2016 4* RB Elijah Holyfield (UGA commit)

RunInRed

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouch. That's both unoriginal AND didn't go well the last time a guy pulled that stunt. Hope he has a better path in Athens than Crowell did.

It was fine, I guess -- but it did kind of take the wind out of the sails of his announcement.

Congrats to him, though, on making his decision. Pups got a good one, it appears.

Just brought in 2 bulldog pups, so no surprises here.

I think the last running back that did this, Isaiah Crowell, didn't last at UGA very long. Hopefully he didn't jinx himself.

This is no big deal. We're hopefully going to have all of our RB's back next year in addition to Malik Miller. Jovon is still learning the offense, so I don't think he's going to be a one & done. We'll sign 2 top RB's for the 2017 class, so we're stacked at RB.

Kinda funny, his Dad rips UGA's education, wanted his son to go to Notre Dame ...

“I have a preference — I like Notre Dame, because Notre Dame I think would be good for him for the education,” Holyfield said.

Holyfield told USA Today's ForTheWin this week that he pushed his son to choose the Fighting Irish, even though they did not make up his final five - Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee.

“If you go to college you go to get an education. That’s why I tried to get him to go to Notre Dame," Holyfield said. “What are you going to do from 25-75? Education is the key. Life is more than football, just like life is more than boxing. I can’t say that Georgia can’t give him a good education, but only that at Notre Dame you’d be getting a $250,000 a year education instead of a $50,000 education.”

http://georgia.247sp...er-UGA-39289242

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got to hotel in ATL for the Panthers game. Same hotel as Rising Seniors. Met EH's mom, who is super nice. Ribbed her a little for choosing UGA and she laughed and said she was sorry and that they did love AU. She did say they were UGA at the moment but not if they lost any more coaches.

Also said that Cam invited a bunch of kids to the game and was spending time with them beforehand. Said EH was excited.

Falcons also stayed here last night.

• 5 months later...

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/why-elijah-holyfield-hates-orange-and-why-hell-be-amped-to-play-georgia-tech-every-year

DN: Who came in second?

EH: Auburn. … If Georgia and Auburn were running the 40-yard dash for me, then Auburn was at the 39 when Georgia finished first. They were neck-and-neck. I had a good relationship with coach (Gus) Malzahn and my parents really really liked him and (Auburn offensive coordinator) coach (Rhett) Lashlee. They kept recruiting me after I committed and when coach Richt got fired, they were the first school I heard from.

https://www.dawgnati...tech-every-year

DN: Who came in second?

EH: Auburn. … If Georgia and Auburn were running the 40-yard dash for me, then Auburn was at the 39 when Georgia finished first. They were neck-and-neck. I had a good relationship with coach (Gus) Malzahn and my parents really really liked him and (Auburn offensive coordinator) coach (Rhett) Lashlee. They kept recruiting me after I committed and when coach Richt got fired, they were the first school I heard from.

We slowed up just for a bit. The dogs pounced when we did.

And don'tr tease me like that bsci. Given your updates the past few days, when I saw there was a new post from you I thought you had found something like EH was not enrolling @ UGA & looking to transfer.

Archived