2016 4* RB Elijah Holyfield (UGA commit)

RunInRed

Because it is not "hype", it is reality. Past recruiting wars show we do not fair very well against bama for recruits they make a high priority. It is not because the fans on this board are "Less" a fan than the ones who refuse to acknowledge facts. I don't think this means anyone has "Little brother syndrome" either. The thing that bothers me most on this sight is the way Auburn men and women personally attack fellow Auburn men and women. We are better than that.

We have plenty on this site that have "little brother syndrome" lol, and also I'm pretty sure he means that he doesn't know why people think that Bama will get every single recruit they want no matter the circumstances. I believe Tennessee and UGA are much more of a treat to Holyfield than Alabama is.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've done OK getting RBs drafted. It's just a matter of where he wants to be (or who sweetens the deal in some cases)

Any word here?

Nothing new. He's dragging his decision out tip late in his senior season or just after. AU still leads but UGA is ramping things up.

Visited UGA yesterday and said he had a "great" visit and has no leaders. LINK

It's AU then uga.

Yep, just reporting what the Dawg site is saying. Definitely want him at AU!

Holyfield recently visited UGA and is going back again this weekend. For whatever reason UGA coaches are getting their recruits to visit multiple times before they even come back to Auburn. So the leg-humpers definitely have the momentum.

What's the scoop? Looks like momentum swinging to UGA...

lol. You just answered your own question.

The pups were the first to offer EH and have ramped things up the past month. It's a tight race now and they may actually lead.

The pups were the first to offer EH and have ramped things up the past month. It's a tight race now and they may actually lead.

Nah, the question was why not if. All reports were that we were prepared to accept his commitment and were pushing him to do so. The fact that all it took was a previously committed 4* back to de-commit from them for him to show that kind of interest just tells me he's been a uga lean all along.

Nah, the question was why not if. All reports were that we were prepared to accept his commitment and were pushing him to do so. The fact that all it took was a previously committed 4* back to de-commit from them for him to show that kind of interest just tells me he's been a uga lean all along.

The interest was there long before the RB decommitted. My opinion was Holyfield was dragging things til UGA was ready to come hard after him which actually started a month ago. Same conclusion as you on the UGA lean, just a different route.

BTW if we miss on EH the staff is ok with only taking Miller in this class @ RB but they will still pursue a few select guys. The 2017 RB class appears to be much deeper & better.

Keith Niebuhr just CB'd him to UGA today.

Wouldn't be surprised if it happens today on his visit.

Since Georgia's RB decommitted and we picked up Malik, he my be gone.

He could be the type who wants to be the only RB in a class. The staff thought the pursuit of others may push him away.

He could be the type who wants to be the only QB in a class. The staff thought the pursuit of others may push him away.

Yep. Now that Malik is in the fold at RB not FB Holyfield may be all uga. The question is will uga recruit another RB? If so that would open things back up.

He could be the type who wants to be the only RB in a class. The staff thought the pursuit of others may push him away.

I don't think so .. UGA has a tendency to take 2 RBs one year, 1 the next in almost a pattern. Based on that, this is a "take two year" although next year could be as well. Pops loves UGA but told him to choose for himself where he wants to go. If he doesn't commit this weekend, EH left there unconvinced.

I don't think so .. UGA has a tendency to take 2 RBs one year, 1 the next in almost a pattern. Based on that, this is a "take two year" although next year could be as well. Pops loves UGA but told him to choose for himself where he wants to go. If he doesn't commit this weekend, EH left there unconvinced.

Which pops? His stepdad has more influence than Evander from the reports I have seen.

Which pops? His stepdad has more influence than Evander from the reports I have seen.

Notice I didn't say he wanted to go to UGA because pops wants him to. But Evander has said he loves UGA but doesn't want to see him pick any place because of what he likes.

Notice I didn't say he wanted to go to UGA because pops wants him to. But Evander has said he loves UGA but doesn't want to see him pick any place because of what he likes.

So when you say Pops you are referring to Evander not the stepdad?

Seems as though Auburn may not be out of this one after all.

I guess so. He did not commit when he went to UGA.

Archived