Obama has now outperformed Reagan on jobs, growth and investing

RunInRed

It's telling how those who hate Obama on this Forum have diverted an economic discussion to ... race. When you can't beat 'em, play the race card, I guess ... sigh.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's like every convo keeps going to Sharpton like he's an elected official of black people and all of us feel the way he feel. I just wonder how different it would be if Dr. King or Malcolm X were alive.

It's like every convo keeps going to Sharpton like he's an elected official of black people and all of us feel the way he feel. I just wonder how different it would be if Dr. King or Malcolm X were alive.

Asking that tells me you knew of neither. Dr King would never have used such inflammatory rhetoric as Sharpton. It's a joke to even mention the two in the same sentence. Malcolm X was more firey, but apparently expressing a softer attitude is what got him killed. I'm almost certain that Louis Farrakhan ether had him killed or took part in it himself.

But unlike the other two, Sharpton is a frequent,and welcomed guest in the White House.

Oh ok you're just going to state it as if it was a fact....got you. I don't agree. His influence was much greater 4 or 5 years ago. While social media connects you to people all over the world.....And once again I am the demographic in question but I guess you'd know about the younger black generation than me

Any President, this one more than any other, has the power of govt in his hands. THAT is why Obama is bigger than social media. He DRIVES policy.

and it's " than I ", not " than me " , FYI.

Oh ok you're just going to state it as if it was a fact....got you. I don't agree. His influence was much greater 4 or 5 years ago. While social media connects you to people all over the world.....And once again I am the demographic in question but I guess you'd know about the younger black generation than me

Any President, this one more than any other, has the power of govt in his hands. THAT is why Obama is bigger than social media. He DRIVES policy.

and it's " than I ", not " than me " , FYI.

Link to an example.

Asking that tells me you knew of neither. Dr King would never have used such inflammatory rhetoric as Sharpton. It's a joke to even mention the two in the same sentence. Malcolm X was more firey, but apparently expressing a softer attitude is what got him killed. I'm almost certain that Louis Farrakhan ether had him killed or took part in it himself.

But unlike the other two, Sharpton is a frequent,and welcomed guest in the White House.

What has Sharpton said? Link?

I'm dismissing the President, and HIS idiotic comments. We had social media under Bush too, but no where near the racial divide.

I have no idea who Cole is,and it doesn't really matter. I'm speaking to the facts, regardless of who chimes in.

You think suicidal media was anywhere close when Bush was in office than now. Come on man you have to be smarter than that. You think Obama's influence in the black community? You think uneducated black youths are sitting around and watching CNN and debates on Fox news? Get real man. Obama hasn't said anything that made black people divide. Major divide came when he ran for office and you saw how many was against him for the fact he was black

I love it when I'm told what I saw, and I have to forget my own experiences for the sake of playing nice.

Oh, the hell i do ! I saw the same tiny fraction of idiots who are always out there, but that had ZERO to do with the vast #'s of folks who truly were against Obama SPECIFICALLY for reasons that had nothing to do w/ his skin color.

I know, it's a convent crutch for some to lean on, how America is full of racists, but the fact of the matter is, if there were 1/10th the number of racists out there, Obama would never have been elected.

The facts simply do NOT support your position that any and all opposition to Obama was and is due to race. It simply isn't.

I'm dismissing the President, and HIS idiotic comments. We had social media under Bush too, but no where near the racial divide.

I have no idea who Cole is,and it doesn't really matter. I'm speaking to the facts, regardless of who chimes in.

You think suicidal media was anywhere close when Bush was in office than now. Come on man you have to be smarter than that. You think Obama's influence in the black community? You think uneducated black youths are sitting around and watching CNN and debates on Fox news? Get real man. Obama hasn't said anything that made black people divide. Major divide came when he ran for office and you saw how many was against him for the fact he was black

I love it when I'm told what I saw, and I have to forget my own experiences for the sake of playing nice.

Oh, the hell i do ! I saw the same tiny fraction of idiots who are always out there, but that had ZERO to do with the vast #'s of folks who truly were against Obama SPECIFICALLY for reasons that had nothing to do w/ his skin color.

I know, it's a convent crutch for some to lean on, how America is full of racists, but the fact of the matter is, if there were 1/10th the number of racists out there, Obama would never have been elected.

The facts simply do NOT support your position that any and all opposition to Obama was and is due to race. It simply isn't.

You're denial is soooo deep.

TexasTiger - sorry, you're calling me an ass, and then expecting me to converse nicely ?

Try again.

TexasTiger - sorry, you're calling me an ass, and then expecting me to converse nicely ?

Try again.

I've long since given up on you conversing nicely. And I didn't call you anything-- just said you couldn't help it.

Employment%20to%20population%20ratio_1.jpg

Total-Full-Time-Part-Time-US-Jobs-2007-2013.png

Good enough? If you look at actual numbers, not micro-trends or statistics that are easily manipulated, the reality is: we are down dramatically since 2007-2008 in total numbers of workers.

In actual numbers we have Millions still unemployed and just giving up trying to find a job anymore.

Unemployment percentage is a factor of those STILL LOOKING for employment and does not look at those that have given up looking for work.

http://thehill.com/p...-with-obamacare

http://www.washingto...of-health-care/

Schumer was right. Concentrating on the ACA instead of jobs for those hit hardest by the recession was the wrong thing to do and why the American voters left the Democrats in 2014.

Also to why are so many of you trying to justify every situation of the black guys being killed as ok in some manner. I didn't see one person check the personal background of an officer. I did read somebody assume and tell me that they didn't have a record. Nobody questioned should the cops have been where they were or why they was there. It's straight to look at the children missing their father....which is tragic but you honestly don't see how the media portray the difference? I just read an article with the kid that shot up the Colorado movie theatre and the main title is he's not a monster he's a good kid.....

Most cops do get thorough back ground checks. Wilson, for example, had never pulled his gun in the field before. As far as Brown is concerned, we know that just minutes before assaulting officer Wilson, he robbed a store and shoved a store clerk, so at least as far as his mindset was at that time, he was in an aggressive state. What set him off ? Was that really the nature of this guy , more times than not ? Was ' gentle giant' a running joke ? Like calling a fat guy 'tiny' ? He seemed to be anything but gentle on that one Saturday.

Most moms , save for a very few, will say their boy was since a nice young man, and would never do the things he's accused of doing. Even when they're on video, actually doing those things.

Another post you completely misunderstood and took out of context, because you're in a combative mode since I guess i don't share some of your point of views. I know exactly who Dr. King and Malcolm X were which is why I mentioned then it'd would be great to have black leaders especially not to be affiliated with Sharpton since you all like to bring him up for absolutely no reason when you want to deflect a point

Also to why are so many of you trying to justify every situation of the black guys being killed as ok in some manner. I didn't see one person check the personal background of an officer. I did read somebody assume and tell me that they didn't have a record. Nobody questioned should the cops have been where they were or why they was there. It's straight to look at the children missing their father....which is tragic but you honestly don't see how the media portray the difference? I just read an article with the kid that shot up the Colorado movie theatre and the main title is he's not a monster he's a good kid.....

Most cops do get thorough back ground checks. Wilson, for example, had never pulled his gun in the field before. As far as Brown is concerned, we know that just minutes before assaulting officer Wilson, he robbed a store and shoved a store clerk, so at least as far as his mindset was at that time, he was in an aggressive state. What set him off ? Was that really the nature of this guy , more times than not ? Was ' gentle giant' a running joke ? Like calling a fat guy 'tiny' ? He seemed to be anything but gentle on that one Saturday.

Most moms , save for a very few, will say their boy was since a nice young man, and would never do the things he's accused of doing. Even when they're on video, actually doing those things.

Since I've been speaking today I have said I'm not speaking on Brown but that's all you guys want to speak on, my convo has been driven to garner and every other post YOU all bring up Brown.....interesting. And cops going through background checks when they are hired and their background checks as policemen are two different things. Cop is shot, it's tragic and not questioned, at one point of time nypd was the most corrupt police department in the country....

Dr. Kings own kin (granddaughter I think) condemned Sharpton on TV a couple of days ago. She said Dr. King preached peaceful protests while Shapton encourages violence.

Since I've been speaking today I have said I'm not speaking on Brown but that's all you guys want to speak on, my convo has been driven to garner and every other post YOU all bring up Brown.....interesting. And cops going through background checks when they are hired and their background checks as policemen are two different things. Cop is shot, it's tragic and not questioned, at one point of time nypd was the most corrupt police department in the country....

Well, unless you specify, and SAY Garner, and not Brown, then I'm gonna comment on Brown. Know why ? Because THAT case was first, and THAT case involved a cop actually SHOOTING " an unarmed black man ", where as Garner - brutally honest here - was on video resisting arrest and was a really fat, unhealthy man who got into a physical altercation that ended up doing him in. The cops didn't crush his wind pipe, or choke him to death. He was asthmatic, and over weight, and when he went down, in a scuffle, THAT is what killed him.

When a person is truly out of breath, they're not even going to be able to SPEAK and say " I can't breathe " . He likely was having a heart attack then and there, but tragically, the cops hear nothing but excuses when ever they come across someone like that , who doesn't want to play nicely, so they just tune out any cries of the suspect.

99/ 100 times, I bet the cops hear a lie, and eventually , there's one time when the person isn't lying, it ends up costing him his life.

I did say I'm not speaking on Brown multiple times and you do know the death was ruled a homicide right. Crushing his wind pipe?

I'm old enough to remember democrats screaming that the president of the United States could do nothing about the economy, thus Reagan deserved no credit for turning the country around. Shouldn't the same apply to Obama? :)

Also due to being quite ancient, I remember the utter despair the country was in and the "stagflation" that was rampant when Reagan took over. Eight years later we felt a whole lot better about ourselves. I don't see the mood of the country being a whole lot better now than it was when Obama took over. Quite the contrary, in fact.

Then there's Russia, talk of sanctions against our only democratic ally in the mid-east, Israel, and the concurrent appeasement of Iran. But those are things that are hard to quantify.

A president's time in office is sort of like pretty, not easy to define but I know it when I see it. Reagan's term was easy on the eyes while Obama's reign has not been pretty.

I'm old enough to remember democrats screaming that the president of the United States could do nothing about the economy, thus Reagan deserved no credit for turning the country around. Shouldn't the same apply to Obama? :)/>

Also due to being quite ancient, I remember the utter despair the country was in and the "stagflation" that was rampant when Reagan took over. Eight years later we felt a whole lot better about ourselves. I don't see the mood of the country being a whole lot better now than it was when Obama took over. Quite the contrary, in fact.

Then there's Russia, talk of sanctions against our only democratic ally in the mid-east, Israel, and the concurrent appeasement of Iran. But those are things that are hard to quantify.

A president's time in office is sort of like pretty, not easy to define but I know it when I see it. Reagan's term was easy on the eyes while Obama's reign has not been pretty.

Government was more bipartisan and functional then. Reagan engaged in 8 years of stimulus spending and did more than appease Iran-- he gave them arms for hostages. He also didn't inherit two unwinnable wars. Obama inherited a huge mess and had an opposition party committed to making his time in office as difficult as possible, no matter the cost to the country. Those good feelings of the Reagan years were based on a false foundation then and are now gone forever.

I'm old enough to remember democrats screaming that the president of the United States could do nothing about the economy, thus Reagan deserved no credit for turning the country around. Shouldn't the same apply to Obama? :)/>

Government was more bipartisan and functional then. Reagan engaged in 8 years of stimulus spending and did more than appease Iran-- he gave them arms for hostages. He also didn't inherit two unwinnable wars. Obama inherited a huge mess and had an opposition party committed to making his time in office as difficult as possible, no matter the cost to the country. Those good feelings of the Reagan years were based on a false foundation then and are now gone forever.

All of the facts in the world will never break through Mikey's "Obama sux" perspective. Once critical thought surrenders to indoctrination, it is over.

All of the facts in the world will never break through Mikey's "Obama sux" perspective. Once critical thought surrenders to indoctrination, it is over.

I see you've been looking in a mirror!

I did say I'm not speaking on Brown multiple times and you do know the death was ruled a homicide right. Crushing his wind pipe?

I missed you say ' not Brown ' when I replied . My bad.

There are legal degrees of homicide, which don't always include intent or fault.

It wasn't murder / man slaughter.

I see you've been looking in a mirror!

:Sing: The old, "no you are" response. I love the classics. :Sing:

Archived