***Auburn vs. Samford -- Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

That was a lackluster performance. I know we don't want to get guys hurt in games like this but at the same time there's no excuse to have to have your starters in that late in the 4th quarter. Yeah we "turned it on" but it didn't feel like we dominated. We still made mistakes and had some bad penalties. We still don't look sharp.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These games are lose/lose. Just hard to tell very much because of the talent levels. But for two weeks in a row our offense has been very

pedistrian. That could have been by design.

I don't think so. They definitely wouldn't have been that way by design against UGA. There was just a general lack of focus or something last night.

By design against Samford.

Nah. They couldn't afford to do that. This team needed to come out and be getting their act together for next week. After the two previous weeks they absolutely needed to work on everything and not hold anything back. They were still committing penalties and not blocking. That isn't a result of playing vanilla or holding back.

They couldn't afford to have any more injuries either. And no one wanted to put a total beat down on Pat's team anyway. It wasn't necessary for AU to go all out, so they didn't.

I can't imagine the plan was to have to have our starters in 3/4 of the way through the 4th quarter to seal a victory. That what was required because the offense was so ineffective and had nothing to do with not wanting to beat Pat bad or not suffer injuries. We risked that with them being on the field so long anyways.

These games are lose/lose. Just hard to tell very much because of the talent levels. But for two weeks in a row our offense has been very

I don't think so. They definitely wouldn't have been that way by design against UGA. There was just a general lack of focus or something last night.

Nah. They couldn't afford to do that. This team needed to come out and be getting their act together for next week. After the two previous weeks they absolutely needed to work on everything and not hold anything back. They were still committing penalties and not blocking. That isn't a result of playing vanilla or holding back.

They couldn't afford to have any more injuries either. And no one wanted to put a total beat down on Pat's team anyway. It wasn't necessary for AU to go all out, so they didn't.

You go all out for the 1st half build your lead and then by mid 3rd quarter at the latest, you can bring your subs in. That's what these games are for.

I can't imagine the plan was to have to have our starters in 3/4 of the way through the 4th quarter to seal a victory. That what was required because the offense was so ineffective and had nothing to do with not wanting to beat Pat bad or not suffer injuries. We risked that with them being on the field so long anyways.

I have to agree. If we couldn't afford to have injuries then why in the world would we have starters in until 5 minutes to go in the game? And how many times have we heard about injuries occurring because of players not going all out?

Archived