New Commitment

kingfish

He is under weight and very slow in the forty time for a DT. Why would this guy come to AU from Texas? Does anybody know the story on this comit?

Brian West

Height: 6-foot-4

Weight: 265 pounds

40-yard dash: 4.9 seconds

Saw this on the Dallas News. Its much different than what we have posted. He is rated the 59th best player in Texas.

This now sounds like a pretty good pickup. Texas is loaded with DTs this year so some will get away like West.

Somebody please tell me who to believe regarding these recruiting bio's. Geez Louise. How in the world can you have a disparity of 6'3" 237 and running a 5.4 to 6'4" 265 and a 4.9. You've gone from WTF :huh: to holy $h*# what a pick up. They need to bring this guy into a combine type atmosphere, get his true height and weight and 40 time and then fire the SOB that printed such gross misinformation.

Sorry for the rant, but I love the recruiting period and they have described two TOTALLY DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

IF this STAFF thinks he has the "right stuff" to become a TIGER, well, That is enough for me. Let's tell it like it is...They KNOW what they are doing. THEY have PROVEN it. :au:

Ahhh. The voice of reason speaks from the north. Calm yourself my son, our mentors are wise in their ways and have chosen only the bravest and most fit to go forth in battle. Listen not to the Raven, for he speaketh blasphemy against our exalted leader, Tommy of Tuberville. Fear not for he chooseth his army well.

War Eagle and ONE BATTLE AT A TIME!!!

Somebody please tell me who to believe regarding these recruiting bio's.  Geez Louise.  How in the world can you have a disparity of 6'3" 237 and running a 5.4 to 6'4" 265 and a 4.9.  You've gone from WTF :huh: to holy $h*# what a pick up.  They need to bring this guy into a combine type atmosphere, get his true height and weight and 40 time and then fire the SOB that printed such gross misinformation.

Sorry for the rant, but I love the recruiting period and they have described two TOTALLY DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

133042[/snapback]

Well maybe he hit a senior growth spurt, but knocking a half second off of the 40 time?

Ahhh.  The voice of reason speaks from the north.  Calm yourself my son, our mentors are wise in their ways and have chosen only the bravest and most fit to go forth in battle.  Listen not to the Raven, for he speaketh blasphemy against our exalted leader, Tommy of Tuberville.  Fear not for he chooseth his army well.

133053[/snapback]

LOL

Thanks for the laugh. I REALLY needed it!

WAR EAGLE...God Bless...O N E at a time. :au:

There is a lot of messed up 40 times on rivals. I bet most of them are not accurate. There is no way that guy runs a 5.4 and is getting big time offers. Most people can do that.

Somebody please tell me who to believe regarding these recruiting bio's.  Geez Louise.  How in the world can you have a disparity of 6'3" 237 and running a 5.4 to 6'4" 265 and a 4.9.  You've gone from WTF :huh: to holy $h*# what a pick up.  They need to bring this guy into a combine type atmosphere, get his true height and weight and 40 time and then fire the SOB that printed such gross misinformation.

133042[/snapback]

Maybe this will help.

He has grown an inch taller and added 20 pounds this year and is now 6-4, 260. He'll need to get quicker, faster and larger and has the frame to do that. Having said that, the Beaumont Ozen prep is arguably one of the most technically-sound DTs in a year in which the Lone Star State defensive tackle crop is absolutely loaded. West, who combines excellent use of his hands along with the "know-how", is a prospect to watch.

Brian West

Ht: 6-4 Wt: 260 40: 4.87

Position: DT

Projected as: DT

Position Rank: NR

Class: 2005 Senior

High School: Ozen HS

(Beaumont, TX)

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=1168798

Ahhh.  The voice of reason speaks from the north.  Calm yourself my son, our mentors are wise in their ways and have chosen only the bravest and most fit to go forth in battle.  Listen not to the Raven, for he speaketh blasphemy against our exalted leader, Tommy of Tuberville.  Fear not for he chooseth his army well.

133053[/snapback]

PARTY ON...BONUS!!!!!!! :big:

Archived