***2015 National Signing Day - NLI Signature Discussion Thread***

RunInRed

Well if they are allowed to do it electronically, then that's the system that needs to be used. Take the high school coach out of the loop. They are too invested in getting kids to a certain school sometimes for various reasons.

I agree. Also think NSD should be held on a Saturday instead of a school day as well. This would help keep the coaches from holding a kid down and trying to talk them in to changing their mind.

Nothing will ever prevent this. Coaches would be there on Saturdays if it was that day instead of Wednesday.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If and I repeat if, what has been reported about the coach is true, then he should be fired on the spot. If I were a school administrator, I would immediately relieve him of his coaching duties. You probably can't fire him outright because of things like tenure and such but you can relieve him of his coaching duties.

Hoke just tweeted that he turned down a greyshirt offer from AU.

Wait, Hoke was going to greyshirt?

:rollin:

Well if they are allowed to do it electronically, then that's the system that needs to be used. Take the high school coach out of the loop. They are too invested in getting kids to a certain school sometimes for various reasons.

I agree. Also think NSD should be held on a Saturday instead of a school day as well. This would help keep the coaches from holding a kid down and trying to talk them in to changing their mind.

Nothing will ever prevent this. Coaches would be there on Saturdays if it was that day instead of Wednesday.

No but once an announcement is made then the family and the kid go home away for the coach, or somewhere else to fax the LOI. Either way the coach doesn't have all day to strong arm a kid.

Wonder why Cowart, Colbert and J Davis haven't faxed their papers in yet.

I swear if I didn't know any better, you love nothing more than to troll the heck out of AUF!

Cowart tweeted he going to auburn no matter what his letter will be fact by 4...his coach wants him at Auburn.I heard his dad DB coach at FL

His dad is not the coach at FL. It's been reported that the coach's son is the DB coach at FL.

Gus Malzahn confirms Auburn has received the NLI from Byron Cowart, No. 1 player/DE in the nation.

I didn't know where else to put it, but I wanted to congratulate the coaches and now Auburn student athletes. I hope they enjoy their time at Auburn as much as I did.

War Eagle!

Any word on where this class measures up in the recruiting rankings so far for this year? I assume we crept in to the top 10, right?

Did CeCe send in his NLI to FL or is he still holding it hostage?

He's faxing his in in the morning.

If we miss on Godwin, we should put the full court press on CeCe. Doubt it would work, but we could try

Archived