2016 4* S Nigel Warrior (Vol commit 2/3/16)

RunInRed

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is there another dead period like today or something?

Today & tomorrow are dead periods. Coaches get 1 call TO MAKE per recruit. Recruits can call unlimited times. There are also no texting or social media limitations.

Best news of the day.....if it is true. Is this guy legit? Never heard of him before.

Seems pretty legit to me.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/02/auburn_full_unable_to_offer_sc.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Best news of the day.....if it is true. Is this guy legit? Never heard of him before.

Seems pretty legit to me.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/02/auburn_full_unable_to_offer_sc.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Kieth quoted it in a post, so that's good enough for me

Signing day answers the bell. Until then it's just talk.

That does not mean Warrior is a lock for AU folks. Just clarifying.

True but thankfully not a UT lock either, which if uve seen their thread on vol nation that's what he is lol. This one is going to be down to the wire but major props to Mcgriff on this one

Well obviously nothing is a lock until the paperwork is signed, but if we are only going to take 1 safety and it was either Nigel or Thomas and one kid is told we are full up, then what does that mean? Are there other options besides Thomas if we didn't have Warrior locked up?

Well obviously nothing is a lock until the paperwork is signed, but if we are only going to take 1 safety and it was either Nigel or Thomas and one kid is told we are full up, then what does that mean? Are there other options besides Thomas if we didn't have Warrior locked up?

2-3 at safety, and we have Character committed. SDJ could perhaps also be a safety. So, 1 more, maybe?

I'm guessing the coaches are fine with Character and SDJ, but would be happy if we sign Warrior. That would be 2-3. Guess they just don't like Thomas enough to make him #3.

:dunno:

2-3 at safety, and we have Character committed. SDJ could perhaps also be a safety. So, 1 more, maybe?

I'm guessing the coaches are fine with Character and SDJ, but would be happy if we sign Warrior. That would be 2-3. Guess they just don't like Thomas enough to make him #3.

:dunno:/>

SDJ could possibly grow into an LB but who knows. I feel he could be like kearse at Clemson if he plays safety. On Warrior though, I think they are selling him on the opportunity to play immediately, and some say the "Countess" role, which I see as a guy who can come in and play multiple positions on D and kind of be that anchor in the secondary.

SDJ could possibly grow into an LB but who knows. I feel he could be like kearse at Clemson if he plays safety. On Warrior though, I think they are selling him on the opportunity to play immediately, and some say the "Countess" role, which I see as a guy who can come in and play multiple positions on D and kind of be that anchor in the secondary.

I have no doubt Warrior would see immediate playing time next year in our D.

And recruits never change tbeir mind. :)

Think we could get Thomas to gray shirt? It is sounding pretty good for Warrior, maybe, hopefully.

I thought the way to get kids to gray shirt was to offer them, accept their commitment, then ask them a couple of days before NSD.

:zapbama:

Think we could get Thomas to gray shirt? It is sounding pretty good for Warrior, maybe, hopefully.

I thought the way to get kids to gray shirt was to offer them, accept their commitment, then ask them a couple of days before NSD.

:zapbama:

That IS the way uat and Ole Miss do it.

:zapbama:/>

That IS the way uat and Ole Miss do it.

How can you ask a kid to grayshirt when you have scholarships available?

It means we are all in on Warrior. Not sure what AU will do if we miss on him but ATM I don't expect us to go after another one.

Highly doubt it. He has some descent P5 offers.

How many are committable?

How many are committable?

SCe is. I have not checked on the others nor do I care to at this point since he is no longer an AU target.

I have no doubt Warrior would see immediate playing time next year in our D.

I think that would be a stretch. Not saying he won't see some playing time but he would have to beat out Tim Irvin, Stephen Roberts, Nick Ruffin, Rudy Ford, Tray Mathews, Jeremiah Denson, Javaris Davis, TJ Davis, Jamel Dean and Josh Hosley all of which are much more developed and some of which saw significant playing time last season.

We have depth at DB. Not sure which of the above are true safeties and which are true cornerbacks but it's not likely that anyone is gonna find a starting spot in that group as a true freshman. Carlton Davis, of course, being an exception but I expect Davis to be a four year starter, barring injury.

Archived