2016 4* S Nigel Warrior (Vol commit 2/3/16)

RunInRed

I do not have crystal balls, but if I did.....

you would probably walk funny

I bet it would sound delightful.

He would tinkle when he walked

A check both in the pro and the con columns, no doubt.

pros?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of smoke here for AU. I still think he ends up @ UT but this one has become very tight. If I had to guess I would say 51/49 Vols right now. He really really likes what AU is selling him about filling Contess's void immediately.

That's interesting...I assumed next year's starters in the secondary were already on the team.

Guys. We just had a big tidbit on Warrior. Now is not the time to hijack the thread.

Sorry. You are correct. Plus, I am supposed to be working so I guess I should return to that and wait for a more appropriate time to hijack a thread :)

A lot of smoke here for AU. I still think he ends up @ UT but this one has become very tight. If I had to guess I would say 51/49 Vols right now. He really really likes what AU is selling him about filling Contess's void immediately.

That's interesting...I assumed next year's starters in the secondary were already on the team.

They may be but if Warrior picks AU he will have a shot to win 1. Likely the nickel DB which plays 80% of the time & is open for competition.

If Holsey recoops well he may get that spot.

Do we have any in-homes or scheduled visits left w/ Nigel?

Used it this week. We could see him Sunday night after his Vols OV & before the dead period starts & midnight. Sunday is a new week.

Warrior is my potential surprise addition to the class (stuck him on my updated 'predict the finish' thread contribution a few days ago).

I still think he picks UTk; but if he goes anywhere else, I'd think it would be Auburn.

The corner spot opposite of Carlton Davis is def not settled. Same with the Nickel.

I agree on the CB spot. I have very, very serious doubts that any freshman is beating out Tray Matthews, Stephen Roberts, and/or Jonathan Ford. All three have starting experience, and we played all three together in the Memphis game, and we played two of these guys with Countess regularly down the stretch. I suspect Ford found a home as the Nickel back. He was very good there at the end of the season.

Guys, Warrior isn't coming to Auburn. Per his dad:

"No, not really. He’s a very humble kid.

He's a grinder. I tell him about the things and what he to expect before even when he gets to school; when he gets to Tennessee. I just tell him the things that you've got to expect. He's not going to live in my shoes. He's got his own path."

He's a grinder. I tell him about the things and what he to expect before even when he gets to school; when he gets to Tennessee. I just tell him the things that you've got to expect. He's not going to live in my shoes. He's got his own path."

Everyone still thinks he&rsqo;s going to UTk.

;)

;)/>

I see what you did there, although it would have been a lot funnier to those who read this later if you would have quoted it before I changed all those symbols. :) Edit. I missed a symbol, so you win. />

;)/>

I see what you did there, although it would have been a lot funnier to those who read this later if you would have quoted it before I changed all those symbols. :) Edit. I missed a symbol, so you win. />

Yep. Timing is everything.

:slapfh:

;)/>

I see what you did there, although it would have been a lot funnier to those who read this later if you would have quoted it before I changed all those symbols. :)/> Edit. I missed a symbol, so you win. />

:slapfh:/>

All I see is bad news. What are you seeing?

Nickel spot is not nailed down. It could be Holsey, Irwin, Warrior if he signs or somebody else may have the light come on and earn the spot. The posters who are saying this are stating what they think often based on their knowledge of the game and how people played last year. Spring and fall practice and injuries can change everything. Based on the posters I have seen it is intelligent conjecture which is all you can do at this time of the year.

"No, not really. He's a very humble kid.

;)/>

I see what you did there, although it would have been a lot funnier to those who read this later if you would have quoted it before I changed all those symbols. :)/> Edit. I missed a symbol, so you win. />

:slapfh:/>

All I see is bad news. What are you seeing?

Joke timing. I made a joke that was mildly funny before thaitopher edited his post; but by the time I posted, his edited post made my joke not only not funny, but also nonsensical.

As for news on Warrior, it looks like we are making enough of a push to make it interesting, but everyone still expects him to end up at UTk.

Is that bad news, good news, or a little of both?

Certainly, I'm just saying what I think. I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

I'm always skeptical of freshmen as starters. I'm on the record as saying that I expect the opening day starters at WR to be Stevens, Davis, and Smith. We kind of fell into Ford as a Nickelback. Irvin hit the freshman wall and never really worked back into the regular rotation. Countess shifted back to Safety after Matthews was hurt. Then, Ford started struggling, and by necessity, we started playing Stephen Roberts at Safety. Wouldn't you know it? He was so good he never gave up the starting spot opposite Countess, even after Matthews was healthy.

Meanwhile, Ford shifted down to Nickel in order to get our best guys on the field together. We had 7 DBs that we liked (Countess, Roberts, Matthews, Ruffin, Ford, Davis, and Jones). Playing Ford at Nickel allowed us to play 5 of them at any given time. I thought Ford took a major step forward in that LB/S hybrid role.

I was simply saying I expect him to remain in that role with the depth we have a Safety (Roberts, Matthews, and Ruffin make for a very good rotation). If he does, he'll be difficult for any freshman, no matter how talented, to unseat.

The corner spot opposite of Carlton Davis is def not settled. Same with the Nickel.

I think Jamel Dean will lock down the #2 CB spot.

I've heard good things about him. It's really unfortunate that Jeremiah Dinson had such horrible injuries. He was looking very, very good. That was probably going to be his spot in 2016. I suspect Irvin will get a long look at CB as well, and I haven't really heard a lot about Javaris Davis except that he's very fast. I suppose it's possible Holsey could be fully back, and God willing, he could be an option. That CB spot is going to be a fierce competition.

I've heard good things about him. It's really unfortunate that Jeremiah Dinson had such horrible injuries. He was looking very, very good. That was probably going to be his spot in 2016. I suspect Irvin will get a long look at CB as well, and I haven't really heard a lot about Javaris Davis except that he's very fast. I suppose it's possible Holsey could be fully back, and God willing, he could be an option. That CB spot is going to be a fierce competition.

Dinson out next year?

Archived