New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NO MORE LIVE STREAM??

I guess ill actually have to work at work now.

My thoughts exactly. :angry:

I wonder if they are about to start the testing of the video board and they don't want us to see the testing. This would allow for a wow effect when you first see it in use. I don't want to wait, so, we can we get a student to be on top of Haley Center and make a video of the testing for us when testing starts. I just can wait until the first game to see the video board in action. :)

Regarding the back ...

Two screens are slated for install next summer. In the interim they will fill the void with two canvas graphics.

Regarding the back ...

Two screens are slated for install next summer. In the interim they will fill the void with two canvas graphics.

Interesting... Can you reveal your source?

Regarding the back ...

Interesting... Can you reveal your source?

No ... but let's put it this way, if this person isn't in the know, we've got a serious right hand/left hand issue going on! ;)

Is the stream up to date? It looks like its night time there... and it looks like alarm lights are going off in the stadium...

Looks like the stream has 4 hours of stream up, and its from this morning... no longer live :(

I don't know if I'm in the minority here, but I really am against the screens on the back of the board, for a couple of reasons.

1. If you've been back there, you know that there are trees everywhere. Who are they expecting to see these screens?

2. The aspect ratio is way off. They are tall and thin screens, which means if they want to show video on them, they are going to have to either stretch the heck out of it or have ugly borders on the top and bottom.

3. If you are able to see the screen, and it is a decent picture, why would you pay to go into the stadium when you can just watch it from your RV and drink a beer?

4. So we have this pot of money, right? And we've decided we're going to spend it on athletics. We build the biggest video board in CFB, and it's great. We upgrade the sound system. We upgrade the banner boards. And one of the biggest things that's keeping us from finishing the stadium off with a renovation of the North Endzone is money... Seems to me we'd be best off putting the extra money into the North Endzone rather than adding 2 screens to a videoboard that if you pay to go to the game, you won't even see!

tl;dr: I think the screens are ridiculous and a misuse of funds.

One, if you're the kind of person driving into the mess of traffic on gameday, you're probably the kind of person that would like to be in the stadium. I don't think the chance to watch it on the back of the stadium is really going to dissuade anyone from going into the stadium.

Two, I bet they have a regular aspect ratio video with boxscore info and a ticker below. That's what I'd do.

I doubt there will be any gameplay on them at all. More likely player profiles, stats, graphics, game hype and tons of advertising. They will (more than likely) be similar to a mall media board rather than a stadium video board. IMO

Digital-Board-2-new.png

I doubt there will be any gameplay on them at all. More likely player profiles, stats, graphics, game hype and tons of advertising. They will (more than likely) be similar to a mall media board rather than a stadium video board. IMO

Digital-Board-2-new.png

Maybe I'm just a minimalist, but I prefer to have something like this:

ext3.jpg

to something like this:

BNt3ChcCYAAlsIU.jpg

Some of you haven't been able to see the jumBOtron in person yet. This photo gives you an idea of the scale of the videoboard when you see the worker near the bottom of the photo. This photo was from a week ago.

Scoreboard_zpsv3cqzvh2.jpg

I don't know if I'm in the minority here, but I really am against the screens on the back of the board, for a couple of reasons.

1. If you've been back there, you know that there are trees everywhere. Who are they expecting to see these screens?

2. The aspect ratio is way off. They are tall and thin screens, which means if they want to show video on them, they are going to have to either stretch the heck out of it or have ugly borders on the top and bottom.

3. If you are able to see the screen, and it is a decent picture, why would you pay to go into the stadium when you can just watch it from your RV and drink a beer?

4. So we have this pot of money, right? And we've decided we're going to spend it on athletics. We build the biggest video board in CFB, and it's great. We upgrade the sound system. We upgrade the banner boards. And one of the biggest things that's keeping us from finishing the stadium off with a renovation of the North Endzone is money... Seems to me we'd be best off putting the extra money into the North Endzone rather than adding 2 screens to a videoboard that if you pay to go to the game, you won't even see!

tl;dr: I think the screens are ridiculous and a misuse of funds.

Dang engineers, always pessimistic... ;D

Regarding the back ...

Thanks for the confirmation. I knew those cat walks weren't just for looks, lol.

Definitely will be used for ads, football related graphics, and pre-game hype videos.

Archived