New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

That off center support is kind of odd. I sort of wish I had not seen that lol.

I somehow missed that we no longer recognized 'Tiger Eyes'.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The steel is an eye sore anyway. I hope that when they start the master plan at the end of next football season that putting a brick facade over it is part of the project.

2z4xn42.jpg

of6ccj.jpg

Any idea what these holes are for?

A large AU, also the banners on each side will be mosaics using ATH dept photos. One of an eagle and one of rolled toomers I'm told ...

I know after this season and before next they are putting up video boards on the back (previously mentioned on this thread). Canvas banners for this season.

Why is the superstructure off center of the actual scoreboard?

Its not. That picture is at an angle and it just appears to be off center.

gallery_52045_195_533742.png

The main support tower is off center, as highlighted here. It's bothered me for a while. My guess is the McCartney Plaza forced them to shift it to the right.

You're right. I went back to page 50 something to see the back side of the structure. It does have an add on piece that looks like stairs from a distance but could very well just be triangulated supports instead of stairs.

The steel is an eye sore anyway. I hope that when they start the master plan at the end of next football season that putting a brick facade over it is part of the project.

That's an opinion....seems however that exposed steel structure is pretty common/popular architectural concept these days. JMO but I think it looks pretty good....nice geometrical perspective....and IMO looks better than a brick covering that will look like the great wall of China or something.

could someone rotate the pics of the scoreboard? I cannot do this; I did try though.

Auburn does not recognize the tiger eyes anymore. I would love for it to be the flying eagle we used to have flying through the A, although without the A. That would add a little tradition and would look awesome.

Yes they do. It's an official secondary logo. The interlocking AU is primary.

Auburn does not recognize the tiger eyes anymore. I would love for it to be the flying eagle we used to have flying through the A, although without the A. That would add a little tradition and would look awesome.

Good to hear WT. I always thought the "eyes" were pretty cool. When did they become a logo for AU? I know they weren't around in '57. Since I was in the USMC and traveled around a lot I didn't know a lot of what was going on at AU. No internet in the dark ages. I remember the first time I saw them I was really impressed.

ok. I am glad to hear it. I thought i had read something a while back that we were moving away from the eyes. I have not seen it used either recently. I like the eyes.

Agreed. At least it is temporary. It looks like a black and white version of "Starry Night".

Is it certain that it is temporary? Will 2 video boards definitely be placed on the back?

B & W of Toomers Oaks after they've been rolled. Personally, i like it.

No visiting team fans will know what that is. Shoot, not even half of Auburn fans will be able to recognize it. I can't even see it. It looks extremely cheap, which it is.

Agreed. At least it is temporary. It looks like a black and white version of "Starry Night".

Is it certain that it is temporary? Will 2 video boards definitely be placed on the back?

al.com article cited a few pages back quotes Jacobs as saying the final determination has not been made yet. Video boards are one of the options being considered.

Archived