Offensive Coodinators

AuburnSpider

Florida St, where offensive minded jumbo is head coach, incorporates not one but two O coordinators. Maybe Gus needs to think about actually hiring a proven coach for that position.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's just fire Gus and start over. I agree with your post's today. He's such an idiot I can't believe we even hired him. ~Sarcasm off~. Seriously brother. You win some, you lose some, some are rained out. War Eagle.

Seemed we were off today for some reason like the players just didn't have a spark

I saw this too. Losing a teammate, whose birthday was today... I'm sure had a lot to do with that. So very unfortunate. I hate it for them.

We will get better soon.

Gus won't hire an OC. He's has Rhett since he was HC at Arkansas State, The whole team and coaching staff was awul off today. To bad too because Wisconsin was not that good. We just make them out to be.

Calm down folks...

I understand your caution but keep in mind that this was not just a "one game observation" by many people who post here.

you can go back to the MSU game and see the same concerns week after week. Not panicking ...just sayin'

Soon after Gus was hired, I starting thinking he would turn our offence into another Oregon but also continue to have a strong running game. I haven't seen that change. Have any of you.

A half decent defense will take tons of pressure off the offense and should result in better production. Not nearly as concerned with our O or play calling as I am with our defense.

Florida St, where offensive minded jumbo is head coach, incorporates not one but two O coordinators. Maybe Gus needs to think about actually hiring a proven coach for that position.

I am not so sure of this in that FSU got their clocked cleaned and then some. Offense is not a problem whatsoever. Defense is where we need huge improvement, and I think we are headed in the right direction with regard to this. I thought Coach Damien Craig was sort of like a 2nd OC. Anyhow, I think good things are on the horizon for Auburn football on both sides of the ball.

Malzahn is paid millions. People have a right to criticize him. Get off your high horse. The offense was subpar today...face it.

Criticism is fair, but the issue isn't wit the offense. With even an average D we'd be in much better shape. He is responsible for the D as well, and has taken steps to fix that. We'll see how that works out next year. I hate to lose as much (or more) than anyone else but some of the expectations of people on this board are completely ridiculous. Talking like there are issues with Gus is nuts. We played in the BCS championship last year and were ranked as high as #3 this year. Sure, the wheels fell of the wagon, but there are some changes that just can't be made mid-season. The only way a program can achieve consistent success is with stability on the staff and all of our "fans" that want to fire coaches as an annual event have lost their minds. Gus is the guy, get behind him.

Gus' offenses at AU have been the best in our history.

Sure we will still have some games that aren't as good as others. Today was one of them.

The whole team seemed to be going through the motions and played like it was a "meaningless bowl game".

Our offense isn't perfect. There will always be things we need to improve on. But anyone who suggests that the offense has equal blame with the defense for our 8-5 season is just not paying attention.

We have taken appropriate steps to fix the defense. Let's see what happens next year before we jump off the ship.

Let's just fire Gus and start over. I agree with your post's today. He's such an idiot I can't believe we even hired him. ~Sarcasm off~. Seriously brother. You win some, you lose some, some are rained out. War Eagle.

That is a legitimate question. Don't be such a smart alec.

I hope our offense looks different next year! Our tendencies now are way to transparent. If I can sit on the couch and know what play is coming, so can everyone else. I love NM but he could not go through progressions. I hope JJ is as good as I think he can be.

Malzahn is paid millions. People have a right to criticize him. Get off your high horse. The offense was subpar today...face it.

Criticism is fair, but the issue isn't wit the offense. With even an average D we'd be in much better shape. He is responsible for the D as well, and has taken steps to fix that. We'll see how that works out next year. I hate to lose as much (or more) than anyone else but some of the expectations of people on this board are completely ridiculous. Talking like there are issues with Gus is nuts. We played in the BCS championship last year and were ranked as high as #3 this year. Sure, the wheels fell of the wagon, but there are some changes that just can't be made mid-season. The only way a program can achieve consistent success is with stability on the staff and all of our "fans" that want to fire coaches as an annual event have lost their minds. Gus is the guy, get behind him.

I don't recall anyone saying fire Gus. His playcalling sometimes is "Nutsburg". Nobody said fire him. Goodness!

Maybe we need to line up in the wishbone formation a few series during the game. Also, we could line up in the power I formation a series or 2 each game. This would keep teams off balance as well. I am just kidding. Our offense is just fine and in good hands for sure.

Yeah lets fire Gus anybody got 11 million dollars because thats what it would take to send him on his way. Im only kidding of course but when will Jacobs learn about handing out huge buyout clauses? When is the last time an Auburn head coach left for another job? The only ones I remember were fired.

Archived