What's the consensus feeling on if Duke is leaving?

TigerfanKM

Usually guys who are projected in the first round leave. But he could definitely raise his stock by coming back. Or lower it by getting seriously injured. I hope he stays but I don't blame a guy for leaving.

He could get an insurance policy through AU. That being said......I think he is gone.

I don't know that he gets the same opportunity without Sammie on the other side to draw coverage unless somebody steps up big to fill in for Sammie. I say 30% Chance he stays.

Of the two I only had a slimmer of hope for Coates staying...so in saying that..no chance Duke stays. He's a 1 year JuCo xfer. His career has been about making the right move to increase his chances of getting into the NFL. He secured that option this year at Auburn. He gone.

Unfortunately for us AU fans, $$$ is the driving motivator (as it SHOULD be for a college student).

With that said, let's focus on the "other" AU receivers.

LOVE Duke, but I suspect that he's a Rudi.... 1 and done...

I can't lie, it looked awkward as hell on the ESPN ticker when it said "Auburn's WR Sammie Coates declares for draft. He had 700+ yards, and 4 TDs".

Four is generally a number early entry guys get by game #6.

But if you are projected 1st or 2nd round...well, you gotta go!

LOVE Sammie!!

But MANY drops..... plus..... knee injury..... equals (=) SMART decision to go Draft.

Can't blame him.

Again, LOVE Sammie, but I'm an AU guy...not an NFL guy....so "NEXT"!!!

I thought Duke and Sammie would tell the press together. But since Sammie was alone, that got me to thinking that maybe Duke will stay for his senior year.

I think it's 51-49...and I'm about 60-40 on whether that's right or not.... :-)

See ya..glad I knew ya….Can't fault him..after getting hurt, you knew he was a goner…(but would like to have him back, but will open an opportunity for someone else)

Archived