Ferguson Grand Jury Has Reached a Decision

AUUSN

These people have been fed the lies about police that have been spewed forth by the likes of Jesse, Al and even our current AG. They go and riot not seeing the irony of the situation and how it makes them look to the nation at large.
Did you not read this paragraph from the article I posted? It is remarkable that conservatives who tell black Americans not to focus on police brutality because it is not the primary problem for blacks in America are the same conservatives who defenestrate that logic while squeezing all of the political juice they can out of tragedies like the Benghazi attacks. No logical argument can be made for suggesting that Benghazi is the primary issue affecting Americans, but conservative Republicans in the House of Representatives are still taking votes on the topic, and mainstream conservatives on social media still have Benghazi ribbons and hashtags reminding fellow conservatives to “Never Forget!” More Americans are killed every year at the hands of militarized officers who engage in police brutality than were killed in that one tragic event at the Benghazi consulate in Libya. However, it is supposedly acceptable to have never-ending commentary about Benghazi, but black Americans should not speak about police brutality because it is not a “primary” concern. Where is the intellectual consistency?

Please don't insult the intelligence of those with true concerns in their communities as it relates to police brutality. http://ago.mo.gov/VehicleStops/2013/reports/161.pdf

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But they've released all the testimony and evidence in the case. Even after a night of pouring over it, I've yet to see a coherent account that shows there was a miscarriage of justice based on the evidence. I see a lot of people upset over a general history of racial animus between minorities and police, but not really anyone who is upset based on the particulars of THIS case.

So you're one of the few folks that have pored over the details released. You didn't see witnesses and assess credibility.

Not speaking for Titan here , he needs no assist from me but Tex, come on. In this thread alone you have firmly established yourself as the master of arguing moot points and unfounded assertions. Its unbelievable that you dont see it seeing how you routinely intimate that you're operating from a perch of superior intellectual acumen.

Okay, you know some big words .

And all of them, in this specific instance, are dead on accurate when used describing you in this thread. Your response here reinforces the central point of the post. When you're wrong, instead of simply conceding, you fall back on predictable nonsense. You told me what I would have posted if the decision had gone the other way. You do realize that is a classic moot point, right? That point is arguable, at best, because we'll never know what I would have posted because the reality is it didn't go the other.

The Grand Jury convened 25 times and heard over 70 hours of evidence ranging from eye witness, to forensic and DNA analysis. My belief is we have to trust the process. Clearly, the system is not perfect but its what we have in place in our effort to serve justice. You accused me of "cheering on the decision" and when I challenged you to point out the post that prompted that accusation you ignored me. It didn't happen but you weren't willing to admit it and doubled down calling me the most predictable poster here. Like I said, you've become the master of moot points and unfounded assertions..rage on liberal soldier

There were groups in Ferguson last night who were going to riot and loot no matter what military or police presence was there. I dare say that if the Grand Jury had handed down an indictment, that these same groups would have rioted and looted in celebration of the verdict. It's what they were there to do.

^This

Basically there is a group of opportunist scumbags that wait for these moments. Watching them pillagethe stores made me really sick. I just wish the law enforcement would have done something-ANYTHING to interfere with the looting. Either that or mount a .50 cal and do society a favor.

Seriously?

There were groups in Ferguson last night who were going to riot and loot no matter what military or police presence was there. I dare say that if the Grand Jury had handed down an indictment, that these same groups would have rioted and looted in celebration of the verdict. It's what they were there to do.

^This

Basically there is a group of opportunist scumbags that wait for these moments. Watching them pillagethe stores made me really sick. I just wish the law enforcement would have done something-ANYTHING to interfere with the looting. Either that or mount a .50 cal and do society a favor.

Seriously?

No, not seriously. I just woke up. I would, however like to see people like those looters removed from general population. I cannot see what good having people like that loose does for anyone. I hate a damn thief.

^This

Seriously?

No, not seriously. I just woke up. I would, however like to see people like those looters removed from general population. I cannot see what good having people like that loose does for anyone. I hate a damn thief.

Thank goodness. I thought you had lost it for a moment. I would guess they will eventually be imprisoned. We are pretty good at locking up violent people. I wish we were somehow better at preventing violence. For the life of me, I cannot understand the timing of the announcement.

Thank goodness. I thought you had lost it for a moment. I would guess they will eventually be imprisoned. We are pretty good at locking up violent people. I wish we were somehow better at preventing violence. For the life of me, I cannot understand the timing of the announcement.

I would say we are pretty good at locking up people in general.

Did anyone think the police would do anything to stop the THUGS actions last night? They all fear what would be done to them if they did their job. That is liberalism's main flaw. Stupidity has consequences...

Did anyone think the police would do anything to stop the THUGS actions last night? They all fear what would be done to them if they did their job. That is liberalism's main flaw. Stupidity has consequences...

Yes, anything and everything that is negative is all about liberalism. If you are a right wing extremist nut job.

Agreed, with the exception of politicians and those politically connected.

Agreed, with the exception of politicians and those politically connected.

...and celebrities-politically connected or not.

They deployed teargas, told them to disperse and arrested some folks. What else were you expecting?

As far as the police response goes, I too, thought it was weak and essentially ineffective. I had no expectations, in terms of what I felt they should have done, Im simply operating from hindsight which is always easy. It seems to me the National Guard should have made a stronger presence but again, Im not in law enforcement. I am well aware, however, that there is a growing public sentiment that prefers to portray the police as the criminals especially when they resort to force. Sadly, in this "post racial" society, it seems, race relations have snapped back to the 1960s. sigh........

But they've released all the testimony and evidence in the case. Even after a night of pouring over it, I've yet to see a coherent account that shows there was a miscarriage of justice based on the evidence. I see a lot of people upset over a general history of racial animus between minorities and police, but not really anyone who is upset based on the particulars of THIS case.

So you're one of the few folks that have pored over the details released. You didn't see witnesses and assess credibility.

This is true. But when one side of the matter has multiple eyewitnesses that are not only consistent internally and with each other, but with the physical evidence and the other side of the issue has multiple eyewitness who change their own stories, contradict one another and do not line up with the physical evidence, the picture becomes clearer. And I have absolutely nothing other than the speculation of people who wanted a different outcome to suggest there were any problems with the credibility of the witnesses that led to Ofc. Brown not being indicted.

And you're arguing the merits of the grand jury's decision that I haven't questioned. My point is simply that many folks on both sides of this issue had their minds made up before the decision was announced and were going to instantly take issue with the decision.

This is true. But when one side of the matter has multiple eyewitnesses that are not only consistent internally and with each other, but with the physical evidence and the other side of the issue has multiple eyewitness who change their own stories, contradict one another and do not line up with the physical evidence, the picture becomes clearer. And I have absolutely nothing other than the speculation of people who wanted a different outcome to suggest there were any problems with the credibility of the witnesses that led to Ofc. Brown not being indicted.

And you're arguing the merits of the grand jury's decision that I haven't questioned. My point is simply that many folks on both sides of this issue had their minds made up before the decision was announced and were going to instantly take issue with the decision.

Yes, anything and everything that is negative is all about liberalism. If you are a right wing extremist nut job.

How many conservatives were there looting-burning-etc...? You are welcome.

Ok, well I agree with that. But it still wouldn't change the fact that only one side of that argument ended up having the facts and evidence to support their preconceived notions.

I don't know. Do you? How about the police? What is their ideology? Are you suggesting that the looting and arson was politically motivated? Does political ideology have much to do with this or, is it your intent to make it so?

Ok, well I agree with that. But it still wouldn't change the fact that only one side of that argument ended up having the facts and evidence to support their preconceived notions.

What if, there aren't just two sides? Is it possible that there are two sides of extremism and a third side that is more rational? Is it possible that there are many people who only wanted justice and never saw any political opportunity or statement to be made? Are you falling into the trap that must label everyone and sort them into the appropriate boxes?

I don't know. Do you? How about the police? What is their ideology? Are you suggesting that the looting and arson was politically motivated? Does political ideology have much to do with this or, is it your intent to make it so?

Yes, yes, and oh, by the way, yes. Again...you are welcome.

What if, there aren't just two sides? Is it possible that there are two sides of extremism and a third side that is more rational? Is it possible that there are many people who only wanted justice and never saw any political opportunity or statement to be made? Are you falling into the trap that must label everyone and sort them into the appropriate boxes?

It seems to me there were, in general, two sides. One that felt that the evidence pointed toward possible or likely wrongdoing by the officer that warranted at least a trial if not one with a guilty verdict. The other felt the evidence pointed toward the officer acting reasonably under the circumstances, the Brown was the clear aggressor and that the use of force was justified and no trail was needed. Within those categories, sure there are extremists. But those are the basic sides.

Can anyone explain the timing of the announcement?

the timing was obviously not thought out at all. This should have been announced at 4-5 am on the coldest day predicted in the next week or two. With no warning. People should just wake up and hear the news and play back the small press conference. There was too much build up and it was too early in the night.

the timing was obviously not thought out at all. This should have been announced at 4-5 am on the coldest day predicted in the next week or two. With no warning. People should just wake up and hear the news and play back the small press conference. There was too much build up and it was too early in the night.

Yep, timing was awful. It almost seemed as if it was done that way to give the protesters what they wanted...an opportunity to burn and loot til their hearts were content

I've heard several different theories and there is some merit to them, at least on the surface. One was they wanted to make sure the kids were out of there and at home. Another was they were hoping maybe the cold weather at night would keep people away. I don't mind the timing of the actual announcement. The problem was they let everyone know early in the day that the decision would be announced that evening. That just gave everyone the whole day to get their emotions going and bring it up to a boil.

Archived