Duke Williams- Suspended for bowl game, returning in 2015

McLoofus

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duke got into a fight which caused his suspension.I would not duke out the fact that he goes pro just yet. Coaches have been told he is coming back but kids change minds

This. I hope Duke (1) does not change his mind and (2) if he does indeed stay, keeps out of trouble (this fight was not his 1st fight as others have mentioned on this board).

wde

On a lighter note, Kerryon Johnson, ladies and gents:

Dear Duke....you can have number 1.....I didn't really want it....glad you're staying

@AyeyoKEJO

i hope the # wasn't a deciding factor but if the tweet is legit, I'm glad it's worked out.

BTT-

Something reeks here....... We hear Injury, then sickness, now suspended? And if it were for a fight a few weeks back, why wait until today to announce the suspension? why take the kid to FL in the first place?

Definitely something shifty going on.

But that is Gus' style. I'm waiting for the naive get pissed at that statement lol

Please enlighten us "naive" with your higher thinking.

Just preemptively covering for the folks who think Gus is completely transparent when it comes to running the program. that's all. Seems the word "shifty" and "Gus" in the same sentence would upset a certain crowd.

If was not.His.first fight and apparently he got beat up.which messed up his eye. He will stay I.think or he would not be coming to bowl but kids change minds. Saying all of that we need him bad next year

So this is more good news than it is bad. I hate he won't play in the bowl game, but I think his body could stand the rest anyway. Good to hear he'll be back next season! Can't wait to see JJ slinging it to DW!

YEP!

I hate we will not have our # 1 receiver in the bowl game, but JJ has to be smiling! :)

If was not.His.first fight and apparently he got beat up.which messed up his eye. He will stay I.think or he would not be coming to bowl but kids change minds. Saying all of that we need him bad next year

And by next season he should have learned how to block the opposing CBs. Lots of room for improvement is aspects of his game other than catching passes.

Who does he keep getting into fights with? Is it teammates, or people at clubs?

Thanks 23. I rally hope Williams comes back next year.

Who does he keep getting into fights with? Is it teammates, or people at clubs?

I dunno, but if he's losing, then maybe he's just trying to practice and improve :)

Well I will say just because you have a messed up eye doesn't mean you lost but the win loss discussion of the fight is somewhat humorous to me. I'm interested in who is he fighting, hope not anybody on the team

Other receivers ready (Ray, Bray etc...) but I bet Gus wants to run it more and show Whisky that we have a run game as well.

Well I will say just because you have a messed up eye doesn't mean you lost but the win loss discussion of the fight is somewhat humorous to me. I'm interested in who is he fighting, hope not anybody on the team

As they say.."you should see the other guy".....but seems that any fight is probably one too many. Yet, I expect some of these guys have a macho attitude that makes it hard for them to walk away from some smart a** comment. Unfortunately, that is how people end up getting shot.

Duke got into a fight which caused his suspension.I would not duke out the fact that he goes pro just yet. Coaches have been told he is coming back but kids change minds

he has just over two weeks to do so. I wouldn't imagine him leaving after saying he is staying. He has had plenty of time to think things through.

From my experience anything to do with athletic competing dudes on the football team could be real butt holes. When I first got on campus I stayed into it with dudes who either played or were on the team playing basketball. Then once I had a reputation of being good everybody was cool. They have to respect you as an athlete or something like that.

Please do not speak badly of this kid either he is a good kid just made a couple of mistakes like we all do. We really need him next year and it looks like we are going to get him back!

Please do not speak badly of this kid either he is a good kid just made a couple of mistakes like we all do. We really need him next year and it looks like we are going to get him back!

please don't defend bad behavior...everyone does not get into fights, etc. AU has suffered some very sad days because some good kids got into situations that ended up costing them their lives...or their freedom.

Agreed!!

The fact that Duke is saying he is coming back is more than proof he is an AU man!

WARRRRRRRRRRR EAGLE Duke!

But it does happen. I've been shot at a couple of times for chin-checking some so called thugs. A lot of them try to be like their favorite rapper, listen to a couple of lyrics and play super thug afterwards. It seems to be contagious these days

I am more than happy to have him back. While I do not like the fact that anyone gets in fights, we certainly don't know enough about the fights he is getting into to pass judgement - who knows, maybe he's not the instigator, right?

The fact is, when he transferred in everyone assumed that due to his enormous talent he was going to take the jump the NFL, and we all wished him well and were happy to have him. The fact that Auburn has made enough of an impression on him for him to want to stick around another year even though he could be a top-2 round pick means more to me than his apparent predilection for pugilism.

War Eagle, Duke!

Archived