Softball defeats Arizona St.

7-4. Clint Myers beats his old school. ASU scored 4 in the first and AU scored 7 unanswered highlighted by Emily Carosone's grand slam in the bottom of the 4th.

Rachael Walters started, but got roughed up for 4 runs. Lexi Davis entered and pitched 6.1 innings of scoreless softball.

The radio on auburntigers.com sounded very loud with lots of fans cheering for both sides. The strong AU contingent was due to 4 players from the West Coast with their families in attendance in addition to the whole Myers crew. Even with the Fullerton loss, this was an excellent trip for AU softball. War Eagle! Can't wait to see how far this team goes.

After the Fullerton game was worried about this one....a great win for Coach....and the team.

Nice to have some quality competition leading up to the SEC season where there will be a whole lot of quality competition.

Lexi off to a very good start for the team...has made some long "relief" appearances in addition to her starts.

An Auburn win and a Scumdevil loss is always a good thing.

(My better half went to Arizona and her dad played baseball at Auburn. He was a junior on the '67 team that went to Omaha.)

I made it until just after Carasone hit that Grand Slam! Game started about 11 CT plus the time change, I had to let them handle it from there. LOL They did!

They had a great tournament and that one loss will probably stick with them all the way home.

They are playing great team ball and the rest of the season will be very interesting.

While Rachel Walters had a hard time with ASU, and Lexi finsihed it for her, Lexi had the same thing happen against Long Beach State (first game) and Rachel came in and basically shut them down and AU won it in 8 innings after a 4 run 7th to tie it and nearly got the 5th run to win it! Very exciting games this weekend!

Archived