New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from Auburn - they had both murals installed when I saw it. Looks really cool and not as "Jackson Pollock" looking like you see on your monitor.

The speaker cover may be some type of screen mesh but does it look like a plastic tarp to anyone else? For $14M you would think we'd find some way to put a really cool more "permanent" AU ... the aesthetics there are a big miss IYAM ... not too mention the back mosaic tarps ... even if they are temporary.

The speaker cover may be some type of screen mesh but does it look like a plastic tarp to anyone else? For $14M you would think we'd find some way to put a really cool more "permanent" AU ... the aesthetics there are a big miss IYAM ... not too mention the back mosaic tarps ... even if they are temporary.

I feel exactly the same

Couldn't agree more. Feels like putting halogen lights on a Mercedes. Everything else looks really nice, the tarp or whatever looks cheap and out of place.

Perhaps the tarp is hiding some more permanent work going on behind it that will be revealed later?

These are my exact thoughts. I almost wonder if they are rushing to end the entire project.

The mosaics are not permanent. They have not yet decided what will go there permanently.

It would be a cool tradition to change the mosaics every year, but that would almost certainly be prohibitively expensive and labor intensive.

I happen to like the mosaics. I'm sure I'll like them even more in person.

The speaker cover doesn't look cheap to be- it looks functional. You don't want the sound to have to go through metal anything- mesh or otherwise.

The mosaics are not permanent. They have not yet decided what will go there permanently.

It would be a cool tradition to change the mosaics every year, but that would almost certainly be prohibitively expensive and labor intensive.

I read somewhere that they plan on putting screens back there. Whether that is the mosaics or TV screens who knows.

Re-reading JJ's quotes from al.com article, it's sounding more and more like video boards will go up there sooner or later. I'm hoping for sooner.

"In the future what we may end up doing is we may end up putting LED video boards back there so it's not static signage," Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs said. "So that we can do things like 'Graduation today at a certain time' or 'congratulations to professor Smith for winning the Leischuck award,' things like that because it's such a big board and massive space. I didn't want it just to be solid, I want it to be something that we can actually utilize."

Jacobs said until athletics officials will decide on a plan, which could include LED boards "as soon as a year from now," after seeing how the temporary murals look like and how far they can be seen.

LED boards on the outside of the stadium won't be used to show live events from inside the stadium though, but could show highlights from past games or be used for promotional purposes.

"We will in all likelihood, if we do go back with LED boards it will not be to show a game, anything live," Jacobs said. "It could be (before a) Saturday night game we show last week's game up there. The challenge is the PA system, how many people can see it.

"We're going to do like we always do; we're going to be open-minded and try to be proactive and do what's best."

image.jpg

Great pic RIR. Now that they are stretching the murals tight and locking them in with that white edge trim, the addition of that sharp looking "AU" makes that side of Aubietron look very VERY good.

Love the AU on that gray background. The mosaics are REALLY cool

Archived