Missed Needs?

bootskii

We better hit on that punter....

We also better hit on the DE, RB, Ol and in particular, the DB signees. If not, the staff messed up by offering them scholarships!

AU did hit on the ones you mentioned besides an true LT. Moose is VERY VERY happy with the DB class. The C. Davis kid is going to be special. Come on with concerns about the RB's. Signed to ELITE kids. KJ is a 5* talent.

Turn on your humor detector, PLEASE! I was poking fun at cole256's inane comment about the punter, :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We also better hit on the DE, RB, Ol and in particular, the DB signees. If not, the staff messed up by offering them scholarships!

AU did hit on the ones you mentioned besides an true LT. Moose is VERY VERY happy with the DB class. The C. Davis kid is going to be special. Come on with concerns about the RB's. Signed to ELITE kids. KJ is a 5* talent.

Turn on your humor detector, PLEASE! I was poking fun at cole245's inane comment about the punter, :)

:hellyeah:

We only signed one punter who you all said is coming in to play immediately. That's different than all the other recruits

Only time will tell but I believe that Shannon will be able to come in and take the punting job over thus take some of the pressure off of Carlson. I could be wrong but I do think we had one person handle all of the kicking duties once before in the TB tenure I believe.

Turn on your humor detector, PLEASE! I was poking fun at cole256's inane comment about the punter, :)/>

Only thing inane is you, I could care less about your love of a punter

Only time will tell but I believe that Shannon will be able to come in and take the punting job over thus take some of the pressure off of Carlson. I could be wrong but I do think we had one person handle all of the kicking duties once before in the TB tenure I believe.

For some reason, cole256 hates the idea of having a punter on scholarship. Most people don't have that problem since a poor punting game can ruin a season as fast as a poor anything else can.

Missed on a LT and a elite DL. Both of which AU will get in 2016. But AU wanted to sign at least one in 2015. Not a huge deal but still misses.

That was my thinking also.

No I don't like the thought have 3 or 4 punters on a team and none can punt so the kicker has to. I also don't like hypocrites. I also don't like people who try to manipulate words to make a point

I wouldn't consider this class having any misses. They're all guys.

:rolleyes:

Okay, seriously, I wouldn't really say that there are any misses because this staff has demonstrated a very solid ability to recruit their needs offensively, and now with Muschamp and crew in place on D, being lights out in a short amount of time, this staff can now recruit all needs for D as well...to the tune of a top 10 ranking. Nobody was missed out on that AU "had to have" this year and next year they'll take care of next year's needs. Assuming this staff does stay together for at least a couple or three years, we'll see 1 or 2 top ranked classes I expect..

I don't understand people with these comments about missing on DT. Swain is a proven power in JUCO. I know that doesn't always translate to the SEC, but it's not like he is some 18 yr old straight out of highschool. And Johnson is no slouch. 6.2/330 and had offers from schools synonymous with D. Johnson & Swain may only be 3* on some of the sites, but they look very good on paper and film.

Personally I believe the coaches hit exactly what they thought we needed and the truth is they get paid a lot more than we do to determine that.

So great class coaches. Behind you 100%.

WDE!

I wouldn't say we had misses,but I would have liked to see one more DT and a true LT like Ivey.I was really worried about WR position but we finished well there after all was said and done.Really good class IMO.

I think the class is very good and balanced. That being said, we were behind the 8 ball in D recruiting until CWM took over. I saw an interview on ESPN with Freeze talking about their recruiting plan and that it started again for them immediately jumping onto 2016 recruits. I know our staff will get a small break now but I hope they too turn immediatly to 2016. With all the rotation we do, we need to bring in those Dline recruits.

No I don't like the thought have 3 or 4 punters on a team and none can punt so the kicker has to. I also don't like hypocrites. I also don't like people who try to manipulate words to make a point

You've been informed time and time again that we have ONE punter on scholarship. The others are walkons. Yet you continue to harp on a situation you know to be false. If you do that, people are going to comment on it.

You've been informed time and time again that we have ONE punter on scholarship. The others are walkons. Yet you continue to harp on a situation you know to be false. If you do that, people are going to comment on it.

He didn'f say anything about them being on scholarship. Just that he doesn't like 3 or 4 punters who can't punt so the kicker has to do it.

He didn'f say anything about them being on scholarship. Just that he doesn't like 3 or 4 punters who can't punt so the kicker has to do it.

You have obviously not been a party to the several prior conversations in which Cole256 insisted that we DO have four punters on scholarship. Tell him how to look up a roster and prove that there's one punter on scholarship and a week or so later he's back harping about "too many scholarships being used by punters". His gripe up-thread was a continuation of an earlier gripe he had about offering Shannon "when punters are already using up three or four scholarships".

You have obviously not been a party to the several prior conversations in which Cole256 insisted that we DO have four punters on scholarship. Tell him how to look up a roster and prove that there's one punter on scholarship and a week or so later he's back harping about "too many scholarships being used by punters". His gripe up-thread was a continuation of an earlier gripe he had about offering Shannon "when punters are already using up three or four scholarships".

Oh I was just referring to the one post I quoted, my bad!

There was no way for you to know unless you'd been in on the previous discussions. No "bad" on your part.

No you keep harping on one post trying to manipulate because you're stupid. And you keep calling yourself explaining to people what I'm saying like you can speak for me because once again you're stupid. For whatever reason you're insecure that I don't feel the need of having 4 punters on a team at once, which of course I don't care

No you're right. I embellished jokingly we had 4 punters on scholarship and of course he had to come in because he feels like he is an enlightened gate keeper of recruiting because he randomly complains about linebackers and brags on how he is able to keep up on scholarship slots. But you're right as you can see I didn't mention scholarships at all

Elite LT and elite DT. I feel good about our other positions unless Williams & Holland do not qualify at LB. We desperately need these guys to qualify seeing as we are losing 5 LB's next year.

We basically hit all our pressing needs. That is assuming all qualify. An elite DT would have been great but the two we got may turn out to be elite you never know. If nothing else they have the size to at least getting some PT and keeping our D-Line Fresh which will also allow them to grow as players for the next year.

Archived