2015 5* OT Martez Ivey (Florida signee)

EagleDamnWar

It's great for a recruiting pitch, but Ivey would have to be an incredible player if he is able to come in at 18 years old and start at RT considering who AU has available to play at the tackle spots, even without Pat Miller.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's great for a recruiting pitch, but Ivey would have to be an incredible player if he is able to come in at 18 years old and start at RT considering who AU has available to play at the tackle spots, even without Pat Miller.

It will be interesting to see. Tez is the highest rated OL in the country. He is an outstanding player. His run blocking is exceptional; he will need to work on pass blocking, only because he is coming for a running team.

Some folks who evaluate say he is more advance at this stage than Cam Robinson, the kid who stated as a pure freshman at bama.

Some folks who evaluate say he is more advance at this stage than Cam Robinson, the kid who stated as a pure freshman at bama.

Cam Robinson was a lot more physically ready to play right away.

Possibly. He's bigger. That's for sure. Bigger doesn't always equal better prepared. Hell, Ivey's already about the same size as Patrick Miller. I don't think Ivey is going to sit based on lack of size or strength. The better question is whether he fits with the right pieces on our front or whether Young or Smith or Leff give us the better option at RT (or LT for that matter).

Hell, Ivey's already about the same size as Patrick Miller.

No, he's not. Ivey is no bigger than ~270-275, and you can tell as he looks visibly thin. More importantly you can tell that Miller is carrying more muscle mass on his frame.

Robinson came to Alabama at 320+ pounds. His legs are absolute tree trunks.

If we get Ivey he will start at some point next year somewhere on the line. The kid can play and will take on more weight before next season anyway.

When you come in the Fall you don't gain much weight because of how much you burn during practice. If he comes at beginning of summer he might be able to add some muscle mass. As to his starting that is unlikely for a Freshman but not impossible. What makes it hard is how many talented experienced linemen we already have.

Ok thanks. So the coaches feel confident about Ivey?

Ivey has been trending with us for a while. His childhood and adolescent team was Florida but he has liked AU all along.

Of course what I am hearing could be wrong, but still think he will be wearing Auburn Orange and Blue when all is said and done.

Yes he will

kis was set to commit to UF during the UA game. AU got him to hold off. His head is saying AU but his heart is ALL UF. Harrell worked Ivey hard last weekend. I'm saying he signs with UF.

You are dead-on wrong. He will be an Auburn Tiger very soon.

Hope so.

So do I. It's difficult for the head to win out over the heart, though. The fact that CC is already enrolled at Auburn may be pulling his heart this way, though.

Oh there is so so much I could/want to say but this a family friendly site and I don't want to have to ban myself.

What post quoted did you not care for?

Uhh think about it. Be imaginative. Like I said I would have to ban myself

Ivey has been trending with us for a while. His childhood and adolescent team was Florida but he has liked AU all along.

Of course what I am hearing could be wrong, but still think he will be wearing Auburn Orange and Blue when all is said and done.

Yes he will

kis was set to commit to UF during the UA game. AU got him to hold off. His head is saying AU but his heart is ALL UF. Harrell worked Ivey hard last weekend. I'm saying he signs with UF.

Hope so.

So do I. It's difficult for the head to win out over the heart, though. The fact that CC is already enrolled at Auburn may be pulling his heart this way, though.

Oh there is so so much I could/want to say but this a family friendly site and I don't want to have to ban myself.

Dirty old man ;D

Yes he will

Hope so.

Dirty old man ;D

yep............. have I ever said how much I love Oregon Cheerleaders

With Miller leaving Ivey is being told he will have a legit chance to start at AU day one. So we have that working for us.

doubt it. Miller left because he wasn't even sure he would start.

With Miller leaving Ivey is being told he will have a legit chance to start at AU day one. So we have that working for us.

With Kozan Likely not ready for 2015 P Mill was likely going to start and guards be Drago and AY.

With Kozan Likely not ready for 2015 P Mill was likely going to start and guards be Drago and AY.

What?! That's bad news about Kozan!

What?! That's bad news about Kozan!

He will not have football contact til 2 a dats in August. It's one of those weird neck injuries.

I read where it said AK would not be allowed contact until 2 a days because of a weird neck injury. Is this in addition to the back injury or is this all the same injury?

I read where it said AK would not be allowed contact until 2 a days because of a weird neck injury. Is this in addition to the back injury or is this all the same injury?

I think it is all a part of the same injury. It might take Kozan a while but I would not count him out. Kid is a real player.

Everything I've heard/read says Kozan is a full go by fall. If that's true, he's starting. He's by far the best lineman on this roster. Outside or inside. Meta, I bet Miller is no more than 290. He's lanky. Also, keep in mind he started as a freshman at 270. Granted he got his butt whipped, but he still started.

Starting a true freshman offensive lineman is never ideal. You do it because you have to, not because you want to.

Everything I've heard/read says Kozan is a full go by fall. If that's true, he's starting. He's by far the best lineman on this roster. Outside or inside. Meta, I bet Miller is no more than 290. He's lanky. Also, keep in mind he started as a freshman at 270. Granted he got his butt whipped, but he still started.

Starting a true freshman offensive lineman is never ideal. You do it because you have to, not because you want to.

Didn't Zemba start as a freshmen

Yeah, Ziemba, Ramsey, and Pugh. That was a bad thing. We were a disaster upfront and made a change mid-season.

Yeah, Ziemba, Ramsey, and Pugh. That was a bad thing. We were a disaster upfront and made a change mid-season.

We were a disaster and then things improved after we moved the freshmen to starters at mid-season.

Archived