***Auburn vs. Samford -- Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

Is this where I come to whine and moan, or do I use the other 30 threads of people making no sense whatsoever?

Well I don't know but some of this stuff tonight is pretty entertaining...

I've avoided it.

Gus said on the radio at half that he thinks they had our calls on offense(thanks Kodi! ;) ), which is probably why it took us so long to get something going on offense. You can see, plain as day, that our offense went from being lost to being on fire. Defense, Monty especially, showed out.

If they can ride this wave, and I hope they do, they could shut down bama.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this where I come to whine and moan, or do I use the other 30 threads of people making no sense whatsoever?

Well I don't know but some of this stuff tonight is pretty entertaining...

I've avoided it.

Gus said on the radio that he thinks they had our calls on offense(thanks Kodi! ;) ), which is probably why it took us so long to get something going on offense. You can see, plain as day, that our offense went from being lost to being on fire. Defense, Monty especially, showed out.

If they can ride this wave, and I hope they do, they could shut down bama.

Yeah I heard that. Kodi was very useful for them tonight!

I hope the fire smolders all week and reignites in turdtown next week.

Well the schedule has been brutal no doubt. Something isn't quite right. Hard to put my finger on what exactly that is. Well in any case this off season is or should be tough on players and coaches. Everyone gets evaluated and that includes Gus looking at himself and seeing where he needs to improve. Come out next week with the fire in their belly and let it all hang out. I hope after next week, everyone takes some time to recharge their batteries before the bowl game practices start and end the season on a good note.

I know its Samford, but I saw improvements tonight after we finally got on the board. I still have little confidence about an Iron Bowl win, but I don't feel it's impossible either.

I'll miss having CJ and Reese out there every Saturday. I think Sammie is going to bolt as well. Glad they went out in style. Even better for them to go out with a 10 win season. It's not impossible....

Well the schedule has been brutal no doubt. Something isn't quite right. Hare to put my finger on what exactly that is. Well in any case this off season is or should be tough on players and coaches. Everyone gets evaluated and that includes Gus looking at himself and seeing where he needs to improve. I hope after next week, everyone takes some time to rechargw their batteries before the bowl game practices start and end the season on a good note.

A lot of mental and physical stress and fatigue from having a target on their back while facing the toughest schedule in the nation have caused most of the trouble. Some coaches and kids may handle it better than others at this time in their lives. The lack of focus and the mistakes are not really due to a lack of talent IMHO.

So Kodi will likely be sitting at Samford for however long Sullivan is still chugging along and knows at least some of our plays, Lashlee is supposedly one of the hotter offensive coordinators in the nation, Burns loves Auburn, we might be set on offense for a long while, staff wise

Sucks that JJ only got 1 possession though. Wasted opportunity to get some more PT for next year.

par for the course... less the better it seems.... the same 4-5-6 get the ball and rest show the new recruits what to expect.

As much as I love Gus, I agree. This is something he needs to think about. You could see the frustration on JJ's face.

Some of these posters should listen to the post game show with Gabe Gross.

May I ask what he is saying?

He is just talking about how beat up physically our kids are, the brutal schedule, and how AU will have to face the #1 team again in the same season. He is not excusing the penalties and how damaging they have been, or the mistakes made. But he has a much different perspective on this team than a lot of the posters here. It has been really interesting.

How is that any different than any other SEC West team?

Some of these posters should listen to the post game show with Gabe Gross.

May I ask what he is saying?

He is just talking about how beat up physically our kids are, the brutal schedule, and how AU will have to face the #1 team again in the same season. He is not excusing the penalties and how damaging they have been, or the mistakes made. But he has a much different perspective on this team than a lot of the posters here. It has been really interesting.

How is that any different than any other SEC West team?

Its not.

These games are lose/lose. Just hard to tell very much because of the talent levels. But for two weeks in a row our offense has been very pedistrian. That could have been by design.

These games are lose/lose. Just hard to tell very much because of the talent levels. But for two weeks in a row our offense has been very pedistrian. That could have been by design.

I don't think so. They definitely wouldn't have been that way by design against UGA. There was just a general lack of focus or something last night.

So Kodi will likely be sitting at Samford for however long Sullivan is still chugging along and knows at least some of our plays, Lashlee is supposedly one of the hotter offensive coordinators in the nation, Burns loves Auburn, we might be set on offense for a long while, staff wise

Dude I like Kodi but he's not going to be our future offensive coordinator

Nicks, bruises, soreness, etc...plus injuries all contributed to our look for the past couple of weeks. If Kodi did steal our signs then that explains some. However, NM probably isn't as comfortable (timing wise) with the other receivers nor they with him since the injury to Duke. He didn't spread the ball around a lot during the season (probably because Duke & Sammie were almost automatic). So that played a part in it. I hope the fellas recover and put it on the line next week and take home the win. I think that if they get into that mental attitude they can do it. Hope Duke is back next week.

Dude I like Kodi but he's not going to be our future offensive coordinator

If Gus Malzahn is still HC when Lashlee is gone, name one person who knows this offense more than a guy who played two different roles in it? Apparently he could predict the plays in the first quarter so he still knows some of them.

These games are lose/lose. Just hard to tell very much because of the talent levels. But for two weeks in a row our offense has been very

pedistrian. That could have been by design.

I don't think so. They definitely wouldn't have been that way by design against UGA. There was just a general lack of focus or something last night.

By design against Samford.

These games are lose/lose. Just hard to tell very much because of the talent levels. But for two weeks in a row our offense has been very

Nah. They couldn't afford to do that. This team needed to come out and be getting their act together for next week. After the two previous weeks they absolutely needed to work on everything and not hold anything back. They were still committing penalties and not blocking. That isn't a result of playing vanilla or holding back.

Nah. They couldn't afford to do that. This team needed to come out and be getting their act together for next week. After the two previous weeks they absolutely needed to work on everything and not hold anything back. They were still committing penalties and not blocking. That isn't a result of playing vanilla or holding back.

They couldn't afford to have any more injuries either. And no one wanted to put a total beat down on Pat's team anyway. It wasn't necessary for AU to go all out, so they didn't.

Archived