Duke Williams- Suspended for bowl game, returning in 2015

McLoofus

Dude a robbery and couple fights are not same

Are you saying Duke was involved in a robbery?

wde

No, the reference 23 was answering to was the 4 boneheads that robbed the trailer in 2011, not Duke.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am more than happy to have him back. While I do not like the fact that anyone gets in fights, we certainly don't know enough about the fights he is getting into to pass judgement - who knows, maybe he's not the instigator, right?

The fact is, when he transferred in everyone assumed that due to his enormous talent he was going to take the jump the NFL, and we all wished him well and were happy to have him. The fact that Auburn has made enough of an impression on him for him to want to stick around another year even though he could be a top-2 round pick means more to me than his apparent predilection for pugilism.

War Eagle, Duke!

Oh, BE-HAVE.

(Seriously, great post.)

Dude a robbery and couple fights are not same

Are you saying Duke was involved in a robbery?

wde

No, the reference 23 was answering to was the 4 boneheads that robbed the trailer in 2011, not Duke.

10-4. That is what I thought but wanted to him to be clear.

wde

I have a feeling Duke is going to Tampa not just for practice but the gift all the players get for being at the bowl. Last I saw the gifts are really good and it's a reward for the work put in through the season for all the players. I'd want a $150 Best Buy gift card and an Outback Steakhouse gift car among other gifts if I busted my can for 12 games.

http://www.al.com/sp...t_worst_of.html

I have a feeling Duke is going to Tampa not just for practice but the gift all the players get for being at the bowl. Last I saw the gifts are really good and it's a reward for the work put in through the season for all the players. I'd want a $150 Best Buy gift card and an Outback Steakhouse gift car among other gifts if I busted my can for 12 games.

I mean, speaking as a college kid, I'd try and get my butt down there too lol. A trip to Florida where you are wine and dined, given free gifts, and get to spend all of your time playing football sounds pretty good to me!

I am more than happy to have him back. While I do not like the fact that anyone gets in fights, we certainly don't know enough about the fights he is getting into to pass judgement - who knows, maybe he's not the instigator, right?

The fact is, when he transferred in everyone assumed that due to his enormous talent he was going to take the jump the NFL, and we all wished him well and were happy to have him. The fact that Auburn has made enough of an impression on him for him to want to stick around another year even though he could be a top-2 round pick means more to me than his apparent predilection for pugilism.

War Eagle, Duke!

Oh, BE-HAVE.

(Seriously, great post.)

Ask Auc about alliteration and acquire astounding articulation abilities!

Outside bars not with teammates

Thanks 23. I do enjoy your insight. You must have friends on the team or very close to the program.

War Eagle, Duke!

Oh, BE-HAVE.

(Seriously, great post.)

It's like watching Iverson break a guy's ankles with the crossover, wait for him to get up and then break 'em again!

Glad from a talent standpoint to have him back. Very disappointed to have another suspended player- usually suspensions are for significant misconduct, at least, that's what I thought.

What's the last time Auburn had a 1,000 yard receiver?

I could be wrong, but I think it's Ronney Daniels in 1999, had 1068 yards on 56 receptions. He's only 1 of 2 1000 yard receivers from AU.

I could be wrong, but I think it's Ronney Daniels in 1999, had 1068 yards on 56 receptions. He's only 1 of 2 1000 yard receivers from AU.

Darvin Adams was literally 3 yards shy of 1,000 yards in 2009.

Darvin Adams was literally 3 yards shy of 1,000 yards in 2009.

Close but no cigar!

YUP! Great thought - I would have done a lot for the gift card or the Outback food, and I WORKED at the Opelika Road Outback! Best job ever for a high metabolism college kid trying to earn some $$$$.

War Eagle, Duke!

Oh, BE-HAVE.

(Seriously, great post.)

aah !!!

And also adding and activating additional A-words among all at AUFAMILY.... as alluding alliteration amidst altercation, Auctoritas actually avoided adding annual armistice, as an action arising anger.

BTT-

Something reeks here....... We hear Injury, then sickness, now suspended? And if it were for a fight a few weeks back, why wait until today to announce the suspension? why take the kid to FL in the first place?

Some of the same questions I have as well. But oh well...he's not playing so time for Sammie to go to work.

This is great news. Anyone else find the combination of Johnson to Williams just incredibly dangerous? It looked good this year and didn't turn out like we wanted, but man does next year seem like our year.

Hell no duke was not involved n robbery. I was defending duke he was not.. I was comparing cases of Goodwin kitchens etc. Because I thought the other poster was comparing them duke has only been n couple fights.

Couple of fights? ...boy some folks need to find a better class of friends or some better places to spend their time. I can't even recall seeing a fight while I was at AU (or since) and my last fight was in the 7th grade.

There are hundreds of athletes on scholarship at AU....and how many times in the past couple years have we heard about fights? Other than a couple football players I can't recall any. Something just sounds wrong.

Correct, Ronney Daniels was #1 with 1068 and Terry Beasley was #2 with 1051. Darvin is #3 and #4 all time with 963 in '10 and then 997 in '09

Archived