NFL Scout Grades on AU-MSU

1TexasTiger

Right here, and still wondering when, if ever, you will have something positive to add to this forum. Second guessing with 20-20 hindsight based on one game is right at the peak of your contributions.

"Second guessing"...I've been saying it for months, leading up to last season, that our starting linebackers would be a strong point this year. Meanwhile, during that entire period of time you have been crying about how we supposedly didn't have a single "SEC caliber" linebacker on the roster. They have BOTH played at an above-average level in virtually every game this season...ergo; I'm right, you're wrong.

meta, I'll just say I think there's some revisionist history with your presentation of Greg Robinson in 2012. Our offensive line sucked in 2012. He was part of the reason why. He didn't even make the SEC's All-Freshman team. He was benched during a game late in the season (one of our wins... NMSU? Alabama A&M?). You could see potential, but not one person thought he was an all-conference caliber guy going into 2013, and certainly, no one thought he would be ready for the NFL after that season. 2012 Greg Robinson just wasn't that good.

In hindsight, sure, he's great, but 90% of good film on the guy came in 2013. It's unfair to compare Shon to 2013 Greg. He's better (or at least as good) right now than Greg was in 2012, and he's performing with actual pressure. After game 5 (Arkansas), no one on the 2012 team had pressure. We sucked, and everyone knew it. Shon doesn't have the luxury of struggling in anonymity. Greg did.

Also, for the record, Shon should be farther along than Greg was as a redshirt freshman. He's 22. Even with everything that happened, a 22 year-old guy is just more mature than an 18 or 19 year-old guy. I think Shon is better right now than Greg was in 2012, and I think he should be better. The question is, how much better can he get this year and next and the next than he is right now. The answer for Greg was orders of magnitude better. We don't know the answer for Shon yet.

I said Robinson would be an all sec player in 2012 and also the o line was bad but not as bad as it looked it didn't have a good qb. And Robinson played well in 2012 the run blocking was ok as well

Archived