Muschamp's Defensive Staff

AEAugirl

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as Muschamp builds his system around the players and not force a system on players Auburn defense will be successful. In my mind that has been the biggest problem over the last decade on Auburn defense.

BINGO!!! The man just nailed it. If Boom is half the coach Gus is, he will run a defense that we can execute. Period. Then he can recruit to his preference.

As long as Muschamp builds his system around the players and not force a system on players Auburn defense will be successful. In my mind that has been the biggest problem over the last decade on Auburn defense.

BINGO!!! The man just nailed it. If Boom is half the coach Gus is, he will run a defense that we can execute. Period. Then he can recruit to his preference.

That's it^^

The only thing I saw garner do so far in recruiting is bring Adams

The fact that you say that, means you don't know whats going on in the program. This is not meant as a slam. You just dont know.

Well explain, I wasn't talking about what's going on in the program though but when I do get info i get it from three players, two pretty well known the other was a personal fave to Jay Jacobs. Two of those played for coach muschamp and talk to quite a bit from what I understand so I expect I'll be one of the few that REALLY knows once the ball gets rolling :)

Let's break this down and build it back up the right way. Why not give CWM carte blanch and let him hand pick his staff plain and simple. CRG would be a solid TE coach and recruiting coordinator. This was, CWM can go out and hire the best staff that money can buy.

I trust CWM to bring in the crew that will give his defense the best chance of being one of, if not the best in all of college football. This is a simple solution that would work fine. Give CWM the $$$ available needed to bring in who he sees will give the best bang for the buck.

We will do this, we will quickly become an elite team that plays for championships that does not have any concerns with saban and his fiefdom. We should be well on the way with making bammer nothing more than a skid mark on the way to playing for SEC and national championships.

The fact that you say that, means you don't know whats going on in the program. This is not meant as a slam. You just dont know.

Well explain, I wasn't talking about what's going on in the program though but when I do get info i get it from three players, two pretty well known the other was a personal fave to Jay Jacobs. Two of those played for coach muschamp and talk to quite a bit from what I understand so I expect I'll be one of the few that REALLY knows once the ball gets rolling :)

I listening to the AU bb game right now, Ill get back to you.

Why do we shoot so many 3's?

Garner needs to move to TE or an off the field position. He's deadweight when it comes to coaching right now.

This is strange..... Dye hard all the way calls one of Dye's recruits and defensive players deadweight.

Did Mikey seriously call Arkansas to Auburn a lateral move LOL?

Yes I did. When a coach goes from LB coach at one SEC school to LB coach at another SEC school, it's a lateral move. Seems like you would have known that.

Why do we shoot so many 3's?

To make up for all the 1s we miss. :-\

Daniel doesn't impress you? What about the two 4* guys redshirted this year, Russell and Williams? Either you are being silly on purpose or you're into your fourth Jack&Coke.

Daniel doesn't impress you? What about the two 4* guys redshirted this year, Russell and Williams? Either you are being silly on purpose or you're into your fourth Jack&Coke.

Ha! Lightweight!

No Daniels didn't impress me and if he did you while you aren't impressed with frost and Cass I'd say you may be completely insane. And maybe Russell and Williams will impress, I don't know since they haven't freaking played so they shouldn't have impressed anybody. But the d line as a whole? Not impressed at all. Uga's d lines? I was never really impressed. Now rocker's d line? And I'm not even talking about Nick's sacks but players like Clayton and blanc and Coleman? That was impressive. Nobody ran on us and we hardly ever had to use anything besides a 4 man line

Yes I did. When a coach goes from LB coach at one SEC school to LB coach at another SEC school, it's a lateral move. Seems like you would have known that.

How is it a lateral move? We are the better program with more resources. We can pay him more. We win more and therefore gain more exposure. If you really want to get technical, with Muchamp being a short-term hire we also present the potential opportunity for Shannon to be promoted to DC in the relative short-term future.

Not every program in the SEC is on equal ground. Geoff Collins just went from DC at MSU to DC at Florida, and in that scenario MSU has actually been the more successful program in the past few years. Arkansas has won 4, 3 and, 6 games the past three seasons.

Garner needs to move to TE or an off the field position. He's deadweight when it comes to coaching right now.

This is strange..... Dye hard all the way calls one of Dye's recruits and defensive players deadweight.

Great player....yes. But the product on the field the last two seasons given the talent that he recruits to his position, has been less than satisfactory. There's reason why Georgia fans weren't upset when he left.

My 2 cents on Garner....

I'm not sure I have an opinion on him either way, but I'll tell you this. I live 20 min from Athens. 99% of the people around here are UGA fans. I listen to sports talk radio daily in ATL and feel like I have a pretty good handle on the pulse of UGA fandom. This I KNOW. UGA fans were not upset when Garner left for AU. In fact, it was exactly the opposite. Many were glad to see him go. They felt like his recruiting had dropped off. But mainly, they were upset about all the 4 and 5 star players he would bring in that would underperform while at UGA, then get drafted and have lots of success in the NFL. They felt like he didn't get the most out of the players he brought in. They weren't in the least sad to see him go.

As for me, I'm not sure I want to shove him out the door just yet. I think he's still a very good recruiter. In just giving you the UGA perspective on him.

My 2 cents on Garner....

I'm not sure I have an opinion on him either way, but I'll tell you this. I live 20 min from Athens. 99% of the people around here are UGA fans. I listen to sports talk radio daily in ATL and feel like I have a pretty good handle on the pulse of UGA fandom. This I KNOW. UGA fans were not upset when Garner left for AU. In fact, it was exactly the opposite. Many were glad to see him go. They felt like his recruiting had dropped off. But mainly, they were upset about all the 4 and 5 star players he would bring in that would underperform while at UGA, then get drafted and have lots of success in the NFL. They felt like he didn't get the most out of the players he brought in. They weren't in the least sad to see him go.

As for me, I'm not sure I want to shove him out the door just yet. I think he's still a very good recruiter. In just giving you the UGA perspective on him.

Agree. He is a good recruiter but i prefer a change in Dline coach. Keep RG in recruiting position though

Let's break this down and build it back up the right way. Why not give CWM carte blanch and let him hand pick his staff plain and simple. CRG would be a solid TE coach and recruiting coordinator. This was, CWM can go out and hire the best staff that money can buy.

I trust CWM to bring in the crew that will give his defense the best chance of being one of, if not the best in all of college football. This is a simple solution that would work fine. Give CWM the $$$ available needed to bring in who he sees will give the best bang for the buck.

We will do this, we will quickly become an elite team that plays for championships that does not have any concerns with saban and his fiefdom. We should be well on the way with making bammer nothing more than a skid mark on the way to playing for SEC and national championships.

Agree. The Coordinator deserves to have the staff they feel will make them successful, as long as the head coach approves. In this case, I feel that Gus most likely has given Will the ability to run the defense.

No Daniels didn't impress me and if he did you while you aren't impressed with frost and Cass I'd say you may be completely insane. And maybe Russell and Williams will impress, I don't know since they haven't freaking played so they shouldn't have impressed anybody. But the d line as a whole? Not impressed at all. Uga's d lines? I was never really impressed. Now rocker's d line? And I'm not even talking about Nick's sacks but players like Clayton and blanc and Coleman? That was impressive. Nobody ran on us and we hardly ever had to use anything besides a 4 man line

I was thinking of recruiting. Russell, Williams and Daniel were some highly sought prospects that Garner brought in here. About Garner's D-line coaching, I'll agree he hasn't done much here or at UGA either. I was called out once already by someone pointing out all the NFL guys Garner coached at UGA. All that shows is that UGA gets talent. When players do better in the NFL than they do in college, one has to wonder about the college coaching.

Why do people assume Will Muschamp wants to replace Garner? Lot of people saying "move Rodney and give Will complete control" (which I find insane because that would never happen at Alabama on either side of the ball, it never happened under Tuberville on either side of the ball, I never recall Spurrier giving a coordinator the chance to dictate his staff... it's crazy to me but whatever). Have you guys seen Will state that he wants a new DL coach? Garner is one of the more respected guys in the business. Maybe Will actually wants him on the staff. Until I see or hear differently, I assume Rodney is not only staying in his current spot but also wanted in his current spot.

Why do people assume Will Muschamp wants to replace Garner? Lot of people saying "move Rodney and give Will complete control" (which I find insane because that would never happen at Alabama on either side of the ball, it never happened under Tuberville on either side of the ball, I never recall Spurrier giving a coordinator the chance to dictate his staff... it's crazy to me but whatever). Have you guys seen Will state that he wants a new DL coach? Garner is one of the more respected guys in the business. Maybe Will actually wants him on the staff. Until I see or hear differently, I assume Rodney is not only staying in his current spot but also wanted in his current spot.

I think it has to do with his history of bringing in great talent but then having them underperform while in college. Maybe it is just the fact that he wants to have someone he's more comfortable with. There are reports that Auburn is talking to Rocker. I think they would have grabbed Rocker last time but he was in the NFL hoping to make his name there and didn't want to leave so soon. I don't know who wants to do what. We shall see.

For the record, I'm the guy that completely disagrees with the "underperformance" thing. UGA's defensive lines were consistently the best part of the UGA defense over the last decade. There are a laundry list of dudes that wore our butts out on that defensive front, and Garner had a LOT to do with that. It's just not accurate to pretend like guys only started playing well in the NFL. In fact, for a lot of them, it's the opposite (best example: David Pollack). Garner has proven himself a capable recruiter and position coach. You can win with Rodney Garner coaching your DL.

I think Tracy Rocker is the best defensive line coach in America, on any level. I really do. He's incredible. I have no problem pursuing him (although I suspect it's a fruitless effort), but my point is: Will Muschamp has never said he wants to make a change. Gus Malzahn has never said he wants to make a change. Until you hear from those guys, you should assume we want Rodney Garner coaching the defensive line.

Archived