New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So are they being taken down for good or being "fixed" and put back up?

For good. According to WarBloggle and his sources we used a different graphics company than we usually go to. The idea didn't translate well being that high up and the size of it. I say just leave the AU and wait until we can do the video boards.

cant help but think the open holes in the back will look worse than average quality murals??? I didn't hate the murals, but I have to admit, I could not "see" the oaks terribly well when it was first put up.

I'm sure they will put something up there, like a solid tarp, just to keep the rain out and off the electronics inside. That'll be just fine.

Amazing, we now have the best college football stadium video system in the nation and we are fussing about how the sheet metal covering looks on the outside of the stadium

The stadium screen race and envy continues.............

http://www.oudaily.com/sports/oklahoma-football-s-video-board-rivals-country-s-largest-screens/article_bbe6f554-3add-11e5-9aca-4be80ce04015.html

I guess Oklahoma just wants to improve their changes of getting into the SEC when the Big12 folds.

Amazing, we now have the best college football stadium video system in the nation and we are fussing about how the sheet metal covering looks on the outside of the stadium

Exactly. I don't care of the back of my phone is cracked as long as the screen looks great!

In all seriousness, I think the murals were a good-to-decent idea with poor execution. Those smaller thumbnail images in the tweet from that article looked good, and immediately recognizable. But it's hard to translate to the scale of this board.

Just find a matching gray tarp to cover it for now and call it a wash until the off season.

Absolutely terrible planning on the back of the scoreboard. I'm baffled any people ever found them visually pleasing. I'm glad they're going down, but annoyed that now we'll have an exposed backside to the scoreboard.

What goes up must come down at Auburn.

Auburn's brand new mosaic artwork installed Thursday on the back of its $13.9 million video scoreboard has been removed due to quality concerns among those inside the athletics department.

The two banners depicting images of Tiger, Auburn's live eagle mascot, and the live oaks at Toomer's Corner, were shaded in the incorrect color (gray), an Auburn official told AL.com. The left banner, with Tiger, was also too small for the large opening on the back side of the video board.

The entire project will be re-evaluated, and the plan is for new banners to be installed by mid-season. Auburn has not divulged the financial details of the project, but it certainly wasn't cheap.

The original rendering was a mosaic with photos of Auburn staff and student-athletes comprising the larger pictures of the eagle and Toomer's Corner. The individual images inside the mosaic, however, were only visible when seen up close.

Auburn's first home game at Jordan-Hare Stadium is scheduled for Sept. 12 against Jacksonville State.

http://www.al.com/au...ners_remov.html

What goes up must come down at Auburn.

Auburn's brand new mosaic artwork installed Thursday on the back of its $13.9 million video scoreboard has been removed due to quality concerns among those inside the athletics department.

The two banners depicting images of Tiger, Auburn's live eagle mascot, and the live oaks at Toomer's Corner, were shaded in the incorrect color (gray), an Auburn official told AL.com. The left banner, with Tiger, was also too small for the large opening on the back side of the video board.

The entire project will be re-evaluated, and the plan is for new banners to be installed by mid-season. Auburn has not divulged the financial details of the project, but it certainly wasn't cheap.

The original rendering was a mosaic with photos of Auburn staff and student-athletes comprising the larger pictures of the eagle and Toomer's Corner. The individual images inside the mosaic, however, were only visible when seen up close.

Auburn's first home game at Jordan-Hare Stadium is scheduled for Sept. 12 against Jacksonville State.

http://www.al.com/au...ners_remov.html

Weren't the banners manufactured in Tuscaloosa? No wonder

A common graphic design mistake..while it looks great on a pc monitor, the designer fails to take in account

the actual size or environment the finished product will be seen.

A common graphic design mistake..while it looks great on a pc monitor, the designer fails to take in account

the actual size or environment the finished product will be seen.

Happens to me all the time

Got to be costing somebody money............................................

The boosters that told JJ to take the banners down have the cash, so who cares? :dunno:

In Auburn on business today. This board is BIGGER than expected. Pictures do not capture the scale.....H U G E !!!

Archived