2015 5* OT Martez Ivey (Florida signee)

EagleDamnWar

Ok thanks. So the coaches feel confident about Ivey?

Ivey has been trending with us for a while. His childhood and adolescent team was Florida but he has liked AU all along.

Of course what I am hearing could be wrong, but still think he will be wearing Auburn Orange and Blue when all is said and done.

Yes he will

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ivey has been trending with us for a while. His childhood and adolescent team was Florida but he has liked AU all along.

Of course what I am hearing could be wrong, but still think he will be wearing Auburn Orange and Blue when all is said and done.

Yes he will

kis was set to commit to UF during the UA game. AU got him to hold off. His head is saying AU but his heart is ALL UF. Harrell worked Ivey hard last weekend. I'm saying he signs with UF.

Yes he will

kis was set to commit to UF during the UA game. AU got him to hold off. His head is saying AU but his heart is ALL UF. Harrell worked Ivey hard last weekend. I'm saying he signs with UF.

You are dead-on wrong. He will be an Auburn Tiger very soon.

Yes he will

Hope so.

Yes he will

Hope so.

I'm pretty pumped to see how this plays out. I've gotta say though, doc sounds pretty confident. I sure hope it's not in vain.

Yes he will

Hope so.

So do I. It's difficult for the head to win out over the heart, though. The fact that CC is already enrolled at Auburn may be pulling his heart this way, though.

I'm pretty pumped to see how this plays out. I've gotta say though, doc sounds pretty confident. I sure hope it's not in vain.

Doc is the ultimate "We're getting everybody" fan. Gotta love his spirit.

Indeed. Certainly can't fault a man for being optimistic. I'll not get my hopes up until we receive a LOI though. But hey, I'll definitely have my fingers crossed till then.

Indeed. Certainly can't fault a man for being optimistic. I'll not get my hopes up until we receive a LOI though. But hey, I'll definitely have my fingers crossed till then.

At that point, there's no sense in hoping any more.

Yes he will

Hope so.

So do I. It's difficult for the head to win out over the heart, though. The fact that CC is already enrolled at Auburn may be pulling his heart this way, though.

Oh there is so so much I could/want to say but this a family friendly site and I don't want to have to ban myself.

He'd get a shot at RT. That's for sure. Especially, if the coaches think Avery Young is a better fit inside. We've got so many moving (or movable) pieces on the OL that anyone with ability has a legit shot at starting. That's not a shot at the guys we have coming back. It's just an observation that we have a ton of positional flexibility with the guys on the roster (Golson has started at RT and could start at Center or Guard; Young has started at both Guard and Tackle; Coleman could easily slide inside; Smith could play outside but might be stronger inside... lots of options).

With Miller leaving Ivey is being told he will have a legit chance to start at AU day one. So we have that working for us.

Of all the many praises that have been sung about Ivey, that's probably the strongest one I've heard yet.

Even with Miller leaving, our OL is really deep and talented. That this guy has a chance to start as a true freshman says a lot about his potential.

Yes he will

Hope so.

Oh there is so so much I could/want to say but this a family friendly site and I don't want to have to ban myself.

What post quoted did you not care for?

I wonder if the fact that UF has only eight commits (all three star) and, no signs of gaining any momentum, will impact his decision?

Doesn't appear so but good question.

I don't think the class will affect his decision at all. If he chooses AU, he would choose us because his best friend is at AU and he likes the coaching staff. If he chooses UF, which at this point most people think is likely, it is because he loves the school. He would be willing to look past the coaches and the other recruits.

Some kids, like Lawson last year for AU, just really like a certain school. It is what it is. I hope he chooses AU but I will respect him either way.

Archived