Missed Needs?

bootskii

We basically hit all our pressing needs. That is assuming all qualify. An elite DT would have been great but the two we got may turn out to be elite you never know. If nothing else they have the size to at least getting some PT and keeping our D-Line Fresh which will also allow them to grow as players for the next year.

Yes,! With the way defensive tackle recruiting started early last year I was hoping we would close on an elite guy.

Still great with muschamp.

We'll see who he wants in the next month

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Payne, Mack or some other great DT would have topped it off. We can never have enough DT's. What we were missing most last year was a strong push up the middle by the DL. Unless on of the red shirts comes through we only have one elite guy in the middle.

No, we didn't miss any needs. The primary needs coming into the day were DE, LB, CB, and WR, all of which were addressed nicely. It would have been a luxury to get a good enough prospect at DT to justify giving up one of the final potential slots, but next year's crop is too good to waste a scholarship on a space filler. Elijah Daniel and Monty Adams will be quite the formidable force starting inside, plus Lawrence, Russell, Swain, and Johnson.

Missed on a LT and a elite DL. Both of which AU will get in 2016. But AU wanted to sign at least one in 2015. Not a huge deal but still misses.

Neither of which fit into the category of "need". Considering the title of the thread is "missed needs", and my first sentence was, "No, we didn't miss any needs," I'm not sure what your disagreement with my post is...

Payne, Mack or some other great DT would have topped it off. We can never have enough DT's. What we were missing most last year was a strong push up the middle by the DL. Unless on of the red shirts comes through we only have one elite guy in the middle.

What we were missing last year was a consistent pass rush from the defensive line to keep QBs fro having all day to pick apart our coverage. To compensate for the injury to Carl Lawson, Elijah Daniel split time at end and tackle, whereas this year he will solely be playing tackle this season (providing for a second elite guy in the middle).

Yes, it is always great to have a plethora of big, athletic guys in the middle of the line, and thus we would have gladly taken an elite DT, we covered our needs there by signing a JUCO player to come in and provide depth right away, as well as a freshman to provide depth down the road (and potentially develop into a play maker).

No big time team should EVER depend on one guy for a pass rush

Cool. Let me find your Captain's hat, I'm sure I had it around here somewhere...

Cool. Let me find your Captain's hat, I'm sure I had it around here somewhere...

Yeah that was funny.....gotta love that doesn't make any sense on top of it's not funny humor lol

like!

Yeah that was funny.....gotta love that doesn't make any sense on top of it's not funny humor lol

LOL, I guess we all have some jokes go over our head. Let me help you with that.

Lol! Another one! You're killing it man don't slow up keep em coming! One is sure to be funny sooner or later!

Lol! Another one! You're killing it man don't slow up keep em coming! One is sure to be funny sooner or later!

Relax, man. Your original statement was about as informative as saying "Teams should always make sure to have the full 11 players on the field!"

I was just having a little fun with it. No need to get all sulky.

Well sorry it wasn't informative to you but after hearing everybody and their mama talk about our defense was bad because of us missing Lawson, I had to respond. How many times have you used your captain's hat joke on one of those posts that somebody says at least once every day?

Well sorry it wasn't informative to you but after hearing everybody and their mama talk about our defense was bad because of us missing Lawson, I had to respond. How many times have you used your captain's hat joke on one of those posts that somebody says at least once every day?

Well, if I used it all the time, it would quickly "lose it's shine". Don't take it so hard. I meant it to be funny, not hurtful.

As to the pass rush last year, we lost Dee Ford (to the NFL) and Lawson was pretty clearly our main plan for replacing much of that production. When a player goes down with injuries, it's a chance for others to step up and prove themselves. Unfortunately, not enough other players stepped up for us last year. It happens. Hopefully this year will be a significant improvement! War Eagle!

Archived