole Miss plays solid all the way around, then they have a very good shot.

I am eager to see this Ole Miss front 7 vs Bama O Line. How will they fare vs a really athletic d line and not just 1 or 2 guys like the florida game

Probably a good bet.....as for Sims...I'm not yet convinced about him....the UF defense was lost all afternoon long and I wonder if he will be so accurate with defenders breathing down his neck. Cooper is the guy and OM needs to control him but I think they can shake up Sims with an aggressive pass rush....but when was the last time OM won a REALLY big game?

I told a Bama guy I know that I feel that Bo will throw 3 ints and Bama wins by 20.

I just do not see Ole miss having the offense to keep up with bama and I do not see ole miss stopping cooper.

well no one is going to stop Cooper. If Hargreaves can't do it, no one can, IMO. However, Ole Miss probably has as good a chance as any to throttle their passing game. But yeah, it will come down to Ole Miss' offense.

I agree.. But I just have no faith in Bo. It seems he always has a terrible half or quarter and he loses that game for Ole Miss with his decisions. I am not saying I think Bama's defense is great but they are ahead of Boise and Memphis that forced all kinds of problems. The Ole Miss defense can only do so much. I think they will play decent but I am banking on Bo giving Bama short fields often(ish).

But hey, if Bama turns it over like they did versus Florida, could be a good game.

Right, and that's pretty much how I see it. If Ole Miss can move the ball with some consistency, and score a couple TDs, I think it will be a very tight game. Ole Miss' defense will keep them in the game. They did all they could last year, but Ole Miss couldn't move the ball to save their life, and also made some poor decisions in special teams. I expect that Freeze and the offense will be better prepared this year.

Spot on. Freeze needs to take points this year if it comes up. Last year could have been 9-12ish ( i dont remember everything). 3 points is better than 0.

His coaching might cost him this game. I would put my money on Saban not losing this game or than Freeze losing the game. If Ole Miss plays solid all the way around, then they have a very good shot.

I am eager to see this Ole Miss front 7 vs Bama O Line. How will they fare vs a really athletic d line and not just 1 or 2 guys like the florida game

Probably a good bet.....as for Sims...I'm not yet convinced about him....the UF defense was lost all afternoon long and I wonder if he will be so accurate with defenders breathing down his neck. Cooper is the guy and OM needs to control him but I think they can shake up Sims with an aggressive pass rush....but when was the last time OM won a REALLY big game?

last year against LSU

Oddly enough, if Sims were OM's QB and BW were uat's QB, I'd give the edge to OM. Of course, if BW were uat's QB then Coker'd probably start.

Oddly enough, if Sims were OM's QB and BW were uat's QB, I'd give the edge to OM. Of course, if BW were uat's QB then Coker'd probably start.

Bo Wallace reminds me of Steven Garcia at SC. You never knew what he was going to do. Garcia sure took bama to the woodpile. Maybe Bo can do the same but I wouldn't bet the ranch on that. We can only hope.

Bo Wallace reminds me of Steven Garcia at SC. You never knew what he was going to do. Garcia sure took bama to the woodpile. Maybe Bo can do the same but I wouldn't bet the ranch on that. We can only hope.

That is a very good comparison. Bo has talent but he certainly lacks.....something.... With that said, I'll be an OM "fan" THIS weekend anyway.

You guys are funny about Sims. He's been very good, but again, he's playing with the best skill players in the SEC (Auburn excepted, of course, because all of us are largely irrational about our team). Wallace has some quality WRs. Treadwell and Evans, in particular, are future NFL stars, but he's got zero run game. I'm not sure Ole Miss has a RB that would make Bama's scout squad. Everything Ole Miss does or does not do on offense falls solely on Wallace's shoulders. About 40% of Bama's success or failure falls on Sims. The rest goes to Henry/Yeldon/Drake running the ball and Cooper turning 5 yard passes into 20 yard gains. He had the game of his life against UF, but he won't see more wide-open receivers than he saw that day.

Put another way: When Sims is great, Bama is unstoppable. When he's below average, they're still pretty good. When Wallace is great, Ole Miss can score and score quickly. When he's bad, they are awful because they have no other options.

What is curious to me is despite this being a top 11, SEC matchup at Ole Miss, is that the public is all over Alabama, over 80%. People here talk about Ole Miss being overrated, but clearly not in the public's eyes. My guess is that the public will continue to push this line and if it gets above 7, the sharp bets will be on Ole Miss. That's all my opinion of course, but I think this will be a tighter game, at least score wise than people here think.

For Ol Sis to have a chance this weekend, they better bracket Cooper, and spy on Sims. Bammer will get their yards on the ground (they always do), but Ole Miss cannot let Cooper get 20 yards wide open, or turn a 2 yard screen into a 70 yard touchdown like Florida did all day. I think Miss's D-Line can pressure Sims, and can stop bammer's RBs enough to give them a chance. Turnovers, as always, will be key. Wallace needs to have one of his best games. The fact that this game is in Oxford, and College Gameday will be there, will give them a shot in the arm. They need to jump on bammer early, and never let off the gas. Bammer cannot hang with a "pace team", so Ol Sis needs to be going 100mph right from the start.

I like Ol Sis in this one. Of course, I never pull for bammer, so this is no surprise. War Eagle, and Hotty Toddy (at least for this game, anyway).

What is curious to me is despite this being a top 11, SEC matchup at Ole Miss, is that the public is all over Alabama, over 80%. People here talk about Ole Miss being overrated, but clearly not in the public's eyes. My guess is that the public will continue to push this line and if it gets above 7, the sharp bets will be on Ole Miss. That's all my opinion of course, but I think this will be a tighter game, at least score wise than people here think.

Your alma matre better find a dependable running game quickly because your opponent has a very balanced offense. Bo is just too inconsistant and unpredictable to lay 100% of the load on his shoulders.

Your alma matre better find a dependable running game quickly because your opponent has a very balanced offense. Bo is just too inconsistant and unpredictable to lay 100% of the load on his shoulders.

Spot on, and they really haven't found it yet this season.

Both teams have this game won. uat wins on the score board and in the media. The media is propping up this Ole Miss team so that when uat wins, it will be a MONUMENTAL victory for little nick and the turds. Ole Miss wins because they got GameDay. Ole Miss motto - we may lose the game but we will never lose THE PARTY. The game on this day will be over with by half time but the party will last for hours afterwards with little regard for who won or lost. Not sure but I bet you can count on one hand the number of Ole Miss victories over uat during the past 30 years. It hasn't mattered how bad uat was or how good Ole Miss was. It just doesn't happen no matter how hard we want it to. And nobody will be pulling for UM any more than I will be. Maybe THIS is the year.

One key to focus in on is that Bama has struggled at times getting their play calls in at home. Now they will be at Ole Miss and as long as Ole Miss keeps the game close and the fans in it I think they have a chance.

I wonder at all this bamr love. What have they done since the beginning of the season to make them so unbeatable. In my opinion OM will be the best team they've played so far. bamr's wrs won't be running free and clear like last week. bamr's running game didn't get cranked til the 4th qtr against uf (of course when you're chunking it for 900 yards why run it). They still have oline and secondary issues. Their qb has started all of 4 games. Just as KSU had Auburn circled since the opening of spring practice so has OM for bamr.They are likely to win but they won't drub OM.

Anyone else hearing that Sims hasn't thrown a pass since FLA game? Something about a shoulder problem. Would love for Coker :puke: to be the starter Saturday.

Ole Miss's best chance to win is to stop Alabama's running game. If they can limit Bama's rushing attack then they've got a good chance but if Alabama can establish their running game, it's going to be very difficult for Ole Miss to stop them. Also, don't forget that Sims is mobile. That's part of why he's been starting over Coker. Sims has been able to keep plays alive with his mobility and even pick up first downs by taking off.

Ole Miss has to hope Alabama plays sloppy like they did against Florida with some turnovers if they're going to pull the upset. I think Alabama wins this one. Just too much has to go right for Ole Miss and I don't see it happening. Alabama had 4 turnovers against Florida, yet still had over 600 yards of offense and still beat Florida by 21 points.

Ole miss wins! I sure miss my cousin, teammate and friend Chucky Mullins. Hotty toddy, go Rebs!!

hotty toddy. I could have sworn it was Hobby Lobby!!!

Ole Miss will give them all kinds of trouble. If they can keep it within a score in the fourth, rebels pull the upset. You will see the real Sims when the game is close and the defense puts a little pressure on him.

I wonder at all this bamr love. What have they done since the beginning of the season to make them so unbeatable. In my opinion OM will be the best team they've played so far. bamr's wrs won't be running free and clear like last week. bamr's running game didn't get cranked til the 4th qtr against uf (of course when you're chunking it for 900 yards why run it). They still have oline and secondary issues. Their qb has started all of 4 games. Just as KSU had Auburn circled since the opening of spring practice so has OM for bamr.They are likely to win but they won't drub OM.

It's not so much love for Bama as it is skepticism of Ole Miss to be able to rise to the occasion. More specifically it is the propensity of Bo Wallace to just hand the game to the opponent.

Archived