Muschamp's Defensive Staff

AEAugirl

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care if Harbison and Smith stay. I just want the Db's to turn and look for the ball. maybe if TRob joins the staff Harbison can move to LB's or recruiting coordinator.

THIS specifically will not happen. That was the chief complaint about WM when he was at AU. The DBs will not be looking back for the ball.

funny I don't remember that being a problem.

I don't know that it was a problem, but it was a huge gripe among our fans. Of course, every DB coach worth anything has his players watch the receiver, not the ball. But...what do coaches know when compared to message board posters?

Whatever Muschamp taught, it worked. That 2007 secondary was one of the best I've ever seen.

Guess you feel like you the only person that can disagreewith somebody and it not be whiny...keep it up they will make you a mod one day

Nah, just watching you 2 argue over nothing helped me realize how childish it looks when I do the same thing. Thanks for the enlightenment. :)/>

Good, I expect you to stop now

The gripe was the DBs never turned for the ball once the WR made a move for it (eyes widen, arms go up, etc...and it was THE main complaint ala end of the LSU game in 2007) whether justified or not.

I don't care if Harbison and Smith stay. I just want the Db's to turn and look for the ball. maybe if TRob joins the staff Harbison can move to LB's or recruiting coordinator.

THIS specifically will not happen. That was the chief complaint about WM when he was at AU. The DBs will not be looking back for the ball.

funny I don't remember that being a problem.

it was a big problem

Doesn't seem to be a problem for the present will muschamp defenses. His db's are really good at locating the ball. See V Hargreaves for results

DL Rocker

LB Kevin Greene..does have super bowl ring coaching the packers

DB Robinson

Sigh. Why does everyone keep bringing up Greene? There is a reason he got out of coaching and that same reason is why he's not getting back in anytime soon.

DL Rocker

DB Robinson

Sigh. Why does everyone keep bringing up Greene? There is a reason he got out of coaching and that same reason is why he's not getting back in anytime soon.

Because former Auburn players are the only ones who can coach at Auburn. At least according to people on this board.

I'll try this again what about James Willis? I know he went over to the bad guys way back but he did work with Muschamp at Auburn. Also if Bill Clark hasn't been snapped up already I wonder if he'd have interest in being under Muschamp in whatever specialty he's good at.

I'll try this again what about James Willis? I know he went over to the bad guys way back but he did work with Muschamp at Auburn. Also if Bill Clark hasn't been snapped up already I wonder if he'd have interest in being under Muschamp in whatever specialty he's good at.

Willis has acquired a lot of baggage since he jumped ship.

DL Rocker

DB Robinson

I thought he got out of coaching because he was tired of living up north and wanted to come back home to Alabama.

DL Rocker

DB Robinson

I thought he got out of coaching because he was tired of living up north and wanted to come back home to Alabama.

Nope, he stepped away to be there with his kids. After they get in college, he might get back into it. He lives in Florida now.

And hell no to bill clark, he burnt bridges while coaching at prattville high.

Did he help the bammers? Good thing is he'd be another Great recruiter in the fertile lands of Mobile. No worries we wodnt get em, he's to good to be a position coach.

Turning for the ball without keeping eye on receiver slows Db down a bit....in phase with receiver results in more broken up passes...

Yes, but it's better to do that than not keep an eye on them and let them go wide open down the field. (like what happened so many times on EJ).... like how do you not double cover Cooper?? I'll never understand that.

I know this won't be popular, but I am not all about making our whole coaching staff former AU players. I have

No problem with using former AU players like Garner, and Craig, but trying to push AU guys into every coaching position is a bit much. I want the very best guys that can recruit and coach....this does include people like Coach Craig and T Rob.

I know this won't be popular, but I am not all about making our whole coaching staff former AU players. I have

No problem with using former AU players like Garner, and Craig, but trying to push AU guys into every coaching position is a bit much. I want the very best guys that can recruit and coach....this does include people like Coach Craig and T Rob.

When you think about the fact that these former players and coaches are who most AU fans are most familiar with it makes sense. Most, including myself, don't pay attention to other teams near as much, and therefore don't know who would make a great coach for us.

Otis almost laughable to think we replace JB at OL coach Garner is staying also.

23 good morning. Do you have any thoughts on T Rob? Also just wondering if there are thoughts on our chances now with Jefferson, Cowart, Ivey and Holland. Thx

I am really glad Muschamp didn't announce his staff during the press conference. I was wondering what we would all obsess over for the next week. Now I have something to look forward too.

When you think about the fact that these former players and coaches are who most AU fans are most familiar with it makes sense. Most, including myself, don't pay attention to other teams near as much, and therefore don't know who would make a great coach for us.

That is why we have Gus and Wil. They do know who the best ones are and who fits best. I can halfway understand the ones that are in coaching somewhere. The suggestions to hire Takeo Spikes are ridiculous since he has zero coaching experience at any level.

Archived