Muschamp's Defensive Staff

AEAugirl

That's an awesome idea. Just think if you were a 17 year old boy and Bo Jackson came to yours and your parents house and he was recruiting you for Auburn. HAVE MERCY!

A 17 year old would have to google his name.

I doubt it. I was just hanging out with some college kids from Vermont and they knew who Bo was. And were fans.

Btw, I hope we can all agree that Bo isn't coming to coach any position at Auburn.

That would be like a falcon teaching an ostrich to fly. However, the rb position is largely based on physicality and instinct. Real question is can BO recruit, and I think most 18 yr Olds would.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mentioned Dede not because he is Auburn Alum but because he just stepped down from his head coaching job to "Continue his career" in other places. I would love the idea of Lance Thompson on this staff. But I don't believe in coincidences.

Thompson and Muschamp are great friends from their days at LSU together. Going from coaching OLBs to all LBs is a promotion anyway. I think it's realistic.

I was wondering the same thing about Durkins. Look we all know that Muschamp will not be here more than a few years tops. Would it be an ideal situation for someone like Durkins to come in for a couple of years and promote from within when a DC position opens at Auburn? Okay, I'm probably just being ridiculous but these are the kinds of thoughts I have in my head ^-^ That said, it'd would be awesome all around if we got Durkins here.

I mentioned Dede not because he is Auburn Alum but because he just stepped down from his head coaching job to "Continue his career" in other places. I would love the idea of Lance Thompson on this staff. But I don't believe in coincidences.

Thompson and Muschamp are great friends from their days at LSU together. Going from coaching OLBs to all LBs is a promotion anyway. I think it's realistic.

That would be great to have on this staff

If the cards fall right this could be a blue print for other teams going forward. Spending the dough to assemble an all-star coaching staff. I see it as similar to the Miami Heat a few years ago saying enough is enough and loading up on players.

I was just about to ask was it reasonable to think Durkin would take a position spot if Muschamp reached out. I also read where North Carolina has offered him their DC job..

Depends on what he wants. North Carolina isn't going to be competitive in football. He might be willing to come here. If A&M offered I bet he would go. Even if he were to come here, he might want to go with WM to his next gig rather than be DC here. Only he knows.

It has been mentioned about Dede, and he is in play. Efforts are out there to bring rocker back, t-rob will be here. Can't say whom else right now, my source says it's still sketchy, but believe u me, ALL will jump for joy! Gus and muschamp mean business if this comes to fruition.

LoL

I will be laughing when it's all said and done. My source hasn't been wrong yet, he told me muschamp was coming to AU two days after cej was let go. I'm not gonna doubt him now

^^ Not saying he's coming but it was talked about.WDE

I understand. Even the fact that it's being talked about is odd, to me anyway. Lots of talk. I am curious as to who what positions are going to be changed.

Has anyone claimed Bill Clark for their coaching staff? He would be a great addition to the staff. Not sure how much it would take to hire him. This would be a nice addition to the staff. Another DC out of a job that could help would be Gregg Mattison, from Michigan. He was Hoke's DC for the past few years. I like the idea of hiring as much experience as we can get.

The SEC is only going to get tougher defensively, and we need to have the best D staff in the SEC and all of college football.

Anybody think staff members will be named before ALL the bowl games are played out?

AU got the Prize..... I, for one, believe that the "position" coaches will at least finish out their Bowl Games before announcements are made.

Anybody think staff members will be named before ALL the bowl games are played out?

AU got the Prize..... I, for one, believe that the "position" coaches will at least finish out their Bowl Games before announcements are made.

Yes this is true

Archived