Outback Bowl Postgame Thread

PCBAuburnaFan

We have enough offense to win every game. We need the other two phases of the game to come up to standard.

Ohio State hung 55 on this pathetic defense. Auburn had 31 and went backwards when it really mattered.

Ohio St was motivated! Our guys were thinking about what agent they should use.

Yeah....like Bama last year I guess. We did not buy that excuse from them but are quick to trot it out for AU. The red-zone offense totally dried up as the season wore on and losing yards on three plays in OT.....for an offensive minded team....who would have believed it.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have enough offense to win every game. We need the other two phases of the game to come up to standard.

Ohio State hung 55 on this pathetic defense. Auburn had 31 and went backwards when it really mattered.

You are correct. But that is acceptable.

At least here

Who is thinking about an agent our team beside Sammy? They need to hire a magician to help their draft status.

DO NOT BLAME THE KICKER. He should have never been put in that position in the first place. He was put their because of inept play calling and offense player4s failing to make their assignments, repeatedly. Their kicker was get chip shots, Carlson was kicking 44, 45 and 54 yards out. I'll bet that the overall rate in D1,Big 5 kickers is under 50% outside of 44 yards. This game is totally on Gus. His failure to light a fire and motivate players and coaches. His fault not to fix the defense during the offseason after their bad performance last year. His fault to keep fielding players that were not qualified at their position to be a D1 player. I would have had more sympathy for Gus if he had fired some coaches last year and set some seniors on the bench and played true freshmen and lost 9 games. No excuse for Gus. It is his fault for just continuing to do what was not working. WDE

It's the job of the head coach to motivate.... Stealth Gus doing things, tbh.

I'm in no way jumping off the Gus bus but I was really hoping he would be the one to stop the great year followed by a down year scenario auburn consistently seems to follow. I'm sick of it.

You are correct. But that is acceptable.

At least here

Wisconsin a "pathetic defense"? I don't think the Big 10 stats show that...

If you think the O is our problem, turd, you need to go home.

Giving up a 7 yd/rush will get you beat 10/10 games.

Our D has been so bad for so long i cant really recall the last time i thought we were good.

Our O just cannot out score every team we play when the D just wont do its job.

We have for the last two years refused to defens the first down marker. We give up more third downs that anyone in the SEC.

I havent been able to watch our D since the TAMU game when a true freshman qb on the road for his first start stomped our asses.

No, it wasnt the O that failed us this year, it was a colossal, abysmal, pathetic performance by the worst Auburn D i can remember.

Prayers for CBoom working his magic. Lord knows, just getting these guys back to mediocre might get us to the playoffs next year.

The defense was bad but don't be fooled. The offense had their own issues all year long. Critical turnovers and questionable play calling cost us more than one game.

OSU has a defense. That's the difference. If we had one we score 55 too

DO NOT BLAME THE KICKER. He should have never been put in that position in the first place. He was put their because of inept play calling and offense player4s failing to make their assignments, repeatedly. Their kicker was get chip shots, Carlson was kicking 44, 45 and 54 yards out. I'll bet that the overall rate in D1,Big 5 kickers is under 50% outside of 44 yards. This game is totally on Gus. His failure to light a fire and motivate players and coaches. His fault not to fix the defense during the offseason after their bad performance last year. His fault to keep fielding players that were not qualified at their position to be a D1 player. I would have had more sympathy for Gus if he had fired some coaches last year and set some seniors on the bench and played true freshmen and lost 9 games. No excuse for Gus. It is his fault for just continuing to do what was not working. WDE

I want blame him to a point where I'd say it's his fault or anything like that but I damn sure expect him to make those kicks, at least one

Muschamp walked into a bad situation.

Muschamp knows exactly what he is getting. He didn't walk into it, he took it.

Why he is getting 1.6 million. Time for him to put his rep, his skills to work.

Wow - you think Gus should have cleaned house after losing in the last BCS game? Gutsy call, Mav...

Why didn't Sammie play more?

Curious too????

Wow - you think Gus should have cleaned house after losing in the last BCS game? Gutsy call, Mav...

hope u arent referring to me since i didnt say this lol

whoever called those last three offensive plays needs to walk home, a blind cat could have called better, "honey bee"

That isn't the first time this year.

hope u arent referring to me since i didnt say this lol

No haha - it was an idiom...

I just realized something. This is the 2nd year in a row that we've lost a bowl game by the same score. Lost 34-31 to FSU and lost 34-31 to Wsconsin. Also, Gus Malzahn is 0-.2 in bowl games as Auburn's head coach

Our D has been so bad for so long i cant really recall the last time i thought we were good.

We have for the last two years refused to defend the first down marker. We give up more third downs that anyone in the SEC.

I havent been able to watch our D since the TAMU game when a true freshman qb on the road for his first start stomped our asses.

No, it wasnt the O that failed us this year, it was a colossal, abysmal, pathetic performance by the worst Auburn D i can remember.

Prayers for CBoom working his magic. Lord knows, just getting these guys back to mediocre might get us to the playoffs next year.

We gave up 230 points over the last 6 games. (Did not include Samford)

We averaged giving up 38.3 points a game.

SShhh! They are looking for heads to roll and they don't care who. Don't use common sense now. Not to mention the team just buried a teammate a few weeks ago on top of having the best player sit and the second best reciever banged up.

My thoughts

Out played and out coached by a team with inferior talent and no head coach.

Play calling was average at best and horrible in overtime.

Regardless of what many think our head coach is responsible for this horrible, unmotivated defense.

This team stinks of poor discipline and no leadership.

Good to see we have retained the ability to hit out of bounds.

One of the least fun to watch teams since the Barfield days (excluding 2012)

In reality this is a 6-5 team (I don't count the 2 revenue generating home games against small schools used to hammer the season ticket buyer)

If I were a receiver I would go nowhere near Auburn.

Next year will tell alot. I hope they can at least act like they are interested in playing.

I do like the way we teach the defense to pose after the occasional good play. Shucks, when Cass made that stop for a 2 yard loss his " arm folded" kneeling pose made up for the hundreds of yards rushing we gave up. I hope someone got a picture.

We have for the last two years refused to defend the first down marker. We give up more third downs that anyone in the SEC.

We gave up 230 points over the last 6 games. (Did not include Samford)

We averaged giving up 38.3 points a game.

In this game, it was late game play calling that cost them the game. But sure, put the blame on the defense. What happened to last year's bend but, don'[t break defense? Or the 2011 defense behind Cam? Auburn's defense gave Auburn's offense a chance and they crapped the bed. Making poor excuses are fun.

Archived