Muschamp's Defensive Staff

AEAugirl

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PM reporting that there is mutual interest in Randy Shannon coming aboard as LB coach. Florida may also be going after him.

now that would be another home run hire. He could take over when boom gets his next hc gig. Do it.

Is Patrick Nix ever around the program? Not that it matters but I wonder if there is still bad blood there between him and Shannon.

I don't think he is. Besides he has no input into this anyway.

Lance Thompson would be a HUGE hire if it happened, but I don't foresee that happening. (I think some people are just calling out big names and throwing them out there.). I would LOVE to have Thompson on staff.

PM reporting that there is mutual interest in Randy Shannon coming aboard as LB coach. Florida may also be going after him.

now that would be another home run hire. He could take over when boom gets his next hc gig. Do it.

Man, this would be HUGE!!

I think CWM will be at Auburn no less than 3 years; maybe much more. There are just not too many universities that pay more than $2 million for their HC. However, if the news is true about Randy Shannon coming aboard, is a very major gain for Muchamp's staff.

Just heard that Geoff Collins, the DC at Mississippi State has been hired as the new DC at Florida. This will certainly have an effect on who will stay or leave UF.

I think CWM will be at Auburn no less than 3 years; maybe much more. There are just not too many universities that pay more than $2 million for their HC. However, if the news is true about Randy Shannon coming aboard, is a very major gain for Muchamp's staff.

Well true on the money but you can bet there will be some big time jobs coming open and, at the least, some of them will want to talk to him. That depends on him doing what we are all thinking he will for our defense. I'd love to have him here for 10 years. Regardless of how long he does stay, I would like to see that there is someone on the staff that Gus would have full faith in stepping into that role when WM does leave. It would be so much better if that is the case.

Archived