2016 4* RB Elijah Holyfield (UGA commit)

RunInRed

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"If she smokes, she pokes."

Am I doing it right?

A hand in the bush is worth....

Sorry, wrong forum.

You guys owe me a new keyboard! I was reading along drinking my morning tea when I read this and almost choked because of the tea trying to go the wind pipe...Just made my morning! :bow:

Anyone hear of any updates on Holyfield? Have not heard anything other than his last visits to UGA.

There's a VIP post on the BOL Roundtable with the title 'Wlijah Holyfield fits the Alabama mold'.

UGA is trending. I'm not ready to count him out.

Not counting us out but we are a longshot to UGA and Bama if that article is right.

Not counting us out but we are a longshot to UGA and Bama if that article is right.

Lol at that article. He wants to be the only true RB taken by a school this year. AU's scheme has nothing to do with it. Going to be interesting when he does commit to a school. See if that school takes just him or keeps recruiting another RB.

Lol at that article. He wants to be the only true RB taken by a school this year. AU's scheme has nothing to do with it. Going to be interesting when he does commit to a school. See if that school takes just him or keeps recruiting another RB.

I got the impression his high school coach does not like AU.

As did I.

As did I.

Woodward Academy. Private school in the South Atlanta/College Park area. That school is not a college football factory. It is hard to believe as a coach he has tons of interaction with D1 schools and coaches. Plus you would think he knows about his older brother walking on years ago,at AU. It must come from being a fan other other schools like UGA. I would still like to add Holyfield if possible. If we don't, I hope we stick with just one this year unless Feaster somehow decides ND is not what he wants.

Many have mentioned that next years class is loaded with RB talent.

Yeah if he likes AU and UGA then he might be SOL.

The problem I think he will have is that on the big stage, like the SEC, you just don't see schools typically take only 1 RB anymore. That doesn't mean he can't come in somewhere and become THE #1 option at his position. But if he is putting his eggs into that basket of wanting to be the only recruit at his position in a class he might have to look somewhere else.

That said, I would LOVE to have him at Auburn.

2 years ago, UGA got both Sony Michel and Nick Chubb to commit. A couple of years before that they got both Marshall and Gurley to commit. They don't usually take just one.

2 years ago, UGA got both Sony Michel and Nick Chubb to commit. A couple of years before that they got both Marshall and Gurley to commit. They don't usually take just one.

My point there exactly. Most of your major schools that use a big running game are ever gonna take just one back anymore.

Running backs get hurt that is why schools want two every year look at Georgia over last few years as an example.

• 3 weeks later...

He is keeping it close to the vest, but I did hear him say he had nothing bad to say about Auburn and that was probably why they lead. After he said this he said no one led when he was asked directly.

Coach Malzahn will sign 2 RB's for 2016. As it stands now, I could be wrong but I think we only have 4 true running backs on scholarship year.

Soph, Peyton Barber

Jr, Jovon Robinson

Soph, Roc Thomas

T-Fr, Kerryon Johnson

I really thought we had a great chance of getting Elijah. But no it seems like it's down to Georgia and UAT.

I really thought we had a great chance of getting Elijah. But no it seems like it's down to Georgia and UAT.

It's between UGA and us, but yes UGA is trending.

Narrowed list to Auburn, Alabama, UGA, Tennessee and South Carolina.

@EH_taught_me: I will be committing on September 4 at Woodward Academy. #12+1

Archived