Muschamp's Defensive Staff

AEAugirl

Put Harbison at recruiting coordinator or something of that nature. If T-Rob is coming, let him come! I do like Melvin Smith a lot and think that he should stay, just don't know where he'd be moved to.

I can't see any reason for that. If he's not going to be on the field then let him walk. His recruiting isn't so fantastic that we have to keep him around in that capacity.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always see people mentioning that so-and-so should be moved to recruiting coordinator. Little help here -- Does the recruiting coordinator actually go out and recruit? Or is he just kind of in charge of AU's recruiting board and carrying out recruiting related office duties and whatnot? I was under the impression only on-field assistants can recruit prospects.

recruiting in home and away from campus is for coaches only. Coordinator can interact on campus.

I always see people mentioning that so-and-so should be moved to recruiting coordinator. Little help here -- Does the recruiting coordinator actually go out and recruit? Or is he just kind of in charge of AU's recruiting board and carrying out recruiting related office duties and whatnot? I was under the impression only on-field assistants can recruit prospects.

recruiting in home and away from campus is for coaches only. Coordinator can interact on campus.

Isn't Rodney Garner our 'cruitin' coorinator?

Garner needs to move to TE or an off the field position. He's deadweight when it comes to coaching right now.

clueless post

Garner needs to move to TE or an off the field position. He's deadweight when it comes to coaching right now.

clueless post

:pcprobs:

clueless post

You may think this was a "clueless post" but the facts are the DL on the field preformance was underwelming this year and DL recruiting has thus far been less than what we should expect.

CRG needs to go!

Isn't Rodney Garner our 'cruitin' coorinator?

Yes. We also have Bret Whiteside as director of recruiting operations.

clueless post

You may think this was a "clueless post" but the facts are the DL on the field preformance was underwelming this year and DL recruiting has thus far been less than what we should expect.

CRG needs to go!

I hope this is sarcasm.

clueless post

CRG needs to go!

Take a little time and look at the names Garner has to his credit. Garner would have looked a whole lot better if Lawson was not hurt, or the scheme was effective.

clueless post

CRG needs to go!

Not many DL coaches would look great when your two best pass rushers don't return and you have to put DTs at the DE position. Tracy Rocker probably wouldn't have done much better.

I don't blame CRG for the DL play. We had no pass rusher plan and simple. Can't pull those out of thin air. But it's a valid point our DL recruiting looks pretty awful right now. That's on CRG IMO.

I don't blame CRG for the DL play. We had no pass rusher plan and simple. Can't pull those out of thin air. But it's a valid point our DL recruiting looks pretty awful right now. That's on CRG IMO.

Hard to know for sure if it is him or that they don't like the 4-2-5 defense.

Our defensive line recruiting for the last two years has been really, really good: Lawson (5* DE), Adams (5* DT), Daniel (4* DE/DT), Thornton (4* DE), Bradley (4* DT), Lambert (4* DE), Russell (4* DT), Williams (4* DE), Kennion (3* DE), Lawrence (2* DT).

Now, we have Swain (3* DT) and Johnson (3* DT) committed, and we're sitting in mid-December with our top prospects (Cowart, Beckner, Jefferson, and Payne) all in play. Hard to see how our DL recruiting has been disappointing in any way, shape, or form over since Rodney came home.

I'm going to side with bird on this one. Completely clueless.

I don't think the DL play would change much for a 4-3 vs a 4-2-5. But maybe so, it does seem that a lot of the elite pass rushers are looking for at least a chance to standup occasionally.

I don't think the DL play would change much for a 4-3 vs a 4-2-5. But maybe so, it does seem that a lot of the elite pass rushers are looking for at least a chance to standup occasionally.

It will change a bit. All 4 down lineman systems don't line up the same.

It will change a bit. All 4 down lineman systems don't line up the same.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the 4-2-5 is based a lot more for the DL to control gaps and allow your LB & Star Back to pursue up field to make the tackles. Where as the 4-3 is predicated more around DL penetration and disrupting the backfield.

Rodney Garner is a PROVEN superstar recruiter. I am as disappointed as anyone by the results SO FAR, but I have faith that we will see a more consistent recruitment pattern with Muschamp at the helm.

Rodney Garner is a PROVEN superstar recruiter. I am as disappointed as anyone by the results SO FAR, but I have faith that we will see a more consistent recruitment pattern with Muschamp at the helm.

You are correct he is a Proven superstar recruiter and he has done that Auburn over last 2 years. In both years he brought in people at the end to have stellar classes so why should this year be different.

How do I say this so it is not a rumor but a fact. Dawg fans are very nervous they feel that Rocker will be returning to Auburn. I have seen this on various Dawg sites. They feel that they underpay assistants.

As long as Muschamp builds his system around the players and not force a system on players Auburn defense will be successful. In my mind that has been the biggest problem over the last decade on Auburn defense.

Lead paint is not for eating...

Archived