Duke Williams- Suspended for bowl game, returning in 2015

McLoofus

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the last time Auburn had a 1,000 yard receiver?

I could be wrong, but I think it's Ronney Daniels in 1999, had 1068 yards on 56 receptions. He's only 1 of 2 1000 yard receivers from AU.

Correct, Ronney Daniels was #1 with 1068 and Terry Beasley was #2 with 1051. Darvin is #3 and #4 all time with 963 in '10 and then 997 in '09

Thankfully we're RBU and not WRU right

Duke should easily crush these records though, he had 1/5th of the first's in just about one half with Jeremy throwing to him.

Couple of fights? ...boy some folks need to find a better class of friends or some better places to spend their time. I can't even recall seeing a fight while I was at AU (or since) and my last fight was in the 7th grade.

There are hundreds of athletes on scholarship at AU....and how many times in the past couple years have we heard about fights? Other than a couple football players I can't recall any. Something just sounds wrong.

Probably not all his fault. But that's what you get at skybar...where bros go for energy

I think Duke is probably a pretty good kid, like 23 said, but you have to remember where he came from. He literally cannot go back to his old neighborhood because it is too rough, from what I've heard. A lot of these come from backgrounds where fighting is a way to establish your stature. It takes a while to learn that there are other ways to handle altercations. I hope Duke learns this soon and someone pulls him aside and starts to mentor him on this. I would hate to think we would have another kid in the wrong place at the wrong time and it would cost him his life.

Very glad to have Duke coming back and grateful for a coach that doesn't take these things too lightly

Ha, he's been in town for less than 6 months and he's had multiple fights? Dang son, dial it back a little bit, keep your nose clean, make your grades, get your stats, and then rack in the bucks. It's not rocket science.

There are fights everyday on a college campus and you get drunk guys who try to be big and bad and get into it with football players all the time. I am not defending duke but I am saying that it is not the end of the world that a football player was involved in a fight. You have to understand the situation these football players face when they are out... that's all I'll say. We need duke he is a all American wr and will learn from his lesson

Please do not speak badly of this kid either he is a good kid just made a couple of mistakes like we all do. We really need him next year and it looks like we are

going to get him back!

please don't defend bad behavior...everyone does not get into fights, etc. AU has suffered some very sad days because some good kids got into situations that ended up costing them their lives...or their freedom.

By the age of 21 this would not have been my first fight. Or my last. We have no idea what happened. Some things ARE worth fighting for.

Ha, he's been in town for less than 6 months and he's had multiple fights? Dang son, dial it back a little bit, keep your nose clean, make your grades, get your stats, and then rack in the bucks. It's not rocket science.

Its not rocket science but its more convoluted than just walking on for some people...if it was that simple for everybody, you wouldn't have violence at all.

Its not rocket science but its more convoluted than just walking on for some people...if it was that simple for everybody, you wouldn't have violence at all.

Oh I agree, point being he's only going to be here a short time. We are his vehicle to the league which is where he wants to be (rightfully so) and all he really has to do is stay outta trouble and let his talent take care of things. He has the rest of his life to club and party and fight. Someone with brains that's close to him simply needs to tell him to chill for a while and he'll have it made. Doesn't need to be a choir boy, just has to have a little control and he'll leave a rich man.

Couple of fights? ...boy some folks need to find a better class of friends or some better places to spend their time. I can't even recall seeing a fight while I was at AU (or since) and my last fight was in the 7th grade.

You must not have gotten out much. I saw fights happen all the time because guys drink a few and think they're 10' tall and bulletproof. I have no idea if Duke has been the instigator or not in these fights but I know when I was at AU, if my friends ended up in a fight, I was rolling in hot to back them up.

Good grief, there's a whole mess of self-righteousness in here. Gus sat him for getting into a couple fights. 10 years ago we wouldn't even KNOW he was in a fight. Taking a recent example of Jakell Mitchell, a bunch of you were saying that "kids don't know how to settle a fight with their fists instead of guns".

There's really no winning with some of you.

Gus sat him for getting into a couple fights. 10 years ago we wouldn't even KNOW he was in a fight.

There were other behavioral issues behind the scenes.

Based on what's been said and what I've been able to read, all I know about is a few fights. I do not pretend to have any other source of information. 23 has said a few fights. His info is usually beyond reproach.

I am more than happy to have him back. While I do not like the fact that anyone gets in fights, we certainly don't know enough about the fights he is getting into to pass judgement - who knows, maybe he's not the instigator, right?

The fact is, when he transferred in everyone assumed that due to his enormous talent he was going to take the jump the NFL, and we all wished him well and were happy to have him. The fact that Auburn has made enough of an impression on him for him to want to stick around another year even though he could be a top-2 round pick means more to me than his apparent predilection for pugilism.

War Eagle, Duke!

Very well stated and War Eagle!!!

I'm ecstatic Duke is coming back but he, along with the other rising seniors, need to clean things up starting now. No distractions like we had this season from some key seniors who we needed to be the team leaders.

Guest jojo1515

Hell no duke was not involved n robbery. I was defending duke he was not.. I was comparing cases of Goodwin kitchens etc. Because I thought the other poster was comparing them duke has only been n couple fights.

Actually he was referring to the cases of guys getting into arguments/fights at a certain apt complex and ending up murdered by others who can't handle adversity without a gun

Well he said cost their life and freedom so he was clearly comparing both the shootings and the robbery. Or he was overstating his position and sloppy with his words. Either way.

Holy crap people...he got into a fight. It happens. ..it's called "life". Some of you guys have lived an extremely sheltered life. Get over yourselves.

Don't want criticism on social media? Don't say silly things and blame everyone else when you get called on it..

If that hurt his sensitive skin....he needs some new skin....

LOL, Hurt? Far from it. Amused at people jumping off a deep end over a simple suggestion? Completely.

SC, there's some serious butt-hurt on here if you question JJ's coronation or imply the job needs to be earned.

This fight apparently did not involve the cops and was not reported in the media, so I'm wondering if that's all there is to it.

Don't want criticism on social media? Don't say silly things and blame everyone else when you get called on it..

LOL, Hurt? Far from it. Amused at people jumping off a deep end over a simple suggestion? Completely.

SC, there's some serious butt-hurt on here if you question JJ's coronation or imply the job needs to be earned.

Why would I have "butthurt"? I'm not pulling for one player over another to win a job so if and when JJ wins it, I'll be ecstatic.

Why would I have "butthurt"? I'm not pulling for one player over another to win a job so if and when JJ wins it, I'll be ecstatic.

I think JapanTiger is confused about what the word butthurt means.

But I will walk back my 50/50 statement a bit since that evidently made everyone insecure/angry/beside themselves. In the mind of JJ, I hope his offseason mentality is "this is my job." In the mind of Sean White, I hope his offseason mentality is "this is my job." Heck, in the mind of Tyler Queen, I hope his offseason mentality is "this is my job."

Hope none of you are as averse to competition in your own daily lives/goals as you are at the mere mention of it for a D1 starting QB job

Archived