Muschamp's Defensive Staff

AEAugirl

Alright Harbison caused the problems, Smith can't coach, sorry about that

Any comments of his corners at miss st? Consecutive years of luck?

Do you have any comments on Garner's linemen at Georgia or Johnson's defenses at South Carolina or Harbison's guys at Clemson? We're talking about NOW

I can name essentially our entire secondary in 2010 and 2011, but if you meant currently, Ruffin, Moncrief, Therezie, Alexander, Frazier, were names that were supposedly very talented figures and have been mismanaged or have regressed to this point. And I don't know what happened to Kiehl (a guy who got offered to play safety at other D1 programs)

Well from this list you named a bunch of first year players that you're going off what you "heard" then your mixing up safeties with corners and stars which I'm pretty sure Smith is the corner coach. So I guess i don't see how you can say first year guess regressed and how you can blame Smith for safeties and star backers. Do you blame him for the d line as well? By this post and your other you seem to have Smith and coach cheese mixed up, maybe you should get more informed first

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have any comments on Garner's linemen at Georgia or Johnson's defenses at South Carolina or Harbison's guys at Clemson? We're talking about NOW

I can name essentially our entire secondary in 2010 and 2011, but if you meant currently, Ruffin, Moncrief, Therezie, Alexander, Frazier, were names that were supposedly very talented figures and have been mismanaged or have regressed to this point. And I don't know what happened to Kiehl (a guy who got offered to play safety at other D1 programs)

Well from this list you named a bunch of first year players that you're going off what you "heard" then your mixing up safeties with corners and stars which I'm pretty sure Smith is the corner coach. So I guess i don't see how you can say first year guess regressed and how you can blame Smith for safeties and star backers. Do you blame him for the d line as well? By this post and your other you seem to have Smith and coach cheese mixed up, maybe you should get more informed first

The entire secondary is bad, it'd be worthless to just say, Mincy or someone that has been bad before. You said previously talented players, and those are the players I listed.

Guest jojo1515

Here's an idea. Quit the whiny back and forth ruining of this thread and take it to pms if you absolutely must keep yelling at each other over something neither of you have any control over...

Back on topic.....has anybody actually heard speculation of actual possible LB coaches or just the names we are hoping to hear? This IMO will be WMs key hire as Garner could do great in the 4-3 if allowed and WM will likely have TRob to help him coach the secondary.

What about James Willis? I know things went south when he went to the dark side but he was with Muschamp back in 2006 so he knows his coaching style. I'd love to see Spikes and the motivational speaker and co-butt kicker with muschamp.

Back on topic.....has anybody actually heard speculation of actual possible LB coaches or just the names we are hoping to hear? This IMO will be WMs key hire as Garner could do great in the 4-3 if allowed and WM will likely have TRob to help him coach the secondary.

jojo, couldn't agree more about Garner in the new defense but I thought CWM runs a 3-4, but i may be wrong. I don't think these coaches forgot how to coach in 2 years. I do however think the 4-2-5 defense didn't go with what any of the other coaches had ever coached before. Getting them back into a comfort zone is just as important to them as it is to the players, IMO.

The entire secondary is bad, it'd be worthless to just say, Mincy or someone that has been bad before. You said previously talented players, and those are the players I listed.

Well you should see the point.....But I doubt you do

Here's an idea. Quit the whiny back and forth ruining of this thread and take it to pms if you absolutely must keep yelling at each other over something neither of you have any control over...

Guess you feel like you the only person that can disagreewith somebody and it not be whiny...keep it up they will make you a mod one day

I don't care if Harbison and Smith stay. I just want the Db's to turn and look for the ball. maybe if TRob joins the staff Harbison can move to LB's or recruiting coordinator.

Guest jojo1515
Guess you feel like you the only person that can disagreewith somebody and it not be whiny...keep it up they will make you a mod one day

Nah, just watching you 2 argue over nothing helped me realize how childish it looks when I do the same thing. Thanks for the enlightenment. :)

I don't care if Harbison and Smith stay. I just want the Db's to turn and look for the ball. maybe if TRob joins the staff Harbison can move to LB's or recruiting coordinator.

THIS specifically will not happen. That was the chief complaint about WM when he was at AU. The DBs will not be looking back for the ball.

THIS specifically will not happen. That was the chief complaint about WM when he was at AU. The DBs will not be looking back for the ball.

DB's could look at Twitter for all I care if we have a top 25 defense.

I am so glad we ended up with WM and not A&M. I could have handled SC getting him, but I was told by several Aggies no way he passes up A&M. Also said they would just get the checkbook and outbid us.

DB's could look at Twitter for all I care if we have a top 25 defense.

Bravo!!!

funny I don't remember that being a problem.

it was a big problem

Nah, just watching you 2 argue over nothing helped me realize how childish it looks when I do the same thing. Thanks for the enlightenment. :)/>

Very well said Sir !!! Add me to that list of enlightenment.

I don't know that it was a problem, but it was a huge gripe among our fans. Of course, every DB coach worth anything has his players watch the receiver, not the ball. But...what do coaches know when compared to message board posters?

I don't know that it was a problem, but it was a huge gripe among our fans. Of course, every DB coach worth anything has his players watch the receiver, not the ball. But...what do coaches know when compared to message board posters?

Shouldn't they read the receiver then turn to play the ball?

Shouldn't they read the receiver then turn to play the ball?

I have no clue. I'm just repeating what I've heard every coach from Saban to the local jr. varsity coach say.

If Garner does indeed move to TE coach, then I would love for our staff to look like this

D-Coordinator - Muschamp

DL - Tracy Rocker or Brad Lawing

LB - Randy Shannon

DB - Travaris Robinson

What is the likelihood of these coaches joining our defensive staff? How much would this staff cost?

It is just money. Spend what it takes to have the best staff in the country. Put a winner on the field, and the red ink will soon turn to a very dark & deep black ink rolling in $$$$$$$

Archived