2016 4* RB Elijah Holyfield (UGA commit)

RunInRed

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CB to AU.

by who?

Tyler Donohue

I hope he is right

He's Bleacher Report's recruiting analyst. Probably doesn't know anything, just making an educated guess.

If its from bleacher report, then it is more likely than not to be wrong.

IMO, Bleacher Report has gotten much better than they used to be. They have some decent people there now.

I think Gus is wanting a speed back badly. I know we like Elijah, but CFA fits the bill. Especially considering the fact we have several backs like him on campus already.

2016 is not a great class for RB. 2017 is loaded w/ them.

• 1 month later...

crazy situation for Auburn right now with our RB's. We really are in a good position. EH seems to be a fine kid and athlete. UGA will most likely be very happy to have gotten him.

We are in good shape at RB, and we already have a great commitment for next year. That being said, it is hard to think we are in better shape than UGA is.

crazy situation for Auburn right now with our RB's. We really are in a good position. EH seems to be a fine kid and athlete. UGA will most likely be very happy to have gotten him.

We are in good shape at RB, and we already have a great commitment for next year. That being said, it is hard to think we are in better shape than UGA is.

We probably don't have a Nick Chubb, but who's to say that our top 3-4 aren't as good as theirs? All we've got to go on is recruiting rankings, and- not that it matters much- we compare pretty well to them in that regard. And if I read 247 correctly, UGA didn't take an RB in 2015 and only has Holyfield committed in 2016. We're doing just fine if we're comparing ourselves to them. BUT... mustache eagle only said that we are in a good position, and I agree.

Well, they won't have Nick Chubb after next season either so they've gotta be thinking about that. At this point, Thomas, Barber and Robinson are potential. Chubb is a guarantee. We think some of our guys are good enough to go pro early, but they know their clear Number 1 is gone after next season. That's a different position to find yourself in.

Well, they won't have Nick Chubb after next season either so they've gotta be thinking about that. At this point, Thomas, Barber and Robinson are potential. Chubb is a guarantee. We think some of our guys are good enough to go pro early, but they know their clear Number 1 is gone after next season. That's a different position to find yourself in.

Our Robinson will be gone after next season. You are almost right.

We probably don't have a Nick Chubb, but who's to say that our top 3-4 aren't as good as theirs? All we've got to go on is recruiting rankings, and- not that it matters much- we compare pretty well to them in that regard. And if I read 247 correctly, UGA didn't take an RB in 2015 and only has Holyfield committed in 2016. We're doing just fine if we're comparing ourselves to them. BUT... mustache eagle only said that we are in a good position, and I agree.

UGA did take a RB in 2015. Tae Crowder out of Harris County, GA. He was a last minute kid because their other guy flipped to Oklahoma State. He's from close to where I'm from, I did hear that he might not make it.

UGA did take a RB in 2015. Tae Crowder out of Harris County, GA. He was a last minute kid because their other guy flipped to Oklahoma State. He's from close to where I'm from, I did hear that he might not make it.

Thanks for the correction and I hope for the kid's sake that he makes it, there or somewhere else.

Thanks for the correction and I hope for the kid's sake that he makes it, there or somewhere else.

Pure speculation on some guys that I still talk to that know Tae pretty well. He graduated with a 4.0, but heard he isn't going to class. Not my business though! Back to EH.

He will be, but he also might not ever be our starter. That's not the same as UGA's situation with Chubb.

You listed Robinson as only potentially leaving and I fixed that. I couldn't care less how similar the running back situations are between Jovon and Chubb though so don't think that I have a beef with your statement.

There are 3 5*s on their roster so it's hard to say they aren't the deepest in the country. Add in a couple fo 4*s and it's a bit ridiculous. That's deeper than anything we have seen from Tuscaloser too. AU will be ok without EH but he sure would be nice to have. Hoping against hope at the moment.

Crowder is in camp with them

No hope at all here. Holyfield has not visited in a while but he has been to UGA a ton. He is all UGA.

Archived