Muschamp

TexasTiger

If I was Foley, I'd look hard at Mark Stoops (Kentucky). That guy can recruit and is turning things around there quickly. Know they got blown out Saturday, but one game doesn't define the work he's done there.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mendenhall sounds interesting. Briles I could see maybe. I hear people say UF fans don't care about Mullen but the question is what does Foley think? He is the one making the decision and he won't consult the fan base. I have a hard time seeing Spurrier going back. Harbaugh is an NFL guy. Only college he might go back to is Michigan and I wouldn't bet on that. I don't see them going the coordinator route this time around.

I had heard Mullen and Foley don't get along and there is no way Mullen goes to UF

Saban to UF makes sense. No doubt Saban hates the Alabama fan base. How many times is he going to keep calling them out. He knows they can't be satisfied. He loves to rebuild teams. I personally think he retires and hits the broadcast circuit. He is on TV more than he has even been. When he interviews it's like he is practicing for that day he becomes the analyst.

I can't see Saban moving to UF or to broadcasting - to me, he does not have the personality for broadcasting (just seems like he is too uncomfortable with it). I don't see UF paying the $$$ to get him away from Bama and as long as he has the control there, no need for him to leave until he is ready to retire.

Mendenhall sounds interesting. Briles I could see maybe. I hear people say UF fans don't care about Mullen but the question is what does Foley think? He is the one making the decision and he won't consult the fan base. I have a hard time seeing Spurrier going back. Harbaugh is an NFL guy. Only college he might go back to is Michigan and I wouldn't bet on that. I don't see them going the coordinator route this time around.

I had heard Mullen and Foley don't get along and there is no way Mullen goes to UF

People hear a lot of things. It may very well be true I don't know but things get started and just like last year when the talk of Saban going to Texas came up people heard all kinds of things.

Saban to UF makes sense. No doubt Saban hates the Alabama fan base. How many times is he going to keep calling them out. He knows they can't be satisfied. He loves to rebuild teams. I personally think he retires and hits the broadcast circuit. He is on TV more than he has even been. When he interviews it's like he is practicing for that day he becomes the analyst.

I can't see Saban moving to UF or to broadcasting - to me, he does not have the personality for broadcasting (just seems like he is too uncomfortable with it). I don't see UF paying the $$$ to get him away from Bama and as long as he has the control there, no need for him to leave until he is ready to retire.

I read somewhere that Saban wanted to do broadcasting as his next gig. If you ahve seen him on tv away from football of his own team he is a different guy. Somewhat likeable. Its just when he talks alabama football he turns into a huge jerk. Seems like he hates his job every day dealing with the Bamzo's and their fan rags.

I read somewhere that Saban wanted to do broadcasting as his next gig. If you ahve seen him on tv away from football of his own team he is a different guy. Somewhat likeable. Its just when he talks alabama football he turns into a huge jerk. Seems like he hates his job every day dealing with the Bamzo's and their fan rags.

He'd be a big draw as an analyst and does a decent job at it. Comes off much better.

He'd be a big draw as an analyst and does a decent job at it. Comes off much better.

He's got better creds than most of the ESPN and SEC Net "analysts" who are primarily failed football coaches or former players that never made a splash in the NFL.

Well wouldn't you if you had to deal with that bunch of goobers? I think he might have already walked away if he hadn't lost all that money on those real estate deals. Broadcasting pays good but not anything like being the head football coach at a major university.

While I despise Mullen, I think those who discount him are wrong.

Dan Mullen has been at MSU since the 2009 season. In 2009, the SEC Champion and BCS NC came from the SEC West. In 2010, the SEC Champion and BCS NC came from the SEC West. In 2011, the SEC Champion and BCS NC came from the SEC West. Oh, and the BCS NC game was two SEC West teams. In 2012, the SEC Champion and BCS NC came from the SEC West. In 2012, the SEC Champion and BCS runner-up came from the SEC West.

In other words, Mullen came to the worst team in the SEC West at the time the SEC West was utterly dominant in the FBS. Had Mullen gone to another conference or to an SEC East school he might have done better.

I for one, want Mullen gone from the SEC West.

Now, for the Ol' Ball Coach. The more I watch him this year, both at games and off the field, his heart is no longer in it. He would make a great commentator. He will be 70 years old next year, and would be at best a temporary fix for Florida, assuming he wanted to do the job.

Saban? I am certain Saban had one foot in Austin last off-season, and was outmaneuvered by Mack Brown. Saban might go somehwere else someday, but I don't see Florida.

Charlie Strong? After only one year at Texas? That would be expensive to pull off.

Hugh Freeze? If Mullen goes, Freeze's position becomes more solid. He will be able to recruit more effectively. Also, what if Les Miles goes to the Big House once they fire Hoke? Again, benefits Freeze.

He's got better creds than most of the ESPN and SEC Net "analysts" who are primarily failed football coaches or former players that never made a splash in the NFL.

I hear that he's making a push to work for The Longhorn Network. <_<

Muschamp can be a DC or an on air personality.

Only on HBO. His vocabulary is unfit for broadcast TV.

Zactly! What about Kirby Smart, who may have tolerated Bama fans, Weeman, and the rest...but realized that Lane Kiffin was the last straw? :jossun:

Bob (not Mark, not Mike) Stoops.

Interesting call. As much as he gripes about the SEC's hold on the media, it comes off more as jealousy than anything else. Plus his tenure seems to have stagnated at OU...can't seem to get over the hump. I could see him to Florida...

Spurrier returns! (insert needle scratching across record here)

Mullen is the popular choice because he's the flavor of the month in college ball, but his record before this season is Cutcliffe-like. He's recruited well to an armpit of a campus/program but that's not a resume helper if he doesn't translate it to a top 10 finish at some point. Ironically, I'd bet pre-Texas Charlie Strong would have been on the short list (the UF/Texas connection is becoming Kenndy/Lincoln-like) and Utah has a winning coach again :roflol: but don't put it past them to go after Gus. His mindset is very, VERY similar to what Jeremy Foley like's in a HC. Not starting rumors though. I look for Foley to go after a high caliber minority candidate like Stanford's coach (Foley's shown no concern over recruiting a coach with zero ties to the Southeast) and although it's fanbase is a hick-ish as any in the SEC, UF is ready for a minority head football coach. Keesler, what say ye?

Someone decided to put it up on Craigslist. http://gainesville.c...4723361836.html

That is well done. Pretty much a window to the soul of Gator fans.

"If your last name is Spurrier, you can skip the interview process this time. Seriously. We're sorry. Very sorry. The job is yours. We'll help you pack. Name your price. Please come back."

I don't see Kirby Smart. He is a complete unknown as a head coach. He is another potential Muschamp.

I don't see Steve Spurrior or Mack Brown, both are older and would only be temporary solutions. In five years UF will be doing it all over again.

All the others are on the table.

I think it is Mullen's if he is willing to take it. He may be PO'd that they didn't give it to him when Meyer left.

I think that it was him that didn't want to go there if If I remember correctly. I know there was a lot of talk about him. I think i remember him essentially taking himself out of the running. MSU got mad at him because every time a coaching vacancy came up he kept letting the rumors circulate that he was interested in maybe taking one of them. He was on the hot seat before the 2013 season.

I don't see Kirby Smart. He is a complete unknown as a head coach. He is another potential Muschamp.

I don't see Steve Spurrior or Mack Brown, both are older and would only be temporary solutions. In five years UF will be doing it all over again.

All the others are on the table.

True, but in this day and age some schools would love to be able to hang onto a coach for five years.

Archived