***2015 National Signing Day - NLI Signature Discussion Thread***

RunInRed

I say the coaches email him another NLI and Byron print it out then email it back. No more fax garbage.

Don't you think if emailing it was allowed that they'd be doing that instead of using 90's technology?

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say the coaches email him another NLI and Byron print it out then email it back. No more fax garbage.

Don't you think if emailing it was allowed that they'd be doing that instead of using 90's technology?

I guess but I always thought the faxing thing was tradition.

I'm sure many of you know this already but for those that don't, per what Craig Haubert (ESPN) just said a few minutes ago, Cowart has only signed one LOI. He continued by saying his is 95% AU but wants to see what CC Jefferson does. Not sure if that has a huge effect on him ending up on the plains but we shall see. Should be resolved w/in the hour.

Actually he said that the coach was told to fax it, but the coach wants him to wait until 2:30 for some other kid that is supposed to commit to Flordia. Hoping it changes Cowart's mind I guess. But then thee was some discussion about Cowert's coaches son coaches at UF and that it's a pipeline school for them. Sounds like a recruiting violation on Flordia part If you ask me.

Tradition dictated by NCAA. Sorry if I was a bit snarky. I need to log off and actually get some work done today at some point.

Regardless he's headed to Auburn.

That would be late 70s/80's tech...young kids. :-P

I'm sure many of you know this already but for those that don't, per what Craig Haubert (ESPN) just said a few minutes ago, Cowart has only signed one LOI. He continued by saying his is 95% AU but wants to see what CC Jefferson does. Not sure if that has a huge effect on him ending up on the plains but we shall see. Should be resolved w/in the hour.

Actually he said that the coach was told to fax it, but the coach wants him to wait until 2:30 for some other kid that is supposed to commit to Flordia. Hoping it changes Cowart's mind I guess. But then thee was some discussion about Cowert's coaches son coaches at UF and that it's a pipeline school for them. Sounds like a recruiting violation on Flordia part If you ask me.

Be hard to prove. More of an ethical or lack there of on Cowarts HS coach.

I agree with you. It would take Cowart actually telling us what happened today to really know. And probably a paper trail before anything is done about it. Which I'm sure doesn't exist.

Tradition dictated by NCAA. Sorry if I was a bit snarky. I need to log off and actually get some work done today at some point.

haha you're fine man. Just act like you're doing work like I am and all will be good.

I agree with you. It would take Cowart actually telling us what happened today to really know. And probably a paper trail before anything is done about it. Which I'm sure doesn't exist.

This should be electronic and not dependent on coaches

Cowart will wind up at Auburn. This will all get sorted out and it might end up being the impetus for the NCAA to get off their fat ass and change the rules for NLI and allow electronic instead of requiring fax. Of course they have been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century about everything else so who knows.

Cowart will wind up at Auburn. This will all get sorted out and it might end up being the impetus for the NCAA to get off their fat ass and change the rules for NLI and allow electronic instead of requiring fax. Of course they have been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century about everything else so who knows.

You are very much allowed to email your NLI there is usually an article about it every year. Most people/schools just choose not to do it.

You are very much allowed to email your NLI there is usually an article about it every year. Most people/schools just choose not to do it.

Indeed. In fact, UNC got a NLI this morning via a picture attached to a text message.

was this expected? Anyone know why

Not expected. Can only assume that they are making room....but for what? Who knows.

Jeffer... oh... wait.

Well if they are allowed to do it electronically, then that's the system that needs to be used. Take the high school coach out of the loop. They are too invested in getting kids to a certain school sometimes for various reasons.

Well if they are allowed to do it electronically, then that's the system that needs to be used. Take the high school coach out of the loop. They are too invested in getting kids to a certain school sometimes for various reasons.

I agree. Also think NSD should be held on a Saturday instead of a school day as well. This would help keep the coaches from holding a kid down and trying to talk them in to changing their mind.

Archived