2016 4* S Nigel Warrior (Vol commit 2/3/16)

RunInRed

Crazy to think that we're actually fairly strong throughout the secondary, at least with our 1s. And we're discussing a couple battles between quality candidates. I know the focus is on LB now, but we might as well celebrate the good things.

We definitely have room for Warrior. I agree that he's more likely a rotation guy than a starter year 1, because as mcgufcm says, it's just more likely that a true freshman doesn't start in general.

Aaaaaand in keeping with custom, Britt said it more concisely while I typed and typed and...

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard good things about him. It's really unfortunate that Jeremiah Dinson had such horrible injuries. He was looking very, very good. That was probably going to be his spot in 2016. I suspect Irvin will get a long look at CB as well, and I haven't really heard a lot about Javaris Davis except that he's very fast. I suppose it's possible Holsey could be fully back, and God willing, he could be an option. That CB spot is going to be a fierce competition.

Dinson out next year?

It's possible.

Crazy to think that we're actually fairly strong throughout the secondary, at least with our 1s. And we're discussing a couple battles between quality candidates. I know the focus is on LB now, but we might as well celebrate the good things.

We definitely have room for Warrior. I agree that he's more likely a rotation guy than a starter year 1, because as mcgufcm says, it's just more likely that a true freshman doesn't start in general.

Aaaaaand in keeping with custom, Britt said it more concisely while I typed and typed and...

Hahaha

I feel good about our DBs and safeties -- but not nearly so good that I wouldn't be thrilled if we could add Warrior to this class!

I soo want to make an Ultimate Warrior joke but can't think of 1.

On Dinson, we won't know until closer to fall, but man, he had a laundry list of injuries that are, individually, 9-12 months of rehab.

On Dinson, we won't know until closer to fall, but man, he had a laundry list of injuries that are, individually, 9-12 months of rehab.

That's too bad. At least he can medical redshirt next year if he doesn't play I am assuming?

I feel good about our DBs and safeties -- but not nearly so good that I wouldn't be thrilled if we could add Warrior to this class!

I soo want to make an Ultimate Warrior joke but can't think of 1.

JXQEopQSR2ioQaVKjzMs_Ultimate%20Warrior%20Bobble%20Mouth.gif

A lot of smoke here for AU. I still think he ends up @ UT but this one has become very tight. If I had to guess I would say 51/49 Vols right now. He really really likes what AU is selling him about filling Contess's void immediately.

That's interesting...I assumed next year's starters in the secondary were already on the team.

The corner spot opposite of Carlton Davis is def not settled. Same with the Nickel.

I think Jamel Dean will lock down the #2 CB spot.

First prediction of Dean I've heard. TJ Davis will be in the mix. Dinson would be in not for the injuries. It will def be a battle for it.

That's too bad. At least he can medical redshirt next year if he doesn't play I am assuming?

No. Dinson played in the first 9 games. The limit for a Redshirt is fewer than 30% of team competitions (none after the midpoint of the season).

No. Dinson played in the first 9 games. The limit for a Redshirt is fewer than 30% of team competitions (none after the midpoint of the season).

I am talking about next year. If he doesn't play next year it doesn't count against him right?

I am talking about next year. If he doesn't play next year it doesn't count against him right?

He has not Redshirted yet, so if he misses 2016 [or plays in fewer than 30% of team competitions (none after the midpoint of the season)], he can apply for a Redshirt.

Med Reds f or the off season before the seaare only used for an injury in the early part of the senior year. If JD RSes next season it will be a standard RS.

A lot of smoke here for AU. I still think he ends up @ UT but this one has become very tight. If I had to guess I would say 51/49 Vols right now. He really really likes what AU is selling him about filling Contess's void immediately.

That's interesting...I assumed next year's starters in the secondary were already on the team.

The corner spot opposite of Carlton Davis is def not settled. Same with the Nickel.

First prediction of Dean I've heard. TJ Davis will be in the mix. Dinson would be in not for the injuries. It will def be a battle for it.

Everything I heard was if Dean was eligible last season he would have been a starting CB. That was likely before CD blew up but still.

Everything I heard was if Dean was eligible last season he would have been a starting CB. That was likely before CD blew up but still.

That's "2004 David Irons" type good news.

That's a Med Red. On a standard Red you can't play at all.

Correct. But the tag of "Redshirt" still applies the same regardless if it's a Medical Redshirt or Standard Redshirt.

For example, Trovon Reed played 3 snaps in the 2010 Clemson game. He applied for and received a Medical Redshirt because he met the "fewer than 30% of team competitions (none after the midpoint of the season)" and "suffered a season-ending injury" criteria.

In 2011, he was listed as a "Redshirt Freshman", same as a fellow Redshirt Freshman who didn't play at all in 2010 (Chad Slade, for example).

A medical redshirt must be applied for. A regular redshirt does not, it's what happens automatically when a player isn't in a game, even one play, all year and has never redshirted before.

A medical redshirt must be applied for. A regular redshirt does not, it's what happens automatically when a player isn't in a game, even one play, all year and has never redshirted before.

Yup. My apologies if I did not make that clear.

Yup. My apologies if I did not make that clear.

Morning E.

Every one of my Ole Miss friends was adamant that we hired the best recruiter in college football and a damn fine position coach. Looks like they might be right about him.

From KK FWIW

Kyle Kolumbus ‏@kkolumbo 18m18 minutes ago

Auburn should know today whether we get Warrior or not I think. I believe he's letting the staffs know and we'll offer Daniel Thomas if not.

Excellent. That's the way it should go too I'd like to point out. Make a decision and let the staffs know as a courtesy. Well done.

Archived