New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

The NCG is going to look awesome on this big screen for those who cannot afford to go to the game itself. I think the stadium will be packed out. War Eagle

Oh, yes it is!!!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just left campus with the family, my 6 year old said the people working on the top look as small as ants. It is massive

Here's a photo of the back side of the JumBOtron. You can see there are several holes in the back - I assume for electrical connections. So either a rear video board as has been rumored or more likely, a huge interlocking AU or some other marketing logo.

Also of interest, you'll notice a speaker pointed down toward where the Tiger Walk crowd congregates. I think it's a good move to have a couple of speakers for "the fans outside of Jordan-Hare Stadium" so they'll know when pregame festivities are about to begin.

JHS Jul 25

image.jpg

One other thing of critical importance...the outline grid for the field paint. We must be getting close.

Probably also gave some recruits a better visual of the playing field as they were walking around on it today.

Here's a photo of the back side of the JumBOtron. You can see there are several holes in the back - I assume for electrical connections. So either a rear video board as has been rumored or more likely, a huge interlocking AU or some other marketing logo.

Also of interest, you'll notice a speaker pointed down toward where the Tiger Walk crowd congregates. I think it's a good move to have a couple of speakers for "the fans outside of Jordan-Hare Stadium" so they'll know when pregame festivities are about to begin.

If they were putting video boards on the back, they'd need to jet out more. You can fit all that electrical in that small of space.

Ok so the thing is huge. But can I just say that it looks out of scale for J-Hare? I really get a sick feeling that it detracts from the beauty of the stadium. Forgive me for saying.

What is going to be done on the other end?

eventually a whole new endzone with either the pressbox or suites. No final plans have been made yet. Either put more boxes where current pressbox is, or build a new deck of boxes on north endzone.

Thanks to everyone that is posting pictures. Can't wait to see it in person.

What is going to be done on the other end?

They're going to put in another jumbotron just like the one going in the South end. That will make it symmetrical.

Ok so the thing is huge. But can I just say that it looks out of scale for J-Hare? I really get a sick feeling that it detracts from the beauty of the stadium. Forgive me for saying.

I'll reserve judgment til I go to a game but, going strictly by the photos, I agree.

I'll reserve judgment til I go to a game but, going strictly by the photos, I agree.

im right there with yall

Archived