Duke Williams- Suspended for bowl game, returning in 2015

McLoofus

Malzahn: Duke Williams will return for 2015, which is why he's at the bowl game

Malzahn: "Duke Williams will not play (in the Outback Bowl). He has been suspended for breaking team rules."

@JamesCrepea

D'haquille Williams is working on Auburn's scout team this week as Wisconsin's top receiver.

@bmarcello

Malzahn on Duke Williams suspension: "Obviously it's a blow, but we have played games w/o him. We have guys that we feel very good about."

@AUBlog

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He posted a pic to Instagram a few weeks back, and it looked like he was in a fight(black eye and popped blood vessel). It has been taken down though.

He posted a pic to Instagram a few weeks back, and it looked like he was in a fight(black eye and popped blood vessel). It has been taken down though.

A rumor to the same effect was posted (and might still be viewable) in another thread. That could explain both a suspension and health issues.

So this is more good news than it is bad. I hate he won't play in the bowl game, but I think his body could stand the rest anyway. Good to hear he'll be back next season! Can't wait to see JJ slinging it to DW!

I hate to hear that he is suspended for the bowl game, but Duke returning for next year is excellent news!!!

I share your sentiment... can't wait to watch JJ slingin' the rock to Duke next year. I would've been happy for him if he went pro, but as a fan, I'm very happy that he is returning for another season.

It's been alluded to on here that he's been in multiple fights...lol chill out man. Great that he's coming back though.

The happiest person on campus about the news is Jeremy Johnson, I'd bet!

This is great news!

Side note: I was under the impression that guys still had to win starting jobs in the offseason, so little confused as to why JJ would be the happiest person. Would not be surprised at all with Sean White winning this job (I'm 50/50 that he will), but alas, I'm sure this discussion can wait for it's appropriate thread.

This is great news!

Side note: I was under the impression that guys still had to win starting jobs in the offseason, so little confused as to why JJ would be the happiest person. Would not be surprised at all with Sean White winning this job (I'm 50/50 that he will), but alas, I'm sure this discussion can wait for it's appropriate thread.

Based on his high school highlight film or just random quotes you've read about the kid? Unless you've seen him run with our offense in practice, I can't see how your rational has one ounce of logic to it. JJ is the heir apparent for a reason. WDE.

This is great news!

I would think it because I've seen Johnson play. And Sean white seems to be a message board hero, as far as the most I've seen or read a coach say about him is he's doing very well. On the message boards he reminds people that haven't seen him play of Joe Montana of course.

This is great news!

I would think it because I've seen Johnson play. And Sean white seems to be a message board hero, as far as the most I've seen or read a coach say about him is he's doing very well. On the message boards he reminds people that haven't seen him play of Joe Montana of course.

LOLLL

This is great news!

Based on his high school highlight film or just random quotes you've read about the kid? Unless you've seen him run with our offense in practice, I can't see how your rational has one ounce of logic to it. JJ is the heir apparent for a reason. WDE.

x2. I never understand this in regards to some of our fans. We finally have capable QBs yet call for the backup with limited experience. Guess JJ about to experience a little of what Nick went through. :dunno:

This is great news!

Have to be honest, not sure why you would think SW would win the starting job. JJ has gotten all second team reps for two years, and when he has played, looked extremely comfortable in this offense. He also has every measurable that you would want in a college QB.

SW has not even taken an A day snap. I would think he is light years behind JJ on understanding of how to run this offense. I am not sure where all this man love for SW comes from. He had some very good camps that raised his recruiting status but his actual offer list was pretty pedestrian (middle of the road teams). While I have read that he is extremely accurate thrower, I am not sure I have read that he has "big" time arm.

This is great news!

x2. I never understand this in regards to some of our fans. We finally have capable QBs yet call for the backup with limited experience. Guess JJ about to experience a little of what Nick went through.

I thank you for automatically putting me in a certain "some of our fans" box with one comment. There is no substantial evidence from any of my postings that I share those views. I simply stated that the QB race should be, and still is, open going into Spring. Competition encourages growth at any position. I did not state Sean White would win the job, unless 50/50 means something completely different than I have always understood it to mean. I am not quick to fall into "message board hero" fallacies either, because if they drove anything substantially intelligent, Jake Coker would be (supposedly) sleeping with a Heisman trophy in West Vance right now. My only point is starting positions are earned, not given. Not sure how that seemingly common sense point set off so much ridicule, but then again I guess I should not be surprised given the temperament of the board after the regular season.

Sean White? Good grief.....more power to him if he does, but that is as unlikely at this point, as either one of us being the starting QB...People just invent chit....give me a break... :rolleyes:

I think it is JJ's to lose, but I like SW's chances better than yours. ;)

Archived