2016 4* RB Elijah Holyfield (UGA commit)

RunInRed

Seems as though Auburn may not be out of this one after all.

I guess so. He did not commit when he went to UGA.

CB to AU today. Never heard of the guy (John Whittle), but I guess it doesn't hurt.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems as though Auburn may not be out of this one after all.

I guess so. He did not commit when he went to UGA.

CB to AU today. Never heard of the guy (John Whittle), but I guess it doesn't hurt.

I'll take it!

Elijah is still very much on the market. Him not committing on the UGA trip considering how many others were there on the trip too is a little bit telling. UGA did bump up the intensity for Holifield after they lost the Emmons commit but they should have bumped it up for EH a while ago when they realized Emmons had no shot of qualifying academically.

Anyway, need to get EH back on campus soon

Elijah is still very much on the market. Him not committing on the UGA trip considering how many others were there on the trip too is a little bit telling. UGA did bump up the intensity for Holifield after they lost the Emmons commit but they should have bumped it up for EH a while ago when they realized Emmons had no shot of qualifying academically.

Supposedly they have ramped it up for a month now.

Yeah, albeit somewhat quietly. They have known for much longer than that about Emmons though. But back to EH, if you look at his highlights sophomore to junior year, he has gotten to near elite status so have to keep the pressure on and bring him in for a stay.

Yeah, albeit somewhat quietly. They have known for much longer than that about Emmons though. But back to EH, if you look at his highlights sophomore to junior year, he has gotten to near elite status so have to keep the pressure on and bring him in for a stay.

JMO but I think EH is good but not elite or nor on the cusp. I think there are only 2 or 3 elite RBs in this weak RB class. Kareem Walker and Feaster are the only 2I have seen.

JMO but I think EH is good but not elite or nor on the cusp. I think there are only 2 or 3 elite RBs in this weak RB class. Kareem Walker and Feaster are the only 2I have seen.

I believe what you say E. but other than to have depth, why insist on getting 2 RBs in this class? i mean why not look at it like get one pretty good one, but if we miss on the really good ones then why sign average to mediocre RBs just to fill a class? Or am i looking at this the wrong way?

I believe what you say E. but other than to have depth, why insist on getting 2 RBs in this class? i mean why not look at it like get one pretty good one, but if we miss on the really good ones then why sign average to mediocre RBs just to fill a class? Or am i looking at this the wrong way?

AU is good with just taking 1 running back this year.

We are not insisting on 2. If we miss on EH we will continue recruiting the elite RBs in this class but the staff will be ok only getting Malik and moving on to a much deeper and better 2017 RB class.

Okay, great. I had gotten from all the chatter on the board that AU was looking to take 2 Rbs. Good to hear they aren't looking to fill up a class with bodies. It seems like we already have pretty good depth as it is.

Okay, great. I had gotten from all the chatter on the board that AU was looking to take 2 Rbs. Good to hear they aren't looking to fill up a class with bodies. It seems like we already have pretty good depth as it is.

If the 2017 class was not as loaded with RB's it would be a different story. 2017 is LOADED with RB's.

If the 2017 class was not as loaded with RB's it would be a different story. 2017 is LOADED with RB's.

And A Williams is already a solid AU lean

If 2017 is Loaded then why not only take one this year and move on...our Depth might be an issue next year unless JR is a one and done. As kids may look at it and say, "They are loaded, where is the playing time?" just an opinion though and others may say I can come in and take the crown...

If 2017 is Loaded then why not only take one this year and move on...our Depth might be an issue next year unless JR is a one and done. As kids may look at it and say, "They are loaded, where is the playing time?" just an opinion though and others may say I can come in and take the crown...

One in the hand, two in the bush, etc.

(God, we need an updated version of that saying.)

It has already been stated we may do that if we miss EH.

As they say in Russia, "if you start chasing two hares, you will catch none"

Well done, Barnacle!

I like this much better. MUCH better.

And Dixie, you're right. I knowingly opened that one up. I'm deserving of the inevitable "let's get back to Holyfield" coming from ellitor or golf in 3, 2...

PS- Chimes and gman totally made me laugh, though.

Archived