New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching it go up on an almost daily basis, it was so neat seeing it lit up from my condo balcony yesterday.

There are holes drilled into the back of the metal cladding in the middle. I'll post pictures in the next hour and show what I'm talking about. I believe possibly large tiger eyes or an AU will be mounted.

It would be nice to have the first game (Louisville) as a warm up on the new video board. I would pay a reasonable fee to watch the game and they could make sure the bugs are out. I bet my wife, two daughter, their husbands and grandkids would join me as well along with many other Auburn fans. I just can't wait to see this thing in live action.

Astounding......so how many wind turbines were installed to enable us to generate the 2000kWH or so that it will take to keep those lights on for a typical game? Are we adding to our carbon footprint?

2z4xn42.jpg

of6ccj.jpg

Any idea what these holes are for?

I was looking at those the other day when I passed through town, Logan. My guess is a big A U. But, that's just a guess.

I wish for Tiger eyes. Only because we already have that giant AU on the side of the stadium facing campus.

Auburn does not recognize the tiger eyes anymore. I would love for it to be the flying eagle we used to have flying through the A, although without the A. That would add a little tradition and would look awesome.

2z4xn42.jpg

of6ccj.jpg

Any idea what these holes are for?

A large AU, also the banners on each side will be mosaics using ATH dept photos. One of an eagle and one of rolled toomers I'm told ...

Why is the superstructure off center of the actual scoreboard?

Its not. That picture is at an angle and it just appears to be off center.

gallery_52045_195_533742.png

The main support tower is off center, as highlighted here. It's bothered me for a while. My guess is the McCartney Plaza forced them to shift it to the right.

Why is the superstructure off center of the actual scoreboard?

Its not. That picture is at an angle and it just appears to be off center.

gallery_52045_195_533742.png

The main support tower is off center, as highlighted here. It's bothered me for a while. My guess is the McCartney Plaza forced them to shift it to the right.

I don't think they know it. You should send them that picture. They will probably have to start over. :blink::o:timeout:

Auburn does not recognize the tiger eyes anymore. I would love for it to be the flying eagle we used to have flying through the A, although without the A. That would add a little tradition and would look awesome.

This would be nice.

We don't recognize the Tiger eyes anymore....?

The eagle thing would never happen. Far too old.

Archived