New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. At least it is temporary. It looks like a black and white version of "Starry Night".

Is it certain that it is temporary? Will 2 video boards definitely be placed on the back?

al.com article cited a few pages back quotes Jacobs as saying the final determination has not been made yet. Video boards are one of the options being considered.

I just wonder what else they could put there.

B & W of Toomers Oaks after they've been rolled. Personally, i like it.

I had no idea that was Toomers Oaks when rolled. Cool when I think about it, but it is not obvious when looking at the picture.

No visiting team fans will know what that is. Shoot, not even half of Auburn fans will be able to recognize it. I can't even see it. It looks extremely cheap, which it is.

Good grief, you need more to worry about.

It jumped off the picture when I looked at it, no doubt what that image is.

Saw it in person yesterday. Knew immediately what it was. Looked just great to me. And I couldn't give 2 flips whether any visiting fan knows what it is or not. It is not for them.

No visiting team fans will know what that is. Shoot, not even half of Auburn fans will be able to recognize it. I can't even see it. It looks extremely cheap, which it is.

I knew exactly what it was when I saw it. :dunno:

Good grief, you need more to worry about.

It jumped off the picture when I looked at it, no doubt what that image is.

We'll aren't you some kind of special person then.

I'm surprised they are covering the speaker area like that. I think a painted blue metal mesh (like a speaker grate) look with the interlocking AU painted on it would have been a better look. Maybe this is something temporary??

The center AU to cover speakers is being put up!

Capture.jpg

via @AUeagleTrainer

It concerns me that the scoreboard is showing 6 zones in which they will be releasing spiders... Hopefully those zones are in the opposing teams' sections?

I'm surprised they are covering the speaker area like that. I think a painted blue metal mesh (like a speaker grate) look with the interlocking AU painted on it would have been a better look. Maybe this is something temporary??

Thought the same. They could implement some nice design elements into a cover. Hopefully temporary.

The center AU to cover speakers is being put up!

Capture.jpg

via @AUeagleTrainer

It concerns me that the scoreboard is showing 6 zones in which they will be releasing spiders... Hopefully those zones are in the opposing teams' sections?

LOL, my wife would never attend an AU game again. Yes, I think spiders would keep her away.

A+

Thought the same. They could implement some nice design elements into a cover. Hopefully temporary.

I'm a little surprised too, but I understand it. I am assuming it is an "acoustically transparent" fabric, which makes sense from an audio standpoint. I would hope that it is stretched tight enough that it won't be flapping in the breeze. It will have to be replaced every few years, if not annually, but I suspect changing the design is not in the plans. Just my guess.

I'm a little surprised too, but I understand it. I am assuming it is an "acoustically transparent" fabric, which makes sense from an audio standpoint. I would hope that it is stretched tight enough that it won't be flapping in the breeze. It will have to be replaced every few years, if not annually, but I suspect changing the design is not in the plans. Just my guess.

Certainly it's temporary

My same thoughts...

What happened to the mesh that they released on the official rendering?

Archived