Ten reasons why Auburn will defeat Alabama

Dual-Threat Rigby

The bammer team we are playing isn't nearly as good as they have been the past several years. They are beatable. I fully expect to win this game. I know the last couple games have been rough, but the team we are playing won in OT against LSU and beat a pre-resurgence Arkansas by 1 point. Auburn can win this game.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bammer team we are playing isn't nearly as good as they have been the past several years. They are beatable. I fully expect to win this game. I know the last couple games have been rough, but the team we are playing won in OT against LSU and beat a pre-resurgence Arkansas by 1 point. Auburn can win this game.

Bingo!!! I agree 100%

Arkansas was in resurgence mode the entire year. Auburn just caught them when Auburn was great itself.

Some of these posts are amusing. They are describing an Auburn team that hasn't been around since very early in the year. As if a switch can be flipped and Auburn is suddenly playing well again.

If Auburn can limit turnovers.

If NM can run the ball.

If Auburn doesn't commit stupid penalties.

So much pie in the sky.

We know the defense is challenged. And now the offense is struggling.

These ifs aren't going to happen. It took several games for Auburn to regress to this point. It'll take more than two weeks worth of practice since the uga beatdown for it to change back.

Wow. Lots of negative NANCYS hanging around. Good entertainment .......

that logic is valid if texam is not included. But they are.

that logic is valid if texam is not included. But they are.

I could see bama winning by 3 TDs minimum. They are hungry now and we are fading this season. They want, what they would call, revenge from last year. The stadium will be wild.

Auburn is terrible on special teams they don't have a punter and the kicker will come along fine but as of now he's not the typical Auburn kicker.

Defense is terrible, no pass rush and the secondary has been on a downward spiral. By the way what little pass rush we had has taken a hit by 2 DL injuries.

The offense is trending down, NM has been shut down, CAP is not that good. Hate to say it but Coleman has been disappointing, but still a big fan. The WR core is great when we can get em the ball and they not drop it consistently. So I can't think of 1 reason why Auburn will win... All that "throw the record book out" cliche is crap the best team usually wins. But like Lloyd Christmas believed, there is always a chance.

This is OT- but can't find where to post. We are heading to the Iron Bowl from Arlington, TX and are looking for the area where AU fans tailgate. We would love to hangout with other AU fans. Any suggestions?

uat is a shadow of its former self. They are VERY beatable. It is up to AU to put them out of their misery. WDE !!!

I could see bama winning by 3 TDs minimum. They are hungry now and we are fading this season. They want what they would call revenge from last year. The stadium will be wild.

Auburn is terrible on special teams they don't have a punter and the kicker will come along fine but as of now he's not the typical Auburn kicker.

Defense is terrible, no pass rush and the secondary has been on a downward spiral. By the what little pass rush we had is taking a hit by 2 DL injuries.

The offense is trending down, NM has been shut down, CAP is not that good. Hate to say it but Coleman has been disappointing, but still a big fan. The WR core is great when we can get em the ball and they not drop it consistently. So I can't think of 1 reason why Auburn will win... All that "throw the record book out" cliche is crap the best team usually wins. But like Lloyd Christmas believed, there is always a chance.

Well...CAP does lead the SEC in rushing. : )

I am pretty level headed and tend to be a realist. Having said that, I agree that I don't see this UA team being what they have been. Are they good? Yes. But, I think they are very beatable.

I agree that a key will be AU starting well. I think the longer the game goes on, and it's close, the more it favors us.

No doubt in my mind that we are more than capable of beating them. We just need to play our game. I don't think we have to play "perfect" or "out of our minds" to win. I think we are better than that!

Yes, we have hurt ourselves in a couple of games this year. Yes, we lost a game we had no business losing and got it handed to us in another. But hey, even Peyton Manning has a bad game every now and then!

I don't think the team has "quit" or "mailed it in". I saw effort last week and against UGA. I fully expect to see it this Saturday.

So WDE! Let's go out, put it all on the line, leave it all on the field . . . etc. and beat the Tahd!

I know some of you are just turd fans making out to be AU fans but for the true AU fans I suggest you take sometime and go back and look at our games and look at uat's. You will see that we beat ourselves with turnovers and penalties. We definitely have the talent to beat those three teams everyday of the week. uat on the other hand has had to depend on teams making mistakes and refs helping out to win most of their important games. Their is no doubt in my mind that we can beat them by more than two touchdowns if we both played our best games. Bama under saben has never been as good as advertised. They gained a lot of momentum due to their folklore (that was largely created by the media) to get teams to play outside of their strengths against them. Gus will not succumb to that. For those that doubt, remember 2009. Gus's first year on the plains. AU was a major underdog to an undefeated #1 uat. AU dressed 65 scholarship players in that game. AU led the whole game and the only reason we lost is CGC went prevent offense and defense for the whole 4th quarter and let uat score the go ahead with a third and ten with 1:29 left in the game. In 2010 Gus won. In 2011 Gus wasn't running the offense by the uat game. CGC had taken over. 2013 Gus beat an undefeated uat team led by saben. Contrary to the media's perception the only reason uat was still in the game was their miracle 99 yard pass play for the only score they had in the last 2 and 1/2 quarters. But hey don't let something like facts interfere with your opinion. WDE Beat bama.

We seem to have lost that Confidence or Mojo or Rythm or Belief or all of the above and our players are trying too hard sometimes and making those penalties and fumbles. If we can put it together, this is going to be a great game. If a few things go our way early, that would be great. War Eagle..and hoping for the best

I don't know why people keep posting like everyone is making Alabama to be like the '13 Seahawks or something. Everyone knows they're beatable, Auburn's just played horrendous recently and that's why the majority is predicting a blowout, not because of anything Alabama has done.

I don't know why people keep posting like everyone is making Alabama to be like the '13 Seahawks or something. Everyone knows they're beatable, Auburn's just played horrendous recently and that's why the majority is predicting a blowout, not because of anything Alabama has done.

Exactly

This is true. Although many talking heads on TV say that bama is the best team in college football they don't look 'great' to me. Good, yes. But not great.

However they to look good all the time. And that's the biggest difference between them and Auburn right now. bama isn't on a roller coaster. They're as good this week as they were last week. And they're as good in the 2nd quarter as they were in the first.

They don't seem to have emotional highs and lows. Sort of like a machine actually.

They play assignment football, everyone knows their keys and if they don't perform, they know they will be watching from the sidelines while someone else is in their place. Fear of being replaced is motivation to perform.

I hope every one of you that predict an Auburn upset are right! However, it is hard for me to imagine Auburn magically playing as well as we did against LSU or even Kansas St. The problems have been well documented in this thread. I just have a weird feeling there is something more that those of us are not privy to outside of their lockroom. Something that there is no quick fix for.

If we can score fast and be tied or ahead at the end of the 1st quarter, we have a chance. But if Bama scores first, it could get ugly real quick. Bama can be beaten, but they are also a very different team at home vs. on the road.

Here's hoping - War Eagle!!

Archived