Outback Bowl Postgame Thread

PCBAuburnaFan

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duke plays we win

What are you saying? The run game wasn't good enough? They made it the national championship game with a 95% run offense. Ha! Ha! Ha! The offense wasn't the problem, LOL!!!I It's all on the defense.

As a former LB and a LB coach....our LBers are terrible; Over pursue,never throw their hands to keep blockers off of them,cut blocked continually,you name it. They violate every fundamental.

Are the 4 and 5 star recruits terrible or, could it be coaching? Hmmmm.....

I agee 1957, they were awful this and others. Add in an awful cb in mincy, not pressure at all from the dline. Muschamp will have to be magician to turn this group around. I think there is a lot of young talent on the benck. Hopefully he can get those guys to step up. I also hope we get cowart, cos him and lawson coming off the ends would be deadly.

I agee 1957, they were awful this and others. Add in an awful cb in mincy, not pressure at all from the dline. Muschamp will have to be magician to turn this group around. I think there is a lot of young talent on the benck. Hopefully he can get those guys to step up. I also hope we get cowart, cos him and lawson coming off the ends would be deadly.

It was posted somewhere else that we are losing some dead weight off of this team. Play the freshmen if need be.

I was looking for that play (Fsu vs Oregon game) from gus in our games. Frake wr screen hit over the top. Oregon just did it for a td on fsu. Up 38 vs 25

What's sad is how everybody blames the defense yet, they were 61st with an 8-5 record. Last year, they were 87th and went to the NCG. Yeah, it's all on the defense.

The offense was subpar in 1 game. Maybe 2. Against the last 7 BCS opponents we faced we allowed 38ppg.

Kansas State, Georgia, Samford, this game (sub par for what we should've had and how we performed), arguably Arkansas, outside of the 3 Jeremy TDs, the running game was very iffy and Sammie dropped a touchdown from Marshall.

So that's about 5 not counting the huge lulls in the Miss St, TAMU, UA games

Georgia. That's about it. Maybe MSU. Kansas State was just a battle for both sides. In the second half we controled the pace and hit a crucial 3rd down after KSU had scored to ice it. This was actually a well coached game by Gus because KSU had sold out to stop the read and we had to find another way to win. This and LSU were about the only good defensive games. Samford was a glorified walkthrough where we didn't want to embarrass Pat. Still scored over 30. Arkansas we score 45 with 595 of total offense. Not sure what you're talking about. Today 31 points and almost 450 yds. Against uat we set offensive records. Again you lose me on your point. TAMU we score 38 and have 582 yards of offense. This game was probably the tipping point for EJ.

Still counting 2 there buddy.

Not All 4 /5* recuits pan out.

And some are poorly coached. When someone talks about players over pursuing, throwing their hands around to keep blockers off of them and cut blocks, that's fundamentals and coaching.

I just realized something. This is the 2nd year in a row that we've lost a bowl game by the same score. Lost 34-31 to FSU and lost 34-31 to Wsconsin. Also, Gus Malzahn is 0-.2 in bowl games as Auburn's head coach

Both games that he fully lost. His play calling looks a little funny in the light. Chip Kelly never had 4 bad games play calling in any year of his college career and Malzahn is supposedly his counterpart/equal.

2009 Oregon looses to Boise St. 8-19, and Ohio St. 17-26

2010 Oregon defeats a lowly California 15-13 and looses to Auburn 19-22

2011 Oregon looses to LSU 27-40. Turned the ball over 4 times. Scored 14 in garbage time in the 4th. Lost to USC 35-38. Held to 7 points at half.

2012 Oregon looses to Stanford 14-17

That's 7 as a HC.

As an OC at Oregon

2008 Barely beats Purdue in double OT. Looses 10-44 at USC. Looses 16-24 against Cal.

So that's 10 at Oregon :)/>

In a year. In a year. You found 10 through 2008-2013 that's about 2 per year, which I think Malzahn would kill for.

Georgia and MSU. That's only 2

I just realized something. This is the 2nd year in a row that we've lost a bowl game by the same score. Lost 34-31 to FSU and lost 34-31 to Wsconsin. Also, Gus Malzahn is 0-.2 in bowl games as Auburn's head coach

Both games that he fully lost. His play calling looks a little funny in the light. Chip Kelly never had 4 bad games play calling in any year of his college career and Malzahn is supposedly his counterpart/equal.

2009 Oregon looses to Boise St. 8-19, and Ohio St. 17-26

2010 Oregon defeats a lowly California 15-13 and looses to Auburn 19-22

2011 Oregon looses to LSU 27-40. Turned the ball over 4 times. Scored 14 in garbage time in the 4th. Lost to USC 35-38. Held to 7 points at half.

2012 Oregon looses to Stanford 14-17

That's 7 as a HC.

As an OC at Oregon

2008 Barely beats Purdue in double OT. Looses 10-44 at USC. Looses 16-24 against Cal.

So that's 10 at Oregon :)/>

In a year. In a year. You found 10 through 2008-2013 that's about 2 per year, which I think Malzahn would kill for.

Georgia and MSU. That's only 2

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHA!!!

And also if everyone will remember, our guys are still reeling from the loss of their team mate.

Yeah, losing a teammate really hurt tOSU when they played Wisky. :-\

Well, I can't say everything is peachy but it's not all gloom and doom either. After the loss to MSU, the close game to ST and the shocker to A&M, we lost our mojo. We saw signs against uat but we know what the outcome was. The suspension of Whitehead seemed to start the unraveling for the defense, IMO, players lost respect for the d coaches.

We have a lot to look forward to. I'm sure all our coaches and players will get better. We as fans could do a little reflecting. These kids give everything they have, some may not reach their potential, some may make mistakes and some do what they are being taught. Try not to bash these young men who try to do the best they can to entertain us, to bring us victory and allow some of use to actually get away from everyday life for 3 1/2 hours once a week for a few months a year. It's great to be an Auburn Tiger! War Eagle

Well, I can't say everything is peachy but it's not all gloom and doom either. After the loss to MSU, the close game to ST and the shocker to A&M, we lost our mojo. We saw signs against uat but we know what the outcome was. The suspension of Whitehead seemed to start the unraveling for the defense, IMO, players lost respect for the d coaches.

We have a lot to look forward to. I'm sure all our coaches and players will get better. We as fans could do a little reflecting. These kids give everything they have, some may not reach their potential, some may make mistakes and some do what they are being taught. Try not to bash these young men who try to do the best they can to entertain us, to bring us victory and allow some of use to actually get away from everyday life for 3 1/2 hours once a week for a few months a year. It's great to be an Auburn Tiger! War Eagle

Excellent post, tbone!!!

The future is indeed very bright.

I like how everyone blames offensive play calling after we gave up 400 yards rushing...

This!

Defense and terrible calls on our OT possession. I don't care who calls the defense, we are just plain weak up front.

The sad truth. Pathetic.

I have no idea what Gus was thinking with the throwback. That was doomed to fail from the beginning. Why not a pass over the middle to Ray? Or Uzomah? Or Bray? Why not a shot to the endzone for Coates? And why, if we're supposed to be faster than Wisky, do we keep running plays to the SHORT side of the field? Why not get our athletes in space and let them make a play??

Awful OT play calling. The defense did their job. The offense did not.

Yeah, our defense was great!

You score 30 you should win. In the last two seasons we've lost 4 games after scoring 30 or more. Before that we hadn't done it since the 90s.

Bingo!

Dammit, why didn't you post this earlier. All the other people convinced to burn my diploma's from Auburn cause we were done as a university due to this year.

I lI've the Auburn Tigers but honestly, I am glad this season is over. Watching our defense this year was very painful. I am also looking forward to seeing a more traditional style of offense. The Nick Marshall offense worked much better last year because the offensive line played much better than this season. Just was not crisp this year. We will be more of a threat both passing and running. Should be fun team to watch if we can take a huge leap on defense.

I lI've the Auburn Tigers but honestly, I am glad this season is over. Watching our defense this year was very painful. I am also looking forward to seeing a more traditional style of offense. The Nick Marshall offense worked much better last year because the offensive line played much better than this season. Just was not crisp this year. We will be more of a threat both passing and running. Should be fun team to watch if we can take a huge leap on defense.

Robinson and Prosch were huge contributors to last season. They were badly missed.

As a former LB and a LB coach....our LBers are terrible; Over pursue,never throw their hands to keep blockers off of them,cut blocked continually,you name it. They violate every fundamental.

This

Cass showed flashes, just look how he was attacking Gordon at the end of the game hitting the gap extremely quick, I was wondering "where has this been all game"

Archived