***Auburn vs. Samford -- Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

Waited 54 minutes to see JJ...way too long. Team still looks flat. We have to play the best game that we have played all year, next week, yet there are no indications that we have turned the corner. Could be a long day next Saturday.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a masterpiece, but the D played well. O was O-kay, so to speak. War Eagle!

This was Samford for goodness sake. Our D sees their offense every day.

I'm never gonna fault the D if we give up only 7 points. Sorry.

We have given up more to other FCS teams so yes that was a good thing. I have to say that in spite of the troubles they have had this season the last two games haven't been that terrible on that side of the ball. It seems like we can't get both sides to play good at the same time.

LSU was our most complete game. If we can summon that against Bama, I bet we win. If not, it'll be a long day.

How many scoring opportunites in the redzone did Samford come up empty? I am not griping, just wondering.

Not a masterpiece, but the D played well. O was O-kay, so to speak. War Eagle!

This was Samford for goodness sake. Our D sees their offense every day.

I'm never gonna fault the D if we give up only 7 points. Sorry.

We have given up more to other FCS teams so yes that was a good thing. I have to say that in spite of the troubles they have had this season the last two games haven't been that terrible on that side of the ball. It seems like we can't get both sides to play good at the same time.

LSU was our most complete game. If we can summon that against Bama, I bet we win. If not, it'll be a long day.

How many scoring opportunites in the redzone did Samford come up empty? I am not griping, just wondering.

Didn't count. I'm guessing all but one.

;)

Waited 54 minutes to see JJ...way too long. Team still looks flat. We have to play the best game that we have played all year, next week, yet there are no indications that we have turned the corner. Could be a long day next Saturday.

I'm pretty sure we knew that part for a couple of months now, can we do it? Maybe if we recruit Bob the Builder

If we play like we have the last two weeks we get our brains beat out next weekend. If we play like we are capable of playing we have a chance. Should be interesting to see which Auburn team shows up. The guys that ran LSU off the field or the mess we have seen recently.

I didn't see anything at all tonite that would cause me to think Saturday is going to be any better than what we've seen past 3-4 weeks. Sorry guys, but it's all on Gus. One week can't be enough to fix all that's gone wrong with our team, especially against a Bama team that's playing much better ball right now. Love to derail their playoff hopes, but can't see it happening.

What's the deal with Melvin Ray? All he does is catch every pass thrown to him, and then go to the bench. Is it blocking? Body odor? For an offense that looks like we looked the last two weeks, he had to have po'd somebody, cause he looks better than anyone we play at this position, with the possible exception of Duke. Any thoughts?

just like roc against msu

Could someone remove DTB. The negativity is wearing thin.

Quit being so dang sensitive.

If DTR couldn't be negative, he'd have about a half dozen posts here. He lives to bitch.

A lot sucked tonight. The thing that bothered me the most........Pat does not look well. That was a kick in the sack.

It makes me so sad to see how frail he seems.

It is. He's a great and true Auburn man.

Could someone remove DTB. The negativity is wearing thin.

Quit being so dang sensitive.

If DTR couldn't be negative, he'd have about a half dozen posts here. He lives to bitch.

:lmao:

Some of these posters should listen to the post game show with Gabe Gross.

May I ask what he is saying?

He is just talking about how beat up physically our kids are, the brutal schedule, and how AU will have to face the #1 team again in the same season. He is not excusing the penalties and how damaging they have been, or the mistakes made. But he has a much different perspective on this team than a lot of the posters here. It has been really interesting.

Is this where I come to whine and moan, or do I use the other 30 threads of people making no sense whatsoever?

Well I don't know but some of this stuff tonight is pretty entertaining...

Archived