General Update

AUEngineer2016

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everybody!!

I got to go home today!! It sure is nice being in a familiar bed rather than the hospital, as good of care as they were providing. Again, life hasn't been all perfect though; when they took my vitals at 3 AM, I was running a small fever (100.1 degrees), but the nurse on call didn't think that it was anything serious.

Anyway, this next part may be a little TMI, so if you're squeamish, I'd recommend skipping to the next paragraph. I had to change dressing on the incision today. I knew they made a big cut, but it didn't really hit me how big it actually was until I got a chance to see it for myself. It's about 6 inches long and goes around my left side, just around my butt. Currently, it's stapled shut, but those should come out in a couple weeks, though it does explain the shooting pain when i sit down.

So for now it's going to be all about PT and regaining mobility. I'm able to get around pretty well with crutches, though it's definitely going to take some practice.

Thanks again for all of the prayers y'all. I'll try and get another update out soon.

Archived