Outback Bowl Postgame Thread

PCBAuburnaFan

Maybe JJ should give CWM a raise. God knows he deserves more just to walk into this disaster called a defense. WDE

Would it be too much to ask Muschamp to bring his UF defense with him?

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you think the O is our problem, turd, you need to go home.

Giving up a 7 yd/rush will get you beat 10/10 games.

Our D has been so bad for so long i cant really recall the last time i thought we were good.

Our O just cannot out score every team we play when the D just wont do its job.

We have for the last two years refused to defend the first down marker. We give up more third downs that anyone in the SEC.

I havent been able to watch our D since the TAMU game when a true freshman qb on the road for his first start stomped our asses.

No, it wasnt the O that failed us this year, it was a colossal, abysmal, pathetic performance by the worst Auburn D i can remember.

Prayers for CBoom working his magic. Lord knows, just getting these guys back to mediocre might get us to the playoffs next year.

We gave up 230 points over the last 6 games. (Did not include Samford)

We averaged giving up 38.3 points a game.

SShhh! They are looking for heads to roll and they don't care who. Don't use common sense now. Not to mention the team just buried a teammate a few weeks ago on top of having the best player sit and the second best reciever banged up.

This is the same Wisconsin team that gave up 55 to a third string QB a month ago. Keep the excuses rolling.

And? Our offense did their part today. OSU had a defense that allowed the offense to get back on the field.

Ohio State also scored on 6 of their first 8 possessions, We were 3 of 8 on our first 8 possessions...

There is plenty of blame to go around. I do think its ridiculous that some of you choose to point at one thing and say it cost us the game. Play calling, horrendous defense, poor special teams, bad penalties are all things that add up to a loss.

There is plenty of blame to go around. I do think its ridiculous that some of you choose to point at one thing and say it cost us the game. Play calling, horrendous defense, poor special teams, bad penalties are all things that add up to a loss.

Yep .... a team loss...coaches and all.

Thats what Ive been saying is was a team loss, O,D, and ST were all below par but we did hold Wisc to 1-6 on their possesions in the 1st half and we went 2-6 in the first half. Its not like the O played lights out all game. It was a team loss.

Ballrun44 I didn't say clean house, but it was obvious to any that were watching we had problems. It was nice to be one of the best in the red zone defense last year but smart people would say we need to be stopping them before they get to the red zone. Winning does not mean you quit trying to fix areas that are not good. That mentality is what gets us into these up and down years. It has to stop. We have to get better every year because that is what the winners do. What I said was I would be more inclined to forget if he was attempting to improve. WDE

We were too predictable. We made plays with athleticism when needed at times. That play calling in OT was a little disconcerting, and that is being kind.

AU O first half 2-6 Wisc O 1-6

AU O second half 3-4 Wisc O 4-5.

Thats a team loss, AU D showed up in the first half the O didn't, AU O showed up in the 2nd half, the D didn't. Then iffy playcalling in OT, Its just a loss all the way around.

Context: Ohio State beat Wisconsin 59-0 with their 3rd string quarterback. We might be farther away from competing for championships than anyone realizes.

Wisconsin tanked that game.

Guys played hard but the defensive front clearly just isn't good enough. That has been the problem all year. All I can say is Muschamp has his work cut out for him. We need some big nasty jokers like Nick Fairley in the middle of that DL. Adams is the only DT we have who is good enough for SEC football and he needs someone to light a fire under his behind. It will also be great to get Lawson back at DE.

Monday coach Russell needs to start kicking some ass . It starts in the offseason . Games are won and lost there. Muschamp is exactly what AU needs . Blood will flow come Monday

Does anybody else miss Yoxall?

I just realized something. This is the 2nd year in a row that we've lost a bowl game by the same score. Lost 34-31 to FSU and lost 34-31 to Wsconsin. Also, Gus Malzahn is 0-.2 in bowl games as Auburn's head coach

Both games that he fully lost. His play calling looks a little funny in the light. Chip Kelly never had 4 bad games play calling in any year of his college career and Malzahn is supposedly his counterpart/equal.

Monday coach Russell needs to start kicking some ass . It starts in the offseason . Games are won and lost there. Muschamp is exactly what AU needs . Blood will flow come Monday

Does anybody else miss Yoxall?

not at all

Why didn't Sammie play more?

I think he is hurt. There was some talk last night that he may not play at all today.

Hope it doesn't affect his NFL stock.

Gus is the issue. May this point he is not the man for the job.

Recruiting will be flat if we are lucky. Otherwise we lose a few and have to settle to fill slots. At this point no big time anything comes our way.

Gus is in over his head.

Yes the coach that got us a NC and led us to another shot is in over his head. When is a top 10 recruiting class "flat". I guess folks forgot just how much of a mess Chizik put us in. Maybe last year was too much too soon for some, but fact is we are still rebuilding. Next year Lawson and Matthews will be on the field. Duke will have a more pure QB throwing to him. "Oh but Gus can only win with a running QB". Look up Tulsa from 07-08 and get back to me.

But you seem to be a little slow so I won't wait.

No, Cam won them a national championship singlehandedly but, I find it cute that you want to give Gus credit for that when any coach with half a brain would have done the same thing, call Cam's number on 90% of the offensive plays. And last I checked, CGC was head coach at the time.

This reminded me of a Tuberville bowl team. It's a reward for the seniors and the team.

I mean how else do you explain Mincy continuing to play.

On one hand I aggree, but on the other, bowl games sway a lot of opinions.

Especially those of recruits!

I feel next year we will have our offensive identity back.

Context: Ohio State beat Wisconsin 59-0 with their 3rd string quarterback. We might be farther away from competing for championships than anyone realizes.

Wisconsin tanked that game.

Auburn tanked the Georgia and Mississippi State game. LSU tanked the Auburn game.

Well the question about whether we can keep Gus was probably answered for another year at least.

War Eagle.

Gus will correct and adapt. I support our coaching staff. Was disappointing year. Last year was an over correction. Now we continue a sustainable program of improvement.

Seems we struggle against teams that comprehend our play book better than our players do.

Archived