2016 4* RB Elijah Holyfield (UGA commit)

RunInRed

Auburn wants running back Elijah Holyfield to commit now

Elijah Holyfield has emerged as Auburn's top running back target in the 2016 class, and the coaching staff was pushing for a commitment when he returned to the Plains last weekend for the A-Day spring scrimmage.

"Yeah they want something now, but I'm going to wait for a little while," Holyfield said. "I'm just trying to keep a level head and try to wait it out and see everything."

"I've seen them in practice, but you can't really show everything in practice," Holyfield said. "Seeing all the running backs get to run today and seeing all the success they all had and and how mistake-free they were was real cool to see.

"Actually getting to see them play helps me understand some of the stuff they're doing. They're all pretty good. Roc had a pretty good day, but I know that any day the other two could go off too. It was pretty interesting to see."

Holyfield is good friends with defensive back Tray Matthews, who transferred from Georgia to Auburn last year. Matthews was named the defensive MVP of the A-Day game and has played a part in Holyfield's recruitment.

"He's been a mentor to me and helped me see how the college life is," Holyfield said when asked about Matthews. "He's telling me all good things, how it's a family atmosphere down here and how he's been real welcomed. It's been nothing but good things for him."

Madison Academy's Malik Miller is among the other running back the Tigers are after in the 2016 class. Miller is heavily considering Auburn, Alabama and Florida State and spent some time with Holyfield on the Plains Saturday.

"They want two (running backs) in my class, that's what they're telling me," Holyfield said. "That's what's been said, but you never know. I think we'd make a pretty good tandem."

http://www.al.com/au...commitment.html

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish he would pull the trigger. I think it would help the class if he commits soon.

I wish he would pull the trigger. I think it would help the class if he commits soon.

No inside info here at all -- total shot in the dark; but it wouldn't shock me for him to announce something right after/during Big Cat Weekend.

No inside info here at all -- total shot in the dark; but it wouldn't shock me for him to announce something right after/during Big Cat Weekend.

Sounds good to me.

060ec21017e667e3f8041664f8fb7b6b9cc8bbaee97d2e4d120a4871b50911a5.jpg

Anybody local to his school seen him in person? Film looks all world and he ain't no small young man.

Anybody local to his school seen him in person? Film looks all world and he ain't no small young man.

He goes to a private school, Woodward Academy which is in South Atlanta. I have not seen him, but I think he is the real deal.

The private school thing is a double edged sword. Is it the K. Frazier side or the M. Dyer and T. Williams side? In other words, is this the "we recruit athletes" private schools or these "the rich kids that parents have a ton of money so they play" kind?

The private school thing is a double edged sword. Is it the K. Frazier side or the M. Dyer and T. Williams side? In other words, is this the "we recruit athletes" private schools or these "the rich kids that parents have a ton of money so they play" kind?

Khiel came from a 1a private school in Arkansas. Tre Williams came from St. Pius a 4A private school. Big difference in talent. Woodward Academy in Atlanta I believe is 4A Private. They play against talent.

More correctly stated Woodward Academy is a 4A school that happens to be private. Georgia classifications go up to 6A.

More correctly stated Woodward Academy is a 4A school that happens to be private. Georgia classifications go up to 6A.

Yes but even their 3A teams are better than many 6A teams from many states.

He goes to a private school, Woodward Academy which is in South Atlanta. I have not seen him, but I think he is the real deal.

I think that's his dad.

Top running back target for us is all I need to hear.

To put into perspective: Auburn HS a Super 32 AL school lost to Sandy Creek HS last year. Sandy Creek is in the same region as Woodward and lost the region championship to them last year. Private school football in GA is much different than many other states in terms of quality, especially in the upper tier schools such as Marist, St. Pius, Woodward, and Lovett. TIFWIW

FWIW, St. Paul's is 5A in AL. they, too, are playing in a big school classification, and happen to be a private school.

FWIW, St. Paul's is 5A in AL. they, too, are playing in a big school classification, and happen to be a private school.

There's McGill also & there 7A however Private school Ball overall in this state is not very good.

To put into perspective: Auburn HS a Super 32 AL school lost to Sandy Creek HS last year. Sandy Creek is in the same region as Woodward and lost the region championship to them last year. Private school football in GA is much different than many other states in terms of quality, especially in the upper tier schools such as Marist, St. Pius, Woodward, and Lovett. TIFWIW

For even more perspective 6A Colquitt County Georgia state champions this year. They beat Hoover of Alabama also state Champions 35-14. Enrollment numbers per GHSA for Colquitt County 2346. Enrollment numbers per AHSAA for Hoover 1978. Enrollment numbers per GHSA for Woodward Academy 1103. Sandy Creek enrollment numbers 1207 per GHSA. Auburn HS enrollment numbers per AHSAA 1626.

For even more perspective 6A Colquitt County Georgia state champions this year. They beat Hoover of Alabama also state Champions 35-14. Enrollment numbers per GHSA for Colquitt County 2346. Enrollment numbers per AHSAA for Hoover 1978. Enrollment numbers per GHSA for Woodward Academy 1103. Sandy Creek enrollment numbers 1207 per GHSA. Auburn HS enrollment numbers per AHSAA 1626.

That is all very interesting. Back to GA. Buford, which I think may have moved up to 3A could beat most team in the country, and could give any 6A school in GA a run for their money and they are a Public school. They do recruit and parents send kids their because of their program too. They are an amazing powerhouse of a program considering their size.

That is all very interesting. Back to GA. Buford, which I think may have moved up to 3A could beat most team in the country, and could give any 6A school in GA a run for their money and they are a Public school. They do recruit and parents send kids their because of their program too. They are an amazing powerhouse of a program considering their size.

Buford also has a better competitive advantage than anyone could imagine with their selective enrollment and ridiculously low tuition rates to attend Buford City Schools if you live out of district. What they've been able to do is very impressive no doubt but without the controlled enrollment and selective entrance of out of district students they don't win on the level they have over the last 10-15 years. If you don't bring something to the table athletically or academically you can't attend from out of district. They would've won the state championship in every classification in GA this year with the exception of MAYBE 6A bc Archer and Colquitt could match up with them up front and both schools had better athletes.

Sorry for the GHSA diatribe. Back to Holyfield, he's the best back in the 4A level in GA and probably the best overall back in the state. AU needs to lock him down ASAP.

Anyway back to Holyfield, things look very good w' AU.

If you guys want to continue random high school football talk start a new thread or go to PMs.

I think that's his dad.

Top running back target for us is all I need to hear.

Nice ;D

Archived